Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37

Author Topic: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Really Turn 8!)  (Read 60869 times)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Turn 4!)
« Reply #300 on: June 29, 2013, 04:27:19 pm »

(( Thank you for standing as close as possible to one of my elite guards :) ))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2013, 05:04:27 pm »

((Sorry for lack of updates, busy with real life and taking care of my wife, will try to post an update if I can get time.

Nobody is dead yet, if you aren't there but your NPC buddy is, you can control them just like you would control yourself.

If you are not at the Court, you can still do some stuff, but keep in mind that while normal turns take about a whole day, these will only be the equivalent to about an hour, so it may take you some time to get across town.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 29, 2013, 09:16:13 pm »

Oh, OK.
My ally waits patiently where he can easily see the best view of the majority of the city, can overhear any whispered conversations, and/or see the people occupying the room best, in order of top priority first. Probably near a big window.

Hope whatever's going on with your life is going well, but by the sounds of things your wife's not feeling up to snuff. Hope she gets better, and you both pull through whatever's happening.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 29, 2013, 09:19:24 pm »

(( Uhm, how do you plan to hear whispers from across a massive room? It's a throne room it's probably bigger then your guild hall. ))
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 29, 2013, 09:21:03 pm »

((Through currently undefined sorcery? I dunno, I thought this was a smaller waiting hall. Meh, there's probably not any whispers anyways.))
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 29, 2013, 09:43:56 pm »

(( True, the only conversation has been 2 idiots arguing and me threatening them with yet to be seen results.

Also, damnit I hate being ill. ))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 09:49:42 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 01, 2013, 04:33:57 am »

Look about the room, evaluate the King's material state by the castle. Do so quietly. Also, make smalltalk.
You can tell that the castle is quite expensive, and well defended. You try to strike up small talk with a group of people.

Look about. Examine how the palace is laid out. Are there windows? Whst kind, big, small, narrow, etc? Essentially, examine everything about the room.
If room is found to not be up to Wizard standard, restrain self from torching place and compose myself before the king arrives.
Talk with no other guild leaders.

The place is rather large, being designed for holding large audiences. The tables and chairs have all been moved to the walls to allow free space in the center of the Court. It's not actually laid out like a court room, though, it's just a term the King likes to use for it.
The windows are large, but very high up, and you can tell even from this distance that they are reinforced. There aren't any runes on the walls like you're used to, but you can feel some sort of magical protection over the Castle, it's.... tolerable.
You slink away to a corner and refuse to be talked to.

Admire the castle's lavish furnishings to restore my Psyche.
Mingle with the Warrior representatives. Find out who they are and which gods they worship, and appraise their stats.

You take in the fine scenery, it helps to calm your mind. You try to talk to the Warriors, but you can't seem to find them anywhere, where have they gone?

Eye the assassins suspiciously. Anyone who kills for money after a string of crimes without a face to go with should not be trusted.
You give cold stares over at your rivals, you can't tell if they notice or not.

Eat food to regain vitality. Also, apologise to the captain of the guard for the commotion.
You eat some food, it's quite delicious. You give a sincere apology to the Captain of the Guard.

Regain some sanity, meet the king.
1,3,4. You drool on yourself.

Rant in my sleep, lowering his sanity a bit more.
You have strange dreams wherein you are shouting at Dansmithers in strange tongues.

Examine all the possible hiding spots and exits, careful to make sure one is close by. Then, meet with the King.
The dining tables against the walls are large enough to hide under, and have cloths covering them, the only exits are the one you came in, and the one on the far wall that you can't reach, and is used by the King to get to the raised section of the Court.

My ally waits patiently where he can easily see the best view of the majority of the city, can overhear any whispered conversations, and/or see the people occupying the room best, in order of top priority first. Probably near a big window.
The windows are rather ridiculously high up, and the only higher ground apart from standing on a table would be the raised section the King uses, and you can't reach that. Your ally try to be a creeper and listen into conversations.

