Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread  (Read 10553 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2013, 09:53:58 pm »

"Hmm. Well, I suppose that makes two times, yes. Though the Nightmare Field is more a distortion of your dimension than a different one altogether. As for what to do, follow me, of course."

The creature leads her up to a higher platform, and upon stepping on it, she'd find herself surrounded by a chaotic whorl of energies. at three points in the circle which form an equillateral triangle, three symbols are formed in the stained glass. To the north, at the zenith of the triangle, is the image of a sun. The two below it depict a moon and stars. Each symbol glows with color, the sun a brilliant gold, the moon a shining silver, and the stars with a chaotic swirl of colors, not unlike that of a rainbow.

"Here you will choose what type of warrior you will become. There are three, but all are one, singular thing, one which I am rather sure you are already aware of.

Tell me, have you ever heard of Magical Girls?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2013, 09:57:10 pm »

"Um...I think I read about them on TV Tropes or something..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2013, 10:07:56 pm »

"How woefully ill-informed. I had assumed that all human females of your age had seen some sort of media about them. To present it very simply: Enter one of these circles, and you will gain power. The power to defend yourself, to fight back, to do wondrous and amazing things. And all of it for but one, simple cost. Trivial, really.

Accept this power, and you can never turn back. You will be changed at the level of your soul, and you will never again be merely human.

You will be a conduit for the power of the Gods, an instrument of their will to protect the humans from what they cannot protect themselves from.

For the purposes of this, each of the Incarnae have prepared a gift which you may take up.

First, is the gift of the Sun. From the sun, you can claim the power of the righteous sword, the power to destroy that which stands against you.

From the Moon, you may gain the power to withstand mighty assaults, to survive in the harshest conditions imaginable.

And from the Stars, you may gain the power of the mind, of strategy and tactics, and of ancient and powerful magical knowledge.

Choose wisely, Gretchen Wagner Gardener.

Once the choice is made, there is no turning back."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2013, 10:22:52 pm »

"Easy. Which is the Stars circle?"

Enter whichever one is the Stars circle.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2013, 10:28:14 pm »

"That would be the one with the stars in the design at its base. You're really not that bright, are you?"

As soon as Gretchen steps into the circle, she'd experience something like... serenity, for a moment.

She'd see... no, feel the strands and flows of Fate around her, stretching into infinity...

And then she returns to herself, still aware of Fate in the corner of her perception... but it was not so consuming now.

After the haze of Sight clears from her mind, she'd find herself in what appears to be an armory the size of a small nation, filled with weapons of every concievable shape and size.

Any weapon she could imagine could be found here... and she would find the one she sought almost immediately.

((Now's when you put the rest of the information on your profile, including a (Preferrably) detailed description of your weapon and armor.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2013, 11:05:00 pm »

"It's always good to check. After all, the sun is a star...and can I really trust that your artistic tendencies are the same as those of humanity?"

THEN step into the circle.

-----

((And uh...I hadn't realized that I'd be choosing that. I assumed the GM would randomly generate it or something. I'll...get to work? Well, I can start here...assuming it's okay.))
Gretchen looked along the armory. What is the most potent creation of mankind? Knowledge, passed from generation to generation. What is the most potent manner to do so? The Internet, which connects billions (hundreds of millions?) of people together and can send information around the world at as near the speed of light as the machines at each end can manage. What is the best way to connect to  the internet? A computer, ideally a laptop with wi-fi.
This armory had an...interesting computer. It was much like a roughly ovoid laptop, seemingly made of some kind of steel or something and with a strap on the underside. As Gretchen approached, she noted that it had a vague design of what seemed to be stylized arthropods along the casing. As she grabbed it, she noted that the laptop, despite the fact that it should weigh several pounds, was light...light enough to wear easily on her arm? So it seemed.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2013, 08:43:51 am »

Gretchen decided to put this laptop on her arm, surprised to see that it worked. She opened it, and it promptly started up. She looked at the various icons on the screen--aside from the normal ones, there were a few off to one side with insectoid icons and names like "Thaumatological Analysis" and "Summon Arthropod Swarm". Selecting one labeled "Transformation," Gretchen felt a strange itching sensation inside of her. She watched as a number of some sort of insect crawled out of and over her, coating her with a coating of these tiny vermin. She felt them crawling inside of her, too. Naturally, Gretchen screamed.

Less than a minute later, it was over. She was now dressed in a blue-and-black dress, and while she still felt the insects crawling inside of her a bit, they weren't restless or anything. She stood up.
"...Now what?"

((I just realized how horrifying this could be as I was typing it. So I decided, why not?))
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2013, 07:13:39 pm »

The creature pads up next to her, and the armory seems to vanish just as quickly as it appeared, the girl finding herself back on that first platform, the creature still next to her.

