Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread  (Read 10565 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2013, 12:51:56 pm »

<AWAY FROM THE GRETCHEN GIRL. SHE HAS NOT MOVED.>
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2013, 12:58:50 pm »

"Got it."

Run
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2013, 03:08:50 pm »

"Um...is this supposed to happen?"

Request the GM to narrate what I see. Hope RL doesn't interrupt me again.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2013, 03:20:42 pm »

Lyuda didn't have to be told this twice.

Run like hell away from Gretchen. Put three rooms between self and her at the very least, stand in a doorframe.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2013, 07:00:54 pm »

"Um...is this supposed to happen?"

Request the GM to narrate what I see. Hope RL doesn't interrupt me again.

The insects devour the creature, a bloody, painful mess of swarming, bubbling chaos, the insects tearing chunks off of the creature. It attempts to swat them away, only for those which still contact it to swarm over its arms, devouring them as well.

Within moments, there's not a single scrap of it left.

The world loses that strange, paint-like filter it had had up until this very moment.

And then you feel something... wrong. Something very, very wrong. You scream as intense, world-erasing pain rushes through your system, a crackling numbus of multicolored energy erupting around you, rushing out, consuming all it touches...

Lyuda didn't have to be told this twice.

Run like hell away from Gretchen. Put three rooms between self and her at the very least, stand in a doorframe.

"Got it."

Run

The two of you book it, rushing off away from the sounds of battle.

Then you hear an explosion.

You run faster, the heat of the energy burning on your backs as you just barely manage to get out of ground zero before you would have inevitably been destroyed, bracing yourselves in a doorway as the building partially collapses around you. In the chaos, you are both stricken with debris, falling unconcious.

Claire, Lyuda: Apply your magical stats and elements and such now. You gained them in a dream, which you may feel free to describe. The only requirements are that Fairy would bring you to a realm of endless green light in all directions, softly glowing, and the Tall Man always brings you to a dark forest filled with mist on a moonless night.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2013, 04:40:01 pm »

Clair got to her feet and looked around at a foggy forest "What the hell?" a puff of air on her neck cause her to look behind her.

<Let begin shall we, little dragon. Eight pages, don't get caught by me.>

Clair ran, claws raking.
'First page! A child's drawing of a moon?' Clair ducked the claws. Guardian
'Second one, three sparks?' A tentacle missed her heart. 3 magic
'Third! 8 red hearts!' She rolled away. 8 Heart
'Forth! 7 fists!' 7 fury
'Fifth! Fire, I think!' Element: fire
'Sixth! A stickman defending another.' Finish move: Will of the Protector
'Seventh! A stickman loses an arm then regain it. That or the second stickman arm glows.' Magical Effects: Regeneration
'Eighth! A stickman with broken weapons laying around him.' Magical Effects: I Shall Never Fall!' Clair stops.

The tall man appear <Well done, you earn it. Accept your power.> The pages glow and catch fire consuming Clair. The flames peter out, reveling Clair in strange armour.

Steel grey with red trim plate armour with wings made of a limb of steel and a menbrain of fire coming out her back for each of them. Her helm seem to be a horned dragon head with her face seeable out of it mouth. A flexable steel tail waves behind her and in her hands is a broadsword with little wings as the hilt and a coffin shield with a picture of a dragon in flight.

<Now it time to wake up, little dragon.>

((Am I missing anything?)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:53:05 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2013, 06:59:42 pm »

Lyuda found herself in a realm of... green, oddly enough. Green light as far as the eye can see. And... trees, maybe? Or shadows? It was difficult to tell.

"<O-oh... you are here...>" comes the fairy's voice from somewhere. "<That's... um... good.>"

"<Where am I?>"

The fairy's voice becomes slightly more confident in a moment.

"<You're dreaming, silly! But this isn't... well... an ordinary dream, let's say. It's a very special dream. You've come to my realm!>"

"<Do fairies rule over dreams?>"

"<Not all of them! But I'm, um... special. A special fairy.>"

"<How so?>"

"<Unlike most fairies, who grant dreams and walk in them, I fulfill them.>"

"<Really?>" Lyuda asked of the still-invisible creature.

"<Yes, dear! And I can fulfill yours as well, should you wish!>"

Hm. Maybe she should test the limits of this whole thing.

"<Can you make it so that I reincarnate forever, but retain my memories?>"

"<Um... sure. But you'll have to do something for me, yes?>"

"<What's the alternative?>"

"<I leave, and you... uh... not sure how to put this... you're buried under rubble. In the middle of the night. Your flesh is... broken, to say the least.>"

"<So I either get a wish or die?>"

"<Uhm... well... yes. In a word, yes.>"

"<I think I will choose life over death.>"

"<I was hoping you would, yes.>"

"<So, what happens now?>"

"<Now we show you how to... erm... take care of yourself, yes. Your flesh is good enough for a mortal, but... well... it won't be good enough to defend against beasts.>"

"<I suppose that's correct, yes.>"

"<So we will teach you its secrets. Show you the way of bending oneself.>"

"<Wait, who's we?>"

"<I... and my... uhm... friends? Brothers? Selves? Difficult to explain. Um... I'd advise you to relax.>"

"<Why?>"

"<This may... sting.>"

The green light dims, and an inhuman howl comes from all around Lyuda, followed by another. The lantern darkens with every second until it extinguishes itself completely, leaving Lyuda in the dark. For the next moment, she wonders what will happen to her. Then the creatures come. They tear at her flesh, causing immense agony, separate it from bone, siphon out her blood and order her bits into neat piles. Then they perform a complete reversal in direction, putting her back together at once. She tries to scream out at them, but the claws of the things set upon her, tearing her into pieces once more, then put her back together, albeit she can't help but feel that they've changed something in her design.

