Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread  (Read 10556 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2013, 08:35:42 pm »

{{Updated}}
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2013, 08:38:10 pm »

Gretchen tries to twist out of the way!

Normal defense!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2013, 08:42:07 pm »

Gretchen tries to twist out of the way!

Normal defense!

Gretchen attempts to twist out of the way...

[8+7=15]

Spend Overcharge?
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2013, 08:47:28 pm »

Let's go with yes. ((I'm imagining Gretchen isn't even really aware of what she's doing with the Overcharge.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2013, 08:53:11 pm »

Let's go with yes. ((I'm imagining Gretchen isn't even really aware of what she's doing with the Overcharge.))

((She'd know how to use it, but mostly instinctively, the same way she got that random knowledge.))

Gretchen feels a wave of rage rush through her as she twists out of the way of the attack. Rage at the creature for attacking her, for herself to be so careless as to almost be hit, and even rage toward the bystanders nearby for not fucking running. [+5+1 SUCCESS] This anger giving her a boost somehow, she manages to twist herself out of the way of the attack!

TURN 5: ONE TURN REMAINS!

Almost as soon as the claw swings wide, however, the creature spins around once more, another jet of that acrid turpentine jetting out of its mouth!

[3+4=7 (FAIL)]

But it goes wide, not getting anywhere near Gretchen.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2013, 08:59:51 pm »

((Instinct? Doesn't sound like something she's consciously aware of...))

Gretchen sprang back up after her almost Matrixy dodge. She smacked a random icon on her computer (which would later lead to her being glad that it was made of metal) and gasped as she saw a number of spiders crawl out of her arm and sort of meld with it, giving her a spider for a hand. She shrieked a bit and smacked the creature. Instinctively, the fangs contracted, injecting venom.

Attack.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2013, 09:04:24 pm »

(( XDDD Gold you are glorious.))

[6+1+3+6=16 (SUCCESS! [one magic OC for Gretchen])]

The spider lashes out at the creature, hissing viciously!

[6+5+4+5(1pp)=20(BLOCK!)]

Overcharge?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2013, 09:19:53 pm »

Although I'm a bit worried about what happens after this battle, Yes.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2013, 09:27:53 pm »

16+2=18 (again? Good lord your luck sucks.)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 09:35:14 pm by ragnarok97071 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2013, 09:31:35 pm »

Yes.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2013, 09:42:47 pm »

6+1+2=9+18=27 (SUCCESS!)

The Youma applies another Power Point!

20+3=23

And another!

23+1=24

After a mighty struggle between the opponents, Gretchen's blow strikes true!

5+4=9

The creature staggers back from the vicious blow, screeching loudly!

FINAL TURN.

Oh, and Gretchen's current tally is 2 Fury Overcharge and 5 Magic overcharge.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 09:44:38 pm by ragnarok97071 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2013, 09:48:31 pm »

With a second's respite, Gretchen attempts to figure out what the next icon she taps does. She tries to type in a command, which is a bit more difficult than anticipated because she has a spider for her typing hand. And the monster isn't helping any.
When the command is typed in, the world seems to freeze for a moment, save the laptop (which is interpreting slightly garbled commands and heating up uncomfortably). Gretchen is convinced that she just discovered a (ha ha) bug in the system when the world starts moving.
Her hand is back to normal...but a tear in her skin appears, between index and middle fingers. The tear spreads up her arm, unleashing a hail of all sorts of bugs, biting and stinging and running into the monster, ripping off the outer husk or whatever it is of her arm. Gretchen screams, in horror, fear, and the realization that this should be hurting. As the burst ended, more bugs crawled out of the hole in Gretchen left by the removal of the arm, before reforming into what looks like Gretchen's arm, but that she's assuming is not...

Attack.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2013, 10:02:50 pm »

((... that sounds suspiciously like that SHOULD be the callout for your Grand Barrage.

No seriously I was REALLY kinda hoping for that XD Oh well. ONWARD! Also, FORT SAVES ALL AROUND!))

[3+7, 9+3 (FAIL) Claire and Lyudmila, if they're still watching, find themselves unable to contain the contents of their stomach under the onslaught of disturbing imagery coming from Gretchen.]

Meanwhile, the Youma makes one last attempt at a counterattack as the swarm rushes toward him! (CLASH!) <Going to waive his attack for this round. BEAM OF WAR.>

Gretchen: 6+1+4+6=17
Youma: 5+1+4+1+1+5(3pp)=17

Well fuck.

Wanna take a seventh point of Magic Overcharge to possibly kill the FUCK out of this guy?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2013, 10:06:24 pm »

((I can use the Grand Barrage any time?

...Can I do that instead or would that require rerolling everything?))
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2013, 10:10:03 pm »

((I can use the Grand Barrage any time?

...Can I do that instead or would that require rerolling everything?))

((Once a fight. and it would require I rewrite the whole turn, actually, since they're unclashable, but I'll allow it. You're still using the same rolls, though, and you'll still either need to drop your damage bonus or take the OD to hit.

... Scratch that, you'd need to possibly take more than one.

At which point... well, eight Overcharge in magic means that you explode into a nimbus the size of a house.

So yeah, abusing the fact that he only has a 4 in his attack stat right now is probably a good idea.))
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:13:16 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14