"I suppose that my assessment of you was correct. Most humans would not have pulled that out of their subconscious, let alone with such power. In fact, I was under the impression that humans found such creatures revolting. Good to know. There is only one thing for you before you return... A message."

Moments later, the creature had vanished, and surrounding her were five women. They all seemed similar, sisters, so close that they might even be twins, each with an astrological symbol glowing at their feet, and several constellations surrounding them, glimmering and glowing with light.

She knew them... those constellations, as if she'd been taught them her whole life, though she's sure she's never seen them before.

Five maidens, and behind each maiden five constellations.

The first bore the Captain, the Gull, the Mast, the Messenger, and the Wheel.
The second, the Ewer, Lovers, Musician, Peacock, and Pillar.
Upon the brow of the third rest the Banner, Gauntlet, Quiver, Shield, and Spear.
The fourth holds the Guardians, the Key, the Mask, the Sorcerer, and the Trove.
And finally, the grim fifth sister holds Corpse, Crow, Hay-wain, Smoke, and Sword.

Journeys and Serenity, Battles and Secrets, and grim, peaceful Endings stand around her, silent.

The fourth sister gestures to the edge of the platform upon which they stand, and there stands a great Loom, swarming with spiders, scuttling and weaving, ever onward... and as she gazes into it, she sees that which must be.

She sees a war.

She sees a secret, bloody, deadly war, with the sake of the world itself on the line.

She sees her own face, and that of others, hundreds, thousands of warriors fighting against these creatures...

Twenty-two were numbered the creatures that she beheld.

Fool, Magician, Priestess, Empress, Emperer, Heirophant, Lovers, Chariot, Strength, Hermit, Wheel, Justice, Hanged Man, Death, Temperance, Devil, Tower, Star, Moon, Sun, and Judgement stood in combat, fighting, bloody, horrible combat against those like her.

Many fell to those creatures.

But she sees through the cracks of time, and she sees hope.

In so many worlds, they die. They suffer, they perish, and the world is consumed, never to return.

But in a few... so very few, they fight back the darkness, drive it from the world, and usher in a new age, a golden age of peace and prosperity.

They speak to her, Five voices in unison, in perfect harmony.

"Fight. For if you do not, the world shall surely perish."

The Loom wavers, and becomes a door, large and sturdy, of dark, dark wood.

The Maidens are gone.

The creature stands with her.

All around her, silence, the night...

And the door, silently beckoning.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:28:26 pm by ragnarok97071 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2013, 07:24:28 pm »

"...Wow. And, uh...wow. This is...a lot to take in. Will I be able to contact you, or someone like you, later?"
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2013, 07:29:09 pm »

"Of course. I will be staying with you from now on, naturally, to keep watch on you. We had best hurry back."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2013, 07:36:25 pm »

"Sounds like a good idea. Do I go through that door?"
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2013, 07:38:34 pm »

"I assumed you could guess as much." It paces forward, pushing open the door with its head and walking through. Through the crack, Gretchen can see the room she had left the other two girls in, frozen in time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2013, 07:45:04 pm »

"Always good to check. I don't think that the obvious result of 'big laptop' was 'insects start eating me' or whatever that was."

Head through the door.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2013, 07:53:45 pm »

Gretchen steps through the door...

The creature lunges at Gretchen, its claw inches from her neck, seeming about to claim her life, when her body suddenly erupts with a buzzing roar, an eruption of rainbow-colored energy pours out of her. The energy is bright, but not so much that the girls can't see through it, glimpses of insects, bugs of all shapes and sizes, crawling out of her mouth, her ears, her nose, every oriface they could find, coating her body in crawling, writhing masses for a moment before she appears once more, in her full glory, ready for battle.

Lyudmila, Claire: [ROLL Fortitude DIFF 10: 3, 7: 15/13 PASS]: You manage to hold your lunch, Claire only barely, Lyuda managing, in an uncharacteristic show of fortitude, to not even show the slightest revulsion to the sight.

"You seem to have powers over insects, Gretchen. You should use them to fight this Youma. If you don't, your friends will likely die. I will attempt to get some of my fellow Tsukaima to help them, but you will need to hold the creature off until then."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2013, 08:08:56 pm »

Okay, so that just happened. That girl just vomited insects and rainbows. With her whole body.

Lyuda stands for a moment, caught up in the surreal quality of it all. It actually seems pretty cool to her for a moment, before she realizes that even if all of this isn't really happening, she'd rather not find out by getting eviscerated.

Let bug-girl take care of this, stay well away from any action at this point.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14