Five times later, it doesn't hurt any less. However, she becomes a bit detached from the experience as it repeats.

After thirteen times, she feels completely at ease. The pain is there, but it holds no meaning. It is only flesh, after all. Mutability is in its nature. And pain is something you can get used to, she would say. Especially the repeated kind.

Eventually, the darkness abates, the area flooding with green light once more, and the creatures seemingly retreat, frightened off by its emergence.

"<I'm... sorry for what I did,>" says the returning voice of the fairy.

"<Why did you do it?>" Lyuda asks. She feels she should be angrier at this, but... she doesn't feel up to it somehow. The experience has drained her, changed her.

"<Well... to teach you about mutability. You are mutable. You aren't... what you were anymore. Look at yourself.>"

Lyuda looks down at her body. It no longer resembles anything even vaguely human. Or anything animal-like. It's just a mass of disjointed flesh, put together with no rhyme or reason. Once again, she wonders why this doesn't bother her more.

"<Is this your gift to me?>"

"<No. It's actually... um... well... maybe I had better explain. You can be whatever you want, Lyuda. The flesh is no limit, yes? Try to be something else.>"

That's a strange thing. Be somebody else? Something else? Why? She'd just like to be herself, to be perfectly-

Wait, she's shifting. Quickly reattaining humanlike proportions. Familiar features. She is herself once more.

"<You now have a weapon. Yourself.>"

"<I... see.>"

"<You can be anything. You just need to... uh... wish it. And you can... erm... wish it for others as well, yes?>"

"<So, what happens now?>"

"<You shall be our... representative. Carrier of the green sign of the fairy queen. Serve us well, and don't let the... um... nightmares get out, yes?>"

As the fairy speaks, the green light becomes more intense to the point of nearly blinding the poor girl. The dream fades, and she begins to return to consciousness once more.

Spoiler: Relevant Stats (click to show/hide)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2013, 07:08:23 pm »

Full turn will come later, but:

Claire has gained a Title: Daughter of the Dragon.

Lyuda has gained a Title: Avatar of the Wild Hunt.

Gretchen has gained a Title: Will of the Swarm.

And so ends the prologue!

I'll start writing a turn in a moment.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2013, 07:25:53 pm »

A man in a golden suit stands at a table, leaning upon it. This was not his true form, but that was not the purpose of this meeting. eyes blazing like chips of sunlight gaze down at the table, a game-board in the shape of a city, looking down at the Dragon-lines passing throughout it.

"The Fae, Luna? You know how fickle they are. You made a deal with them?"

"She is my creature, I assure you that. You need not worry. In the end, it is my power that grants her her abilities, they only provide the... form that they take."

A woman, silver of eye and hair, eyes shining like moonlight, leans across the table toward him, smiling softly.

There were five more with them, sisters, it seems, five of them. Each of their eyes blazes a different color, like a rainbow personified in them.

"She certainly acts like one of your Chosen, Luna. And I find it amusing that the Sun's Chosen bears such a striking resemblance to his former Champions. Fire was always one of his favorite creations."

"Oddly enough, your Chosen seems to have an affinity to insects. Amusing, given your favorite pets."

"The battle will begin soon. We should set to it... we do not know how the Infernals will act, and have precious little knowledge of their new champions... Will they fight with their brothers, or against them?"

The Divines look down on the city, planning their next move and looking over their new Champions. And in the ruins, something stirs...

""Hey. Hey, layabouts! Get the FUCK up! Can't have you all still passed out when the normals get here, or shit'll be going tits-up fast, so WAKE THE FUCK UP!"

The girls feel themselves being dug out of the rubble by... something, something too strong to be human, but too soft to be a machine. They get... flashes, of a girl, no older than they, in black armor covered in symbols and leaking emerald fire, her face covered by a mask of dark metal.

When they finally come to, they're in what looks like a sitting room, draped on a couch, each of them having reverted to their normal forms while they were out. A girl was sitting in a recliner in front of them, hands in her lap, green eyes narrowed.

"So. You're awake. Good. Got names?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2013, 07:31:22 pm »

"I'm Gretchen. Who are you?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2013, 07:36:50 pm »

Neutral.

She stands up, arms crossing, and begins pacing the room.

"I saved you because if the normals found you, they'd have all sorts of shit happen that I didn't want to happen. Least of which being that, worst-case, you break the whole can of worms wide open, and I don't get to have my little secret anymore.

Even worse case, I suppose, you go and die, and the Youma consume everything. Which my... benefactor isn't too keen on. Revenge against the Gods, yes. But he'd prefer to rule than to destroy everything.

So I'm neutral.

You can call me Emerald Flames of Dominion.

Or Diana, if you insist on using my human name."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2013, 07:42:07 pm »

"Alright...what are the Youma?"
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2013, 07:46:42 pm »

She chuckles a bit, shaking her head.

"That would be that creature you killed tonight, for one. There are many of them... Twenty-Six that you have to worry about. Or more, possibly. Depends on... well. Anyway, they're your enemies, and that's all you need to know. You kill them, save the city, save the world, so on and so forth. You don't, they consume everything and it all ends like it never was in the first place."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2013, 07:47:42 pm »

"Gee, tough choice," Gretchen snarked. "How do I find them and how soon do I have to kill them?"
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2013, 07:50:01 pm »

"First one's easy. Run toward the screams and reality bending. Second... not so much. We don't know. Could be weeks. Could be years. Could be days."

((Also, Gretchen, take a point of Strain on one of your relationships because you got a Burst.))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14