Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325809 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1200 on: August 08, 2013, 04:59:09 pm »

Yeah I removed the blueprints and restarted it to see if that will help. Alpha software is buggy.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 08, 2013, 05:34:30 pm »

Yeah I removed the blueprints and restarted it to see if that will help. Alpha software is buggy.

removed the blueprints

removed the blueprints

removed the blueprints

Cue everyone rushing onto the server to save their ships, causing it to crash again :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1202 on: August 08, 2013, 05:45:04 pm »

I can always put them back, its not a huge deal. Seems to be stable now though.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 08, 2013, 07:09:51 pm »

Argh. Why are none of the ice planets I find that awesome. I just want to recreate Hoth :(

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 08, 2013, 09:13:49 pm »

Argh. Why are none of the ice planets I find that awesome. I just want to recreate Hoth :(
I found an awesome one. Most ice planets are. What we need is some miniscule fighters, and a little ice-planet valley fighter shooty thing.

I found a crazy ice planet at 7,-11,-9 that looked a bit like those purple planets, in terms of how insane it looked. Basically, it was all canyons and outstretched arms of ice. But I'm in the market for something more flat.

EDIT: Went back there and realized how oddly beautiful it was. Still not what I'm looking for, but beautiful. So, I took some screenshots.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And this one is my favourite. I landed with the Millenium Falcon's escape pod, and took this picture of an ice canyon I landed in.

That's the pod on the left, near an ice crystal formation. I'm staring off into the distance, lost on this hostile planet. I almost want to make this my homeworld, just so it won't be strip mined or turned into a megabase.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:32:15 pm by Glloyd »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 08, 2013, 10:28:39 pm »

Carrack cruiser? Eh, that would be mine. Feel free to delete it if it's causing problems. The damn things too big to really do anything with anyway and I keep copies of the blueprints on my own computer as well.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 08, 2013, 10:34:41 pm »

Screenshot button is F5 for with GUI, F6 for without, crashing bonus extra.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 08, 2013, 10:45:23 pm »

I found an awesome one. Most ice planets are. What we need is some miniscule fighters, and a little ice-planet valley fighter shooty thing.

I found a crazy ice planet at 7,-11,-9 that looked a bit like those purple planets, in terms of how insane it looked. Basically, it was all canyons and outstretched arms of ice. But I'm in the market for something more flat.

EDIT: Went back there and realized how oddly beautiful it was. Still not what I'm looking for, but beautiful. So, I took some screenshots.

And this one is my favourite. I landed with the Millenium Falcon's escape pod, and took this picture of an ice canyon I landed in.

That's the pod on the left, near an ice crystal formation. I'm staring off into the distance, lost on this hostile planet. I almost want to make this my homeworld, just so it won't be strip mined or turned into a megabase.
Make it a wilderness refuge.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 09, 2013, 03:50:32 am »

Well, tonight was interesting. MEM got angry because I needed to lock him (and actually everyone) out of my homeworld to do some repairs on the station, and apparently shot at something of mine. I have no idea what it was, but that provoked the automatic war declaration response, which resulted in every turret in range (a damn lot of 'em) opening fire on him.

It was actually pretty damn hilarious to watch, but unfortunately by the time I realized they were firing his ship was already overheating and he was running around the surface playing dodge-laser, which he was pretty good at. Not so good at dodge-missile, though. The war eventually ended without further casualty and he came back. His ship was still partially there, if looking a little worse for wear.

I never did remember to open the doors again, though. I should do that when I get on tomorrow night. Or maybe glloyd could?

Oh, and a reminder to Glloyd: I added 256 shield blocks to the Vesperia, so she should have sufficient shielding to hang on in case more violence erupts and a few shots go her way. Still definitely not going to last if intentionally attacked, though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:52:54 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 09, 2013, 04:32:03 am »

Well, tonight was interesting. MEM got angry because I needed to lock him (and actually everyone) out of my homeworld to do some repairs on the station, and apparently shot at something of mine. I have no idea what it was, but that provoked the automatic war declaration response, which resulted in every turret in range (a damn lot of 'em) opening fire on him.

It was actually pretty damn hilarious to watch, but unfortunately by the time I realized they were firing his ship was already overheating and he was running around the surface playing dodge-laser, which he was pretty good at. Not so good at dodge-missile, though. The war eventually ended without further casualty and he came back. His ship was still partially there, if looking a little worse for wear.

I never did remember to open the doors again, though. I should do that when I get on tomorrow night. Or
maybe glloyd could?

Oh, and a reminder to Glloyd: I added 256 shield blocks to the Vesperia, so she should have sufficient shielding to hang on in case more violence erupts and a few shots go her way. Still definitely not going to last if intentionally attacked, though.

MEM saying it was pretty funny.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 09, 2013, 06:22:20 am »

Hey, if anybody finds themselves in sector -5, -7, -3, could they help me rescue Big Moma by bringing it to sector -5, -5, -5?

I cant enter the sector that it's in without getting teleported 10 sectors away in a random direction.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 09, 2013, 06:34:07 am »

Two things; one, how do you check who is online and two, is there a limit on the range of chat?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 09, 2013, 06:38:36 am »

Tab shows logged in players, and no, there's no limit.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 09, 2013, 06:47:46 am »

Cool. Also, I have claimed a planet as my own. There is a desert planet at sector (8,-3,6) with a large expanse of flat ground. THAT IS MY PLANET NOW. I built the landing strip and I'm building myself a castle!

EDIT: For easy recognisation, I carved my name into the bottom of the planet.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 07:08:55 am by Gamerlord »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 181