Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325505 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AM cannons and dumb missiles, at least. Dumb missile turrets would probably do you good against capitol ships once their shields can be lowered.

Problem is that a Capital ship isn't slower or lacks acceleration, it just cannot turn as well.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Yeah, the guy that makes this should re-balance speed next, now he's done shields.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AM cannons and dumb missiles, at least. Dumb missile turrets would probably do you good against capitol ships once their shields can be lowered.

Problem is that a Capital ship isn't slower or lacks acceleration, it just cannot turn as well.

But why should it? Acceleration is basically thrust divided by mass, as long as that fraction is the same, acceleration is the same.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But why should it? Acceleration is basically thrust divided by mass, as long as that fraction is the same, acceleration is the same.
Game balance.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Capital ships can have tons of turrets, they don't need to be able to spin on a dime like light fighters. Of course, if there's some kind of inertial compensator, then sure, whatever.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Problem with turrets: can't leave them off or the pirates will get you. Can't leave them on when you're stationing your ship next to something important, either - because they'll shoot at pirates that fly behind the something.

Also. The pirate AI should perhaps look into its priorities.

I've had some raids happen against me. Probably a station nearby that I should look into, but that's not the problem. They staged raids against my planet. I.e. they were ignoring the little flitter inside the dock and the corvette/light cruiser that was shooting at them with its turrets, and were making strafing runs against the planet itself. The building block I placed to facilitate construction probably had something to do with it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But why should it? Acceleration is basically thrust divided by mass, as long as that fraction is the same, acceleration is the same

Structural integrity.

Because force doesn't travel instantaneously the more force that is required to move your ship the more force needs to travel through your ship.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile

Well, I just made a decent sized ring shaped ship. I'd upload pics, but I can't figure out where screenshots save. Anyway, I may upload it to the catalog and try out the server (I haven't tried multiplayer yet, because this is the first decent ship I've made.)
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Well, I just made a decent sized ring shaped ship. I'd upload pics, but I can't figure out where screenshots save. Anyway, I may upload it to the catalog and try out the server (I haven't tried multiplayer yet, because this is the first decent ship I've made.)

From my own explorations, the game keeps a number of files within "C:\Windows\System32\Starmade" For whatever reason that is. I believe screenshots are amongst those.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile

Apparently my graphics card is too archaic for this game. Shame.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

From my own explorations, the game keeps a number of files within "C:\Windows\System32\Starmade" For whatever reason that is. I believe screenshots are amongst those.

I found mine in the game's install directory. Maybe that directory in s32 is for the backup it claims to make while updating?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found mine in the game's install directory. Maybe that directory in s32 is for the backup it claims to make while updating?

No, the backups are zip archives in the Starmade folder (where the screenshots can also be found as .png). You can also use the printscreen key, or shift+printscreen and paste it into paint, then save it wherever you want as a .jpg.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile

Okay, found it! Although I'm not sure if this is the completely finished version, it's at least the hull. Hmmm. Now that I think about it, it looks a bit plain. May have to fix that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Add turrets on every single last free spot of space.
Use console commands like /give_credits and /give_all_items to build your ship, then import it to the catalog and buy it there. Much simpler than gathering all the materials by hand, and it's not cheating!

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would just add colours. Because it's a nice donut.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 181