Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33220 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Hostile craft incoming. [WL:4/6]
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2013, 12:49:28 pm »

Take cover in the ship. It can't see us there, and the plasteel* should hold of whatever weaponry it can field.

Urge everyone to take cover in the ship. Take the time to look for maps if possible.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Hostile craft incoming. [WL:4/6]
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2013, 02:15:28 pm »

[Alexis]: You take cover beneath an overhang and kneel, tracking the scout. It flies overhead and circles out of your sight, scanning the wreck.

[Richard]: You retreat back into part of the ship with the rest of the squad.

[Mark]: You find yourself getting annoyed by people preparing to blast the scout out of the sky. After issuing orders and leaving the ship, you fling yourself underneath some debris and hunker down. As Kyle approaches, you hear his query, then notice your HUD go fuzzy as the stealth system visually covers you both. Aria likewise flings herself down. The visual stealth buckles slightly, but continues.

[Kyle]: You activate both packs and approach the captain, mostly on the basis of your assumption that if he snuffs it, you'll have no idea where to go. When Aria joins, you quickly configure the visual field and cross your fingers, noticing your energy supply draining fast.

[Robert]: You re-enter the ship, and try to stealthily look for maps to download. You don't have the luck.

[Aria]: You quickly join the bubble of protection, overhearing a muffled curse from Kyle as he quickly adjusts the field.

[Squad]: You all grow silent as the scout drone circles, and then touches down. It surveys the wreck, and lets out a few pulses to detect the area, registered by your armor. Fortunately, Kyle's jammer and the walls of the ship work to provide cover for everyone. After rolling around, the Scout stops a few meters away from the outdoor trio, lets out a series of clicks, and turns a camera towards the group. After a few tense moments, it clicks again and rolls away, then engages its flight system and takes off. After a few more moments of circling, the drone lines up, fires two missiles at the former cockpit, and blasts off. The squad braces itself in the few moments before the missiles hit.

Robert, Richard - You're lucky enough to be in another section. Still, the force of the blast tilts the ship fragment at a bad angle, and you fall down hard before you can engage jets. You take 1 HP damage through the armor and shield.

Alexis - No damage taken to you, but your armor looks a bit sandblasted. Further, one of your shield nodes is nearly overloaded and in need of repair. 99% integrity, your energy is out, and slowly returning.

Mark, Kyle, Aria - Your shields absorb the damage. Kyle is out of energy, and both packs deactivate to allow the energy stock to build back up.

Squad - The scoutcraft vanishes from the tacmap. Your best guess is that it didn't sense you.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Hostile craft outgoing. [WL:4/6]
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2013, 02:18:47 pm »

Rip the ship to pieces and recycle everything I can get my hands on including the scrap I already collected. ( Don't touch the wagon )

"Robert, mind taking a look at this node? It almost overloaded and your better at repairs then I am, no sense wasting limited supplies for me to do it when you can probably do it better."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:22:42 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2013, 02:21:01 pm »

Scout the surrounding area and see if there are any other crashed ships in need of salvaging.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2013, 02:35:20 pm »

Everyone alright? We might want to get out before of here before they come looking for materials.

Activate assembler

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2013, 05:17:15 pm »

"That.. could certainly have ended worse. Anybody taken real damage from that one?"

After checking for his own health, Dr. Miller adressed the less-pressing matter of inquiring about the health of his temporary team. The bruising that he had taken surely wasn't bad enough to warrant a Numb-me-not, but he did eye the package. Thrice. Alright, Alright. Seven times. Happy now? But no, he was sure to get a more serious wound before starting to take the good stuff. As there undoubtly would be no way to get one that would not endanger his much-valued life, he gave up on the idea. For now.

Shortly after being filled in with the happenings, he will offer his professional but very un-medical view on the topic at hand. If one of the engineers would show him how, he even might be willing to part some of his energy to Kyle - seeing as he himself has the energy-pack and currently no real use for it.
(Disregard this if I am mistaken about the Mending-Gun or the Suit's Systems being able to do this.)

"Well then, let's hope that this is all we are going to see from those xenos - untill we arrive at the base-camp, that is. Not that I want to seem nagging about that point, but are there any systems outside of the cockpit that could help in the search for it?"

If possible, he will take that matter into his own hands. Actually, it very well might be the first time - if you discount the bloody dispatching - that he would do something proactive for his sur... the survival of the team! What strong determination and team-spirit indeed. Admireable - thou I might be biased in that regard.

By now he would really miss being in the med-tent. Minus the screams, blood, entrails and owner-less limbs that accompany that place even in the best of its times. That is bound to say something - if that is about his dislike for the current situation, or more about his mindset in general, will be left to the readers discretion.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2013, 05:40:18 pm »

Aria picks herself up from where she was hiding, dusting off the debris from the missile blast. Carefully scanning the surrounding area with both her eyes and her suits sensors (if applicable) she looks for any other hostiles. If she doesn't see any immediate threats, assist in the resource reclamation and gathering of supplies.

Close one, that was, but I'm fine, if anyone wanted to know. Maybe we should have blasted it when it was on the ground. We might have been able to get some useful info about their materials, weapons and auxiliary systems from it.

Aria overhears the good(?) doctor talk of a base camp. She cannot seem to remember any mention of a base camp, and decides to take a look to see if she personally can find any relevant information about the planet and possible friendly locations, although, she thinks to herself, it may be unlikely as things like that are usually contained in the cockpit computers, the same cockpit computers now spread over the surrounding area after a twin missile strike....

