Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: You are a Minister of Defense  (Read 6784 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Minister of Defense
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2013, 04:24:36 pm »

I can tell that I'm going to lose, but I still think we should buy two lots of the heavy Enfields Enforcers.

- For those who can actually shoot, we want them to be able to actually hit. I don't just mean snipers, I mean everyone who qualifies over a certain level should have guns that are as accurate as possible. Like, Expert or higher? Give them the accurate rifles. Everyone else can get the light rifles.

- Assuming people get close, being clubbed over the head with a heavy rifle is gonna hurt more than a light rifle.

- If we train people with heavy rifles, and then have them use light ones when in combat, they will be able to hold them up longer, march further, etc.

Also, I will cast a vote in favor of SMG's. A casualty on the battlefield is almost as good as a kill, because it takes another person out of force to get them out of the battle. Besides, there's the concept of suppression fire.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2013, 08:42:48 pm »

I agree with Ross the lighter Enforcers would be nice if we had Cavalry, armored forces, or paratroopers but for ground infantry being able to hit something is more important then five less pounds when the average soldier can carry 60-80 pounds on his person.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2013, 08:46:55 pm »

Yeah, I'm gonna support the standard Enforcer for our infantry. For roles where a more compact weapon is required, those involved should be issued SMGs or carbines.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2013, 02:08:08 pm »

if we have Cavalry id issue SMG's, low weight, lots of fire add better and short range.
i evasion us using cavalry as a fast attack wing fighting ether from the saddle or as dragoons on foot and in close.   

Other people in need of a compact weapon get a pistol i.e. artillery crews or ammo carriers
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2013, 07:07:05 pm »

Ross's ideas are good. Also, support canning and try to develop planes or balloons.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2013, 10:48:03 pm »

PTW

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2013, 10:32:21 pm »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2013, 09:04:50 am »

canning should be supported and we should delevop the

I4 Striker

Specs: 20 meters long with a helium filled balloon
One camera
Two morse machine guns
5 explosive devices on the sides to be dropped
One propellor engine of 5-25hp for power
rear based rudder for steering

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2013, 09:36:36 am »

Come on let's get  some posts here!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2013, 09:40:44 am »

Ranger can take as much time as he likes to get the next turn. There's plenty of suggestions it looks like.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2013, 10:46:40 am »

Come on let's get  some posts here!
I'm gonna agree with this.  This game's been dead for a while.  I'd appreciate at least a time table.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2013, 10:48:46 am »

I am sorry, having bad, bad summer... It's unlikely that I'll pick it up anytime soon, especially considering that I lost my hard drive with all data for the game
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2013, 10:53:25 am »

I am sorry, having bad, bad summer... It's unlikely that I'll pick it up anytime soon, especially considering that I lost my hard drive with all data for the game
Welp, that sucks. Sorry dude.  Hard drives and their content aren't exactly cheap.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]