Advanced search  

Poll

So, when will this start up again?

Abandon Ship - all hope is lost...
Our Necromagicks have failed us!
Next year...
Next quarter...
This quarter?!
Never - The GM is just playing with you!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: (ISG) You are a bound familiar  (Read 46916 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an unbound familiar
« Reply #405 on: June 28, 2013, 08:30:03 am »

Grab the amulet, then return. If the sorceress is still within earshot, ask:

"What do you want us to do?"

If she gives us the chance after explaining what she wants, explain that we were just afraid for our life and willing to do just about anything to do so. Draw comparisons with beggars and such.

Also, I suspect that someone made a big sacrifice to the Random Number God. Maybe not someone here, because sacrifices tend to be randomly applied, but still.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 28, 2013, 08:51:19 am »

Memorise her scent.
Try to read her emotions.
Take the amulet.
leave, carefully, and find somewhere to hide.
Spare a moment worrying that the thief that you hired might now be after you.
If there is a watercourse, try to find something buoyant and float downstream.
In the absence of a watercourse, try to climb a tree or hide in the farmers oven...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 28, 2013, 09:09:08 am »

Don't touch it.

It's certainly a trap. Call her out on it. I mean, they hunted us first.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 28, 2013, 10:12:36 am »

Don't touch it.

It's certainly a trap. Call her out on it. I mean, they hunted us first.
right idea, wrong reasons.
she has no need of a trap to catch us. we're pretty darn helpless right now.
however, we still should call her out on having tampered with it.
+1 to this action
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 28, 2013, 10:31:51 am »

We're dragonic, magical, demonic entity which survived the fall of it's master surprisingly well. They don't have any idea how weak we actually are. Demons are fairly powerfull, so they'd be carefull.

Either the penchant is loaded with a spell to bind us back in familiarity, or a banishment spell to destroy our demonic half. Or just a generic destruction spell.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 28, 2013, 10:47:37 am »

Freakin grab the pendent then take off.  What are going to do without it?  Oh ya, slowly die.  Great idea.  Any curse is better then that.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are a bound familiar. Say "hello" to Master 2.0
« Reply #411 on: June 28, 2013, 10:48:20 am »

Just as Lenglon pointed out, she would have a very easy game of just killing us, and anything inbetween or close to it. While we certainly could last an update more, I guess it is best if we move this along by now. We have pretty much a worst-case scenario on our hands here afterall. And hey, you finally get to see what my dice told me.

The matter of the amulet just does sit not well with you, and so you call her out on it. „The Amulet – it is changed. What have you done to it?“ You also eye her to the best of your abilities, but there are quite a lot of stalks and distance blocking the view.

"Just a minor enchantment that allowed me to divine your position. Trust me, if I wanted to harm you, you undoubtedly would be dead by now. No?“

She certainly has a point, and while you contemplate the amulet being trapped for a moment, you decide that it can't make that much of a difference anyhow. Without it you will most likely die, so wheres the harm in taking a bit of risk?

It happens the very moment your claws come to rest upon the chain – you do not even get to pick it up fully. With a headsplitting pain something invades your mind, and even with all of your efforts you are unable to resist it.

Now only one voice echoes through your mind, and it surely is not yours.
It's her voice.

( "Cautious to the last moment, eh? But it seems the pull of your amulet was too strong. You will be very useful to me. My new familiar.“ )

As your will whittles away under her command – she wants you to put on the amulet and then come to her – you are able to convey what very well might be the last words you speak out of your own choosing...

You have gained a new ability!

Enslaved Will

I would tell you to figure it out on your own, but then again you are somewhat incapable of thinking by yourself right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are a bound familiar
« Reply #412 on: June 28, 2013, 10:52:18 am »

Well, let's face it: The odds never were good.

Anyways: Destroy the amulet. It's about all we can do that might have a chance. Unless we want to try killing the sorceress?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 28, 2013, 10:53:13 am »

go out with a bang, spend every bit of magic we have on a self-directed amulet-directed fire magic attempt, preferably an explosive one.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 28, 2013, 10:55:48 am »

Do exactly as she says.  Only go to her quite quickly, and get as close to her throat with you teeth as you can.  And cast an illusion, making you appear as if you haven't moved yet.  After all, that wasn't against her command.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 28, 2013, 11:58:38 am »

"Tread lightly, Master.  My Creator thought he had me under control, too, until he roused my anger and my survival instincts with the sacrifice plan to kill you by killing myself.  And here I'd considered joining you willingly, as a friend..."
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 28, 2013, 12:43:56 pm »

Told you.

I mean, it was rather obvious, was it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 28, 2013, 01:06:42 pm »

Told you.

I mean, it was rather obvious, was it.
GODDAMMIT GUYS ARAGATSGSRSFEDARSDADAEDAF

Do exactly as she says.  Only go to her quite quickly, and get as close to her throat with you teeth as you can.  And cast an illusion, making you appear as if you haven't moved yet.  After all, that wasn't against her command.
+1
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 28, 2013, 01:09:52 pm »

+1
Sadly, the bond appears to be one of: "You can't do anything unless I say it" rather than "You can do everything unless I say not to."

If the follower, walk in sight, then drop down and hold your breath. She'll get tired of ordering us to do every little thing.

((We should've burned that town when we could.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 28, 2013, 01:12:53 pm »

Just realized something.
Curse her with a horrible demise before our free will erodes.
+1
Sadly, the bond appears to be one of: "You can't do anything unless I say it" rather than "You can do everything unless I say not to."

If the follower, walk in sight, then drop down and hold your breath. She'll get tired of ordering us to do every little thing.

((We should've burned that town when we could.))
+1 to Ebbor if killing her doesn't work.

Seriously though. Y U TRUST ANY MAGE EVER?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37