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2013, 11:29:53 pm »

"I didn't know that. Glad you did. Got a name, or should I call you 'Sneak'?" He turned on his comm, the worried look on his face hidden by the helmet, and looked out at the others. "Anyone injured by that? If not, let's get started. We need to find somewhere to make a temporary base, and we need to get all the supplies we can. The doc's got a point about looking for other survivors, but I don't think we'll find a base camp that survived, if they're using missiles 'just to make sure' with wrecks like this." He got out of the debris and kept careful watch on his tac map as he walked to the ship to offer his help with gathering resources. "So I know Richard and Aria, and what they do. I can take a guess about the rest of you, but it'd be nice to get to know the names of the people my life is gonna depend on."

[How much does my char and the rest of the party know about the Kai? Me being a Hardened Veteran, Captain, and having Xeno Training, compared to what the general knowledge the rest of humanity probably has.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2013, 11:51:01 pm »

[Your total knowledge is something around "Aren't they those bugs that got their sun MEGANUKED?" and that makes you a virtual post-doc on Kai knowledge as far as humans go.]

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2013, 02:23:56 am »

[Alexis]: You start tearing the ship apart with Aria and Mark, noting to turn down your audio pickups as you do so. After accumulating a reasonable stack, you start feeding it into the Recycler, increasing your supply of RAW to 600.

[Kyle]: You look around for other crashed ships the scout may have missed. Nothing is around but the dead and the scattered wreckage of your ship. After a few moments of looking, Richard approaches, and connects a line from his armor to yours, rapidly refilling your power reserves back to full.

[Robert]: You ready your Assembler pack, and consider the requested repair before informing Alexis that a field repair is not the best option based on several factors, the least of which is not currently "We know something bad is coming and soon."

[Richard]: You check your armor's system for energy transfer, and are relieved to find out that such an action is easy as connecting a male plug into a female plug. After a few moments to inquire where it is, while hoping very much the "male plug" is NOT where you think it is, you are even more relieved to find one on your pectoral. You proceed to Kyle, hook up the lines, and enable the flow, diverting the Energy Pack's generation into his suit.

[Aria]: Working with Alexis, Mark, and your toolkit, you help to liberate resources, increasing your RAW total to 600. By this point, there's no supplies left to pilfer that wouldn't take ages to restore to the condition of just plain "not working" as opposed to "exploded", "crispy", and/or "vaguely recognizable as once having been a thing."

[Mark]: You assist with the harvesting, but decide to hold back on gaining RAW for yourself, rationalizing that it can be transferred at some future point. You discover that you've looted everything workable, and consider your options as to where to go from the Command Map.

[Party]: After Mark releases the data, several possible destinations show.

North: A first-generation terraforming facility. Probably useless as far as it goes, being an abandoned smoke and fire factory, but there may be valuable comms equipment. Two days.
North-NorthEast: A holdfast, or "small human ranch town." You have no idea if it is Administration or not. Two days.
West: A larger holdfast, or "human ranch town." It is known to have had a Royal Holdings bank. Three days.
South: A small outpost/supply depot of military origins. Probably already raided, but there may be supplies. Five days.
South: A vertically-integrated, massive manufacturing facility. It makes pretty much anything. The odds are very high that it's crawling with Xenos and re-purposed for their industry, since the Map has it glowing hostile-red for miles around the megafacility.
Southwest: There's a large dome city about fifteen day's march this direction.
Point K: The nearest possible designated point to head in case a situation exactly like this happened. Problem is, "nearest possible" means "at least a month of hard marching 12 hours a day", and that's a long way to go when you know zilch about the situation and what's between you and there.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 03:29:23 am by Ross Vernal »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Destination Unknown [WL:4/6]
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2013, 05:46:58 am »

Continue scraping everything for raw right down to the ships bulkheads and perform a quick repair on the damaged node. Keep the previous 600 RAW and any more I gather up with me.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:30:39 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2013, 08:09:22 am »

Kyle nods to Richard in thanks and then waits for further orders.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2013, 11:14:34 am »

Aria will help Alexis fix her equipment, using my skills and toolbox. Once done, Aria will await further orders, whilst making herself as useful as possible to the others.

Aria takes a look at the data retrieved that shows the list of locations.

I'd say we head north and then visit the locations in an anti-clockwise rotation. If we head north to the old terraforming facility, and then go to the holdfast North-north-east, followed by the one in the west and continuing round the locations in list order, probably skipping the massive manufacturing facility as, judging from what we've seen already, if it was important to us it will be fantastically important to the Xeno's which means we haven't a hope in hell in getting in there, we may eventually have a surplus of supplies, meaning we could get to Point K and maybe get our sorry arses out of this cluster-fuck.

Put my opinion across.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2013, 11:49:55 am »

"Well, I am quite sure that we do not want to go south any time soon. I would actually prefer that we go to the old facility up North first, seeing as we ought to gain a better picture of the overall happenings. We also could call down some help, provided our guys up there don't loose too badly."

Sharing his unfounded optimism, together with his take on the matter at hand, the doctor is sure to gain broad approval. At least if you were to ask him. As for now, he is planning to make a visit to the med-bay, based on the belief of it being an actual facility of this ship and being uncrushed. If this is improbable, he will offer generic help instead. His lack of actual knowledge may be inbetween stupidity, hilarity or genius, and blessed with confidence in the ability of his peers, he has no problems voicing a quite outlandish possiblity.

"Say, we really could use some kind of vehicle... You engineers sure the engines are completely unusable for some jury-rigging of that sort? If it works we even might be able to get towards Point K afterall. Beats walking there for sure."

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2013, 01:20:20 pm »

[Just to make it clear:

Field repairs of a node with a pack reduce overall efficiency. Fixing it by hand means removing and disassembling the armor, and taking an hour or so to do it by hand.]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:28:35 pm by Ross Vernal »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38