Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: You are a Lord II - OOC  (Read 30397 times)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lord II - OOC
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2013, 06:31:54 am »

I know that lol, but a set of black leather armour, 2 combat knives, a set of throwing knives and a crossbow is not cheap, I need to know how much it would cost per blade or per 5 blades, no use recruiting blades that I can't afford to arm.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 17, 2013, 01:34:52 pm »

I know that lol, but a set of black leather armour, 2 combat knives, a set of throwing knives and a crossbow is not cheap, I need to know how much it would cost per blade or per 5 blades, no use recruiting blades that I can't afford to arm.

I think Iituem will repeat me here, but I hope that we won't need more than money and men in our calculations. Everything else will be RtD and on need to know basis. Lets keep this as manageable as possible.

The Treasury allows for X blades (which at the moment is about 40) and ancillary support for a spy network within Meridia, at a budget of £10 p.a.  If blades die, they can be replaced with time under that budget.  Increasing the number of blades and power of the network will require more money.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 17, 2013, 01:54:47 pm »

So, do I just make up the records or is there somethings I should know?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 17, 2013, 02:17:03 pm »

So, do I just make up the records or is there somethings I should know?

Assuming you are interested in medical records of PCs, it would be fun if you had a record of everyone's ails and condition. I can roll some dice for everyone and you can make up a condition, but that would be forcing things on people. Unless someone consents and wants to be described or sends you a description, not much else can be done. I will roll a die and send you a PM, then you can make up King's record. I will leave it up to you, but it will be a secret ( that can be traded or withheld of course! If NPC royal family appears, you will have oversight over their condition too.)

For now, Arcadius appears to be a young, fit, and of good stature, with a rather tall and lean figure but not thin. He keeps short wavy hair and a small beard. He has Green eyes and dark blonde hair.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 17, 2013, 02:18:37 pm »

Okay. HEAR THAT GUYS I GET TO MAKE MEDICAL RECORDS LIKE A REAL DOCTOR!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 17, 2013, 02:23:55 pm »

Just to be clear: the only troops trained and upgraded are those of the royal demesne. The earl's levies can remain peasants for all we care.

How many troops can the royal demesne field, anyway?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 17, 2013, 02:32:25 pm »

300, the demesne takes its full levy.  The Earls can respectively field 750 each; their armies are weak, but their population is much more war-ready.  The King is only entitled to a fifth of the levy, though; the rest is retained for defense.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2013, 02:40:30 pm »

First the ancestors, now the peasantry. My god, what foul evil is at work here? Meridia is growing hollow, gentlemen, losing its soul. I suspect Westerling sorcery.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2013, 02:42:47 pm »

No, that's just what happens when you complain about the check up.
Also the kings current health report.
Spoiler: Medical notes. (click to show/hide)
If anybody else wants me to write them a medical report roll 2d6 and PM me the results and a general description of any out standing features or diseases.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:50:01 pm by kj1225 »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2013, 06:10:30 pm »

Richard Mcgrieve the third is an extremely wealthy man from a far away kingdom. At the age of 18 he set out to explore with a large inheritance in his pockets. after months of travel he found that the money he had with him was not going to last quite as long as he had intended and so decided to invest it in a small business in the town he was staying.
Several months later he left with a substantially larger amount of money after finding that he was extremely skilled at making business associates.
For years afterwards he made his way from town to town across one nation after another making more and more money in each and coming away with business contacts in every conceivable industry.

Having just arrived in Meridia with an enormous wagon piled with chests of money and all sorts of treasures with a small but extremely well armed group of cavalry guarding it Richard had decided to take advantage of the struggling kingdoms need for cash to once more increase his own wealth.

(( In short, incredibly rich. Has contacts in the vast majority of industries, has a small but powerful mounted guard to protect him and his money. ))

Richard McGrieve: Your sole talent is Finance; you can find new and interesting ways of making money.  To help with that, though, you have acquired over your many years a total of £40 in various treasures.  Having sold up all of your other assets, this is all you have.

(The cavalry detachment is not significant for military purposes, but does provide a legitimate threat to people trying to rob you.)

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2013, 06:12:46 pm »

Works for me I think, does the new and interesting ways include contacting business owners I've worked with in the past?

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2013, 06:13:51 pm »

Iituem, to clarify by infrastructure I mean roads and bridges leading in and out of the forest. This is meant to improve the economy because the forest is the lifeblood of the city, and the faster it is to transport goods, the more goods can be made.

Would you mind a short visit from me related to investments, Richard McGrieve?
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2013, 06:16:44 pm »

By all means, but don't count on getting money this early I need to meet a lot of people before I start deciding what to do with the money.

I also have 1 question, do we hire a commander in the same fashion as training soldiers? One or two of my potential ventures will require guarding, I plan to look into groups of mercenaries anyway but it might turn out to be cheaper to train my own men so I'll need a commander to reduce the cost and to allow for higher quality men.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:35:32 pm by Brood »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 17, 2013, 09:44:57 pm »

Uhm GWG, the blades left already without you.
You can either catch up to the 5 on the road or take the trip alone. That's your choices, since the king as much as said I'm within my rights to send more men for other tasks you have no choice in the matter and the other 10 should be hidden so you won't even know they are around.
If the rolls go well you'll never know your guard was 3x the size it should of been.
Again...it's from the issues of managing things and coordination. And not being aware of how and when time is passing. And internet issues.
And the GM seems not to agree. (Especially since he seemed to have posted my arrival before you had your Blades wander on ahead--does that mean I went ahead of them?)

Anyways, I'm going to have intermittent internet access, so time is going to be getting even more wonky.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:02:28 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2013, 12:42:29 am »

By all means, but don't count on getting money this early I need to meet a lot of people before I start deciding what to do with the money.

I also have 1 question, do we hire a commander in the same fashion as training soldiers? One or two of my potential ventures will require guarding, I plan to look into groups of mercenaries anyway but it might turn out to be cheaper to train my own men so I'll need a commander to reduce the cost and to allow for higher quality men.

You arrived in the kingdom, but I haven't seen you in the court yet. Unless you are planning to stay away from court, but that migh things difficult in certain situations. Otherwise you are free to act and I will roll for you.

My bad, I posted before I read your action.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:44:30 am by Ardas »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26