Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33242 times)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Destination Unknown [WL:4/6]
« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2013, 01:27:11 pm »

((OOC: Even with a repair gun?))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2013, 01:45:03 pm »

[Yep! I'm not talking a huge decrease. Maybe 1% or so. It's not permanent; I have this limit in place to make it so you can't sit under fire forever while someone with a repair gun/pack heals you up.

The time to fix may seem high given the rule of thumb for armor maintenance is one hour per every three hours of use, but I'm talking about "complete refurbishment" where every single part of the 6+ shield nodes are tested, analyzed, refurbished, etc, to 100% or higher capacity. A quick repair without all the testing and such isn't near as long. Longer than waving your repair gun, but no more than ten minutes.]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2013, 04:29:55 pm »

(( Well I only want the one repaired, the other 5 are all fine so a quick repair is good until we reach a safer place for me to repair the lot properly. don't want to get into another fight with a node that could blow any second. ))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:34:37 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2013, 11:49:42 pm »

Marcus listens to the others discussing where to go from here, studying the map. "How many days of supplies do we have?" he asks, tossing whatever's left in the cart. "And how much ammo?" After getting the response, he licks his lips, and sucks through his teeth. "Well, I'm not gonna pull rank, but I think we should head west. Not too far away, and from the looks of it, it'll have stuff we can break down to have our assorted engineers build something from. Like a DV-38." He cracked his neck as he looked over his team.
"Look. We can't expect help. We can't rely or even hope that anyone is coming to rescue us. That means we're on our own. We've got a nicely varied team, enough to last on our own as long as we have resources. But how many of you can use a gun effectively? I can tell just by looking, you may have guns, but you're not great shots. That means we want to stay out of combat as much as possible, for now. Priority one is survival. That means our objective needs to be to find a defensible place we can use as a base of operations. This ship?" He waves at it, then laughs. "They know where it is, it's got a few too many holes in it's hull, and it's already half-blown to smithereens. So we should head west, to get materials, and then probably south to see what weapons we can scavenge, and what defenses we can reactivate or set up.
After that? Well after that we go out, and we kill some of those fuckin' xeno bastards that shot us down. Because we're Space Marines. Never surrender, never forget, never forgive. We are Space Marines! And we do what needs doing for the sake of doing it. Let's move out! Hoo-ah!"

That was a good speech. Didn't usually have to give them back when his team was alive. Fuckin' alien assholes. The question was whether the speech would get them pumped up like he hoped it would, or make him look ridiculous.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2013, 11:51:34 pm »

(( Uhm, we're not space marines. ))
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2013, 11:55:02 pm »

Where do you come in, you ask? Good question, soldier! You're a Space Marine. Earth's Finest, the first, last, and best line of defense against Galactic civilization. You and the rest of your squad crash-landed on Mars, and it is your job to sort out this Xeno mess.
[We're totally space marines. And it's amazing.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2013, 11:56:58 pm »

(( I don't think we're that kind of space marines lol, we're good but we aren't 40k genetically modified super soldier level.
If we were our fleet wouldn't have just been blown out of the sky almost without a fight the moment the enemy main fleet showed up. ))
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2013, 12:11:02 am »

[You're totally space marines. You're just not 40K space marines.

You have some things in common with them, though. Like, the reputation for badassery. Humans may not have the longest history, but seeing as how the total human history (currently) has only 292 years without war in the past, oh, 5000 years, Humans have the most violence-to-history ratio in this Galaxy. And the neighboring ones, too.

There is a reason why Humans have a reputation as space cowboys, techies, and mercenaries. They earned it.]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2013, 12:14:14 am »

(( True, but without the modifications for enhanced strength and endurance, being able to fight for weeks on end with 0 rest, food or water and so on I don't think attacking the Aliens is a good idea.

At least until we can find more survivors and gather enough men to stand a chance of not being buried beneath pure numbers, as it stands we have more aliens to kill then we have bullets to kill them. Not good odds.
Unless of course we can find 9 more guys in armour like me.