You all hang out in the Dining Hall awaiting the King. After a while, he strolls up to his raised podium and sets down a rather large amount of paperwork, with an assistant by his side. Runes begin to float off of the papers in front of his eyes as he analyzes the information.
"All right, let's see who's here...
Cartographers' Guild, Yep.
Warriors'. where are the Warriors? I thought you said they were just here a minute ago? Tell me if they show up again, will you, Chester?
Fighters', it seems that their Leader had to dragged here after a fight with a Paladin? If you two don't find a better way to sort out your problems, I'll have a personal platoon of the Guard watching you, fighting in the streets doesn't exactly give us a very good image, now does it?
Oh, speaking of the Paladins, the same goes for you, however, it seems that one of you has started a fundraiser toward a new.... production factory? Or something? Anyway, I congratulate you on your cooperation with the Assassins on that, I'll keep that in mind."
The King looks up from his papers for a minute.
"All right, I'm not sure what has been going on with all of the fires on the South side, but somebody is really starting to get on my bad side. And I've been hearing rumors about some sort of love notes from miss Johnson of the Rouges? I don't know what's going on down there, but I expect it to stop. I want the Rouges Guild to find me some evidence that they weren't involved in the fires, or I'll hold them responsible for it. I'm also assigning a small section of the Guard to investigate, I expect full cooperation on the part of the resident Guilds there. Particularly from the Rouges.
The Assassins, you're here, again, I appreciate your combined effort with the Paladins. Other than that, you seem to be acting rather civil, which seems rather ironic. I'll grant the Assassin's Guild 1 Pardon.
Warlocks', Warlocks...."
He sets down the papers again.
"Since neither of them can hear me..."
An assassin comes up to a guard and hands him a scroll, which is passed up to the King.
"What's this, some sort of communication device? Humf, they seem to be passed out on the floor. Figures.
Moving on. The Sorcerers'.... Where is your Guild Leader?"
The Sorcerers' Second in Command replies, "We're not entirely sure on that."
"Very well, hopefully he shows up, I'd suggest you take notes, particularly since that block of houses being blown up was his doing, no wonder you can't find him.
And finally, we have the Wizards. I don't have an ill report from you, well done. I'll grant the Wizard's Guild 1 Pardon."

The King begins to reassign his papers.

"Do we have an issues anyone would like to discuss before we continue? Any slight-of-mouth remarks you'd like to pass over to the Guard Captain? I'm sure she'd be happy to take them."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 01, 2013, 04:38:39 am »

((YES! You da bes.))

I have no complaints, the drakon wizard hissed in a sibilant tone.

Voice no complaints.
((Incidentally, what are pardons?))
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:45:48 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2013, 04:43:03 am »

"No issues, my liege."

Voice no complaints presently. That probably would not do any good anyway.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2013, 05:24:20 am »

Obok considered warning the King about That Crazy Kobold's threat, but decided against it. Criticizing Alexandria's performance in front of her boss was rarely a good idea.

"No issues, m'liege."

No complaints.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 01, 2013, 08:17:01 am »

"No, My king. I have no issues to report."
No issues.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2013, 08:25:08 am »

"I have a problem! I am a backstabbing cheating daughter of a whore and you know it! Why would I leave evidence that I did a crime that puts me at odds with my neighbors?"

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 01, 2013, 08:27:33 am »

While Oreo is at the meeting i would like to browse the newspaoer classifieds for a pet dragon or an airship of sorts. Oh, and I want a magic weasel

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 01, 2013, 09:24:25 am »

"He did not ask for excuses rouge, find him evidence you weren't involved or I will most certainly find evidence that you were, if I should find such evidence first then your head will be mounted above the gates. Got it? Good, I suggest you get to work.
Now it never would.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 01, 2013, 09:27:45 am »

"That still doesn't answer the question. Why would I attack my current ally? It seems a little fishy to me that I'm being singled out when the act in question is no where near my style."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37