Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325553 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1590 on: September 14, 2013, 11:09:31 pm »

I really don't think you'd like to face half a dozen of our server's heavier ships...  Even without turrets Eidolon can tear through ships with disturbing speed.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: September 14, 2013, 11:16:10 pm »

I really don't think you'd like to face half a dozen of our server's heavier ships...  Even without turrets Eidolon can tear through ships with disturbing speed.

We really should give them bigger ships though. It'd make it more of a challenge.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: September 14, 2013, 11:25:20 pm »

Seriously, it was just like 5 fighters against a Broadsword. I was mostly damaged by myself. I am dissapoint.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 14, 2013, 11:28:47 pm »

Someone should specifically make ships for them.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: September 14, 2013, 11:42:35 pm »

That does seem reasonable to give them some decent fighters, rather than those poor little... drones? The wraith and banshee are definitely not fit for the role of pestering anything. You could, for instance, give them Legion Standard Fighters (the one I fly around in). It's an average for acceleration and manueverability, shield strength, and firepower for a vessel of its size. At least, I thought so.

No way in hell you'd be seeing any of our battleships floating around under a pirate flag: that'd just be silly! But give them a few more mid-large size fighter craft and maybe a new frigate or three, and they'd at least require you to pay attention to them.

BAY12 PIRATE VESSEL DESIGN WEEK GO!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: September 14, 2013, 11:48:15 pm »

Yea those top front turrets on the broadsword do a really good job of absorbing your own main gun fire don't they.  I didn't actually know that could happen until long after they were built.

Oh well.  Once inspiration strikes the Greatsword won't have the same issue.  I'm also for giving the pirates a few bigger ships.  Probably none of the big half sector spanning goliaths though  While they can't hurt a home station I doubt folks want pirate ships capable of destroying everything and anything not nailed down. 

Probably nothing bigger than a small battleship, or maybe even a heavy cruiser.  Big enough to be threatening, small enough to be reasonably repelled by station turrets before destroying everything in the vicinity.

Ninjaedit:  If you wanna be semi RP with it Greiger manufacturing would basically be selling ships on the open market, so just about anything greiger manufacturing (that is actually a combat ship) would logically be pirate accessible.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:50:03 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: September 14, 2013, 11:59:29 pm »

Greiger, GSC is looking to do some pulse engine experiments, would you be willing to provide funding/pulsecannons?
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: September 15, 2013, 08:42:06 am »

I don't have a pulse cannon recipe yet, I saw the things as more of a toy than actually useful so it has been a low priority.  I have to go soon but I'll see what I can produce in an hour and make them available to you.

How many ya need?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: September 15, 2013, 10:12:50 am »

I don't have a pulse cannon recipe yet, I saw the things as more of a toy than actually useful so it has been a low priority.  I have to go soon but I'll see what I can produce in an hour and make them available to you.

How many ya need?
64 for preliminary testing.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: September 16, 2013, 01:48:52 pm »

Uhg, I am an idiot. Forgot to look at the server to see it updated first.

Also why no one has talked on here for a while, are they working on pirate vessels for the server?

Why hasn't anyone said anything recently?
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: September 16, 2013, 02:21:28 pm »

Busy with school :( Also, I'm not that great with practical ships. I prefer my "models"

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: September 16, 2013, 02:22:01 pm »

i've been shooting everything to death with the TIE_FRIGATE_Scream

they're ded

legit

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1602 on: September 16, 2013, 03:05:34 pm »

Updating server

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: September 16, 2013, 04:50:53 pm »

Has anyone noticed the MASSIVE boost turrets got? I have 6 medium turrets on my light raider and I can keep hitting /initiate_wave 5 1 over and over again while the screen fills with ship debris.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: September 16, 2013, 09:52:25 pm »

Has anyone noticed the MASSIVE boost turrets got? I have 6 medium turrets on my light raider and I can keep hitting /initiate_wave 5 1 over and over again while the screen fills with ship debris.

All I noticed is HOW MUCH WORK TO GET THEM BACK TO FUNCTIONAL STATUS!!!

I HATE THE "new and improved" docking area function that Schema apparently planned. The old way was better to be honest. Now you have to work the turrets into basically a block to work them, or make them into a huge size for even bigger ships. IF he had to put a bounding box there it should be by volume of the blocks it can fit, not the new way. At least the volume box lets you play around with designs more.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 181