10 of us and I'll be more then happy to kick the aliens off my new home planet. ))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:17:19 am by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2013, 12:30:14 am »

[You have the stealthtent to rest in, recycled bodily fluids, and RAW to convert to food.

I'm going to tell you right now: the Punitive Invasion is doomed. Why do I say you're doomed? There's a few thousand marines and triple that number in irregulars, with limited resources against hundreds of thousands of Kai and Human traitors with just about a full planetary industrial base behind them.  You're guerrillas, who are fighting desperately to do as much damage as possible and send as much info about them back to Earth before you all die. The more attention is spent on making you lot dead, the less attention is spent on conquering Earth.

I'm not saying you can't win, mind you. You can indeed win, it's just that victory does not mean "ending the occupation."

Victory means "Give Earth a fighting chance." Endgame gives a description of how the Earth fares against the Kai, and if you transmit enough data and wreck enough shit, they might win, making your names go down in history forever as saviors of humanity from the Xeno menace.]

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2013, 12:35:20 am »

"Uhm.. Sir? I am very sorry if I am about to ruin your little moment there, but I would like to point out that some parts of your proposal are... very optimistic. If those Xenos are that thorough to even care about this crash-landed ship, I somewhat doubt that they would leave an entire settlement alone, especially a bigger one."

If the reader is wondering, the irony of half his own proposals being skyrocketing higher on the optimism-scale is indeed very lost on Dr. Miller. All that borderline-narcistic self-confidence and too many hours spent rummaging through other peoples innards coming into play.

"But the part about reactivating defenses and arming up is indeed good - provided we really should get stuck down here."

(( The logical mind of Uncle Doctor strikes yet again. Maybe a combat medic would be cheering by now, but I somehow am very unable to picture myself as much of a fighter... ))
(( B-but.. Richard only took this job to get enough money to open his very own dentistry-clinic.. - Joke aside, I am quite sure we all have read the intro about this being a suicide mission. The info about how our actions might count in the long run, is pretty neat thou.))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2013, 12:44:48 am »

[Yeah, it would be rather pointless if all you got for it was "Lol the Kai invade Earth, game over." I mean, heck, if you guys do something serious, you're gonna want to know it mattered.

I'm not gonna give you a list of potential endings, but you should know that the best ending (and therefore, hardest to achieve) has most of you surviving, leading the Resistance for years based on human ingenuity, stolen tech, and incredible luck; standing together to watch the Second Punitive Invasion land; and keeping up on the war from a top-of-the-line Human superdreadnaught aimed for home and glory.

Obviously, I'm going to be working hard to ensure you don't get that ending. You have to earn it. :)

The worst ending involves the Kai taking over the solar system, and using their Human quislings and stolen resources to launch an intergalactic pogrom, with you lot vilified in the Teachings of Harmony.]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2013, 12:48:55 am »

(( Well if I can't survive then I'm taking the entire planet with me :P if I can't win and live I can at least make sure I have a lot of company in hell and that everybody in the universe will remember my name.... as the bitch who committed the worst act of genocide in the history o the universe out of pure spite. ))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:51:11 am by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2013, 12:55:57 am »

[My hopes for this thread have gone up so much; that's exactly the outlook I was hoping for.]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2013, 12:59:22 am »

(( I can always be counted on to screw the game plan and go way way way way...... to far purely out of spite. Wait until I get hold of a group of juggernaut armed soldiers like me and you'll see what I mean, the basic initial plan is to steal a ship, find some generator that's very powerful, plant a bomb, fly away, watch 1/4 of the planet go up in flames just to announce I'm here.

Because nothing quite says Alexis was here like an explosion so big they can see it from earth.

I'm envisioning the survivors of the fleet thinking thank fuck she's there problem now when they make it back to earth. ))
Now it never would.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38