Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 324

Author Topic: Gaming Pet Peeves  (Read 519190 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Pet Peeves
« Reply #4305 on: April 13, 2017, 12:53:52 am »

That complaint I can understand as well.

There's a distinct difference between diminished success and session-ruining failure.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: April 13, 2017, 08:30:22 am »

An annoyance of mine is games that feature rigid armour like a cuirass which warps and bends due to animations. Mostly around the waist and shoulders though sometimes the whole plate can bend due to, say, an arm pulling back for a sword swing.

As a related aside, I dislike the skin-tight armour in World of Warcraft. Chest armour and leggings are like tight shirts and pants and it was one of the reasons I liked Warhammer Online. The armour there was bulky and gave more mass to my Chaos Chosen.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: April 13, 2017, 10:42:22 am »

I've seen character's legs clip through the skirts they're wearing. (Granted, this was a Ubisoft game, so bullshit like that is to be expected.)

I've also seen a character's neck clip through said character's collar. (This was a Square Enix game, which is less acceptable.)

The bending armor is a relatively small thing in comparison.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: April 13, 2017, 12:04:44 pm »

When I first installed body replacers for Skyrim I ended up with very noticeable gaps between the wrists and neck of every character, where they joined to the clothes/armor mesh. There were also skin color issues making it look like Lydia went to a bad tanning salon.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: April 13, 2017, 12:07:32 pm »

When I first installed body replacers for Skyrim I ended up with very noticeable gaps between the wrists and neck of every character, where they joined to the clothes/armor mesh. There were also skin color issues making it look like Lydia went to a bad tanning salon.

Welcome to Sky's Rim: Legs and Derriere Edition.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: April 13, 2017, 12:10:25 pm »

Hey, I installed male replacers too. :P I just got tired of every NPC looking like a filthy murderhobo when the rest of Skyrim is so pretty.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: April 13, 2017, 08:15:21 pm »

Black Desert has it! Therefor we are lacking!

Look The Sims community... well... ok a segment of it... Black Desert is able to have such intense looks for their characters mostly because the faces and hair is not strongly moldable or mod-able.

THAT is why The Sims looks the way it does... and why Black Desert looks the way it does. So the whole adage still applies

Sure some people have managed to get some pretty interesting and divergent looks out of Black Desert, but they are still molding the same face (and in some of the cases... the developers... snuck something in there >_>)

---

So yes I hate when people complain that another game has a feature... but don't understand HOW they achieve it or WHY the current game doesn't have it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: April 13, 2017, 08:35:21 pm »

So yes I hate when people complain that another game has a feature... but don't understand HOW they achieve it or WHY the current game doesn't have it.

I don't know if it is worse if they have no idea just how hard or just how plain time consuming it is to program that stuff in with few glitches, or if they did know how difficult it is to do and still want it.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: April 13, 2017, 10:42:00 pm »

Often makes me think Gamers are really boring people... because they don't want games with their own merits... they want games with other game's merits.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: April 14, 2017, 02:21:59 am »

people in general mostly just want more of the things they already know rather than something new.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: April 15, 2017, 11:56:16 am »

Fucking Timers.

Looking at Dead Rising 2 as a prime example. It sucks all the enjoyment out of the game and just stresses me out in a way a videogame should not. Also fuck you developers, let me just play the game, don't force me to play it a certain pace.

EDIT: What makes it so bad, is that usually the game mechanics and the timer are so fucking at odds. Like Dead Rising, where all you want to do is kill zombies in fun, new ways, but it takes a long ass time to build weapons, explore and generally do missions when all I really want to be doing is slaying some putrid, green ass.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: April 15, 2017, 12:09:38 pm »

Fucking Timers.

Looking at Dead Rising 2 as a prime example. It sucks all the enjoyment out of the game and just stresses me out in a way a videogame should not. Also fuck you developers, let me just play the game, don't force me to play it a certain pace.

EDIT: What makes it so bad, is that usually the game mechanics and the timer are so fucking at odds. Like Dead Rising, where all you want to do is kill zombies in fun, new ways, but it takes a long ass time to build weapons, explore and generally do missions when all I really want to be doing is slaying some putrid, green ass.

Well they definitely took your side because Dead Rising 3's timers are extremely generous. To the point where I honestly thought they didn't move.

That AND Dead Rising also had a story track you could go on if you just wanted zombie killing fun and occasional people rescuing (requires you to fail a story mission though)... But it goes against gamer instinct to intentionally fail at anything :P (Then again it is REQUIRED for some of the achievements)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: April 15, 2017, 07:55:22 pm »

Timed missions in general have used to make me feel incredibly distressed, even if the time limit was very generous.
._.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: April 15, 2017, 08:26:41 pm »

The only timer you're really FORCED to follow are story missions and Katey's Zombrex.

I didn't really get that much trouble with those.

EDIT: Here's my own peeve:

Careless Cutscenes.

I just now saw a cutscene where Connor Kenway hooked onto a rope using a knife. Not a pointed knife either, just a knife.

That is all.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:30:18 pm by AzyWng »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: April 16, 2017, 12:24:41 am »

Timed missions in general have used to make me feel incredibly distressed, even if the time limit was very generous.

It is kind of why I tried so hard not to harp on it... because... This is the freeken pet peeve topic...

That and... I hate timers too, even if it improved a game... I'd still complain about it here.

Dead Rising just happens to be a game I never particularly minded it in... Probably because I usually understood what I needed to do and actually tended not to kill zombies hardly at all.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 324