Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Syara: A Fantasy RTD| First Team Filled!| (10/10)  (Read 22776 times)

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
Re: Syara: A Fantasy RTD| First Team Filled!| (10/10)
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2013, 01:25:38 am »

Request a bit more knowledge from the GM on what the birds look like so I can give them names.
The bird is about the size of a raven, with yellow feathers. It has a red belly, and very sharp, And long, talons.
Consider its head and beak size and proportions, as well as things like wing shape and foot structure. Does it look like a hawk? a canary? a hummingbird? a corvid? something else?
I picture it with a head and beak like a canary, or some such small bird. It has wings like a parrot.

GM: Does our ship come with a lab? Or at least a room with a desk?
No, the purpose of the boat was to carry the team and supplies across the ocean, and provide materials to build shelters.

You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2013, 01:40:20 am »

Did we bring any supplies for testing and research? Since we are an expedition team that has to learn about a new land and all, and research is one way to find out about our new land.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2013, 02:10:29 am »

Maybe it'll arrive once we have a safe camp, after all lab equipment is worth more then we are.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2013, 07:23:38 am »

Maybe it'll arrive once we have a safe camp, after all lab equipment is worth more then we are.
I was thinking of having a second boat with equipment for things like, edibility tests, extracting poisons and the such...
--------------------------------------------And Now For The Turn-----------------------------------------------
"Why, hello there little bird..."
Begin recording notes on this bird. Determine if it's the same from before. Request a bit more knowledge from the GM on what the birds look like so I can give them names.
(4)You slowly, carefully, lean the net up against the nearest tree, and retrieve your journal. The bird just looks at you the entire time. You write down everything you can see abut the bird, and reach the conclusion that this is the same bird as before.

Looking at the expedition supplies, Albrecht realized they were in a whole lot of trouble unless there's some sort of tool repository or civilization nearby. They've got precisely nothing except an axe with which to build things.

Clearly, whoever organized this expedition was a genius of some kind.

Climb a tree and survey the nearby area with the spyglass.
You shake your head at the sorry state of the supplies, and decide to try looking around. You approach a tree near the ship, (4) and scale up the tree, slowly, but surely. Once securely sitting on the top branches, You pull out your spyglass and sweep it across the treetops. (2+1=3) You see nothing worth reporting other than the cube.

Walk into the cube like, what up I got a big cock.
You approach the cube door very cautiously, with your gun drawn. Directly inside, is a corridor that stretches both left and right, the corridor is light by a strip of some light-producing object set into the roof.

Walk into the cube like, what up I got a big cock.
Punch this guy in the face and go in.
You walk straight up to Kyle as he steps into the cube, and (6) punch him directly in the mouth. You become completely off-balance, and fall face-first into the inside wall of the cube...

Just appear near the cube and draw the piecemaker. Don't aim yet, one does not need to aim with it.
(2) You attempt to blink next to the cube, but fail to find the peace of mind necessary to touch the Source.

Oh okay, that works.

Peek into the cube. I wonder if my voice echoes in here!
You laugh hysterically as Kyle get's punched in the face by Joe, only to have Joe smash his face into the wall. You then sneak up to the entrance, and look both ways, seeing the ends of the corridor, around 2 meters either side of the door.

Prod the chest. Inspect the chest thoroughly, run hands over the surface to search for a hidden switch. If there's none, just fireball the lid off.

Yeah, not entering that mysterious cube just yet.

(2) You poke and prod, but find nothing that could open the chest. You lose your patience, take a few steps back and (4) blow the lid off that damn thing with a fireball.

Become invisible, watch the others walk inside.
(5) You easily wrap yourself in a cloak of invisibility and watch the hilarity ensue.

Take a few samples. Make a note in my journal (if I have one; if not, make a mental note) to study the specimen later. Then follow the group near the cube.

GM: Does our ship come with a lab? Or at least a room with a desk?
You scoop up a few of the toadstools. You also make a mental note to get back to the fungus at a later date, then look around, remembering where you are in relation to the cube, before making your way back there.

Helga mutters to herself as she continues working, "Damn... but what if... account for the...", blotting her notes from time to time with handfuls of sand, occasionally glaring at the driftwood as if willing it to divulge answers.
You continue to mutter at yourself about velocity, and reducing loads and the such, as well as writing it all down, and (6+1=7) You soon have a rough understanding of how you might be able to use the Source as a means of moving objects. On the downside though, you have just ruined your parchment...
NEW SPELL LEARNED: Inertial Shift ((Thanks for the name idea, Dice.))

You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2013, 07:41:00 am »

See what can be divulged about the cube from this vantage point, then perform a quick second sweep over the area with the spyglass just in case, paying special attention to looking for something like a river or a creek. Get a feel for the surrounding and far-off geography. Then climb down from the tree.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2013, 08:24:54 am »

"Okay, okay, two corridors. Let's split up and see what we can find," Felix says after his laughter (mostly) fades away. "If anything happens, just scream like a little girl and run back towards the entrance!"

Foolproof plan engaged. Head inside and go down the left passageway.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2013, 09:26:41 am »

Loot chest with extreme prejudice.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2013, 09:35:38 am »

Go inside, look around.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2013, 10:01:28 am »

"Yes! YEEEES!"

Giggling gleefully, Helga trots off into the forest, following the trail of footprints and crushed vegetation left by the herd of explorers. She keeps an eye out for anything unusual.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2013, 12:12:00 pm »

Keep trying to blink
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2013, 12:13:32 pm »

EXPLORE THE CUBE! And shoot Joe with a heal, cause he's stupid.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2013, 12:14:50 pm »

Thank him and kindly offer him a bird, then attempt to access magic while inside.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2013, 04:45:34 pm »

Slowly enter the cube. Look around carefully.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2013, 09:17:52 pm »

Label the description of this bird in my journal, the Red-Bellied Canaraptor. Attempt to capture this Red-Bellied Canaraptor alive and take it to the ship.

If successful, put the Canaraptor into a birdcage.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2013, 07:45:26 am »

Sorry in advance for any spelling mistakes or loss of coherency, I am VERY tired...

See what can be divulged about the cube from this vantage point, then perform a quick second sweep over the area with the spyglass just in case, paying special attention to looking for something like a river or a creek. Get a feel for the surrounding and far-off geography. Then climb down from the tree.
(6+1=7) You fail to make out anything new about the cube, and decide to make another sweep over the rainforest with your spyglass. You can make out a slight clearing in the trees, so insignificant you are surprised you saw it. Through it, you see some type of four-legged creature eating some moss off the bottoms of the trees. It looks like a deer, except with a deep purple stripe down it's back, and seems to have several extra eyes.

"Okay, okay, two corridors. Let's split up and see what we can find," Felix says after his laughter (mostly) fades away. "If anything happens, just scream like a little girl and run back towards the entrance!"

Foolproof plan engaged. Head inside and go down the left passageway.
You activate your master plan, turn Left! You walk to the end of the passage and look to the right. This passage ends afew meters away, and there sits a lever on the floor.

Loot chest with extreme prejudice.
You step forward and look into the chest, inside is {d20= 17} Loads of loot. There's a jacket of some sort that looks like it is incredibly sturdy, also a short sword with a jewel-inlaid scabbard. At the bottom are a few dusty old tomes, and a pick-axe.

Go inside, look around.
You go down the right hand passage, at the end, it turns left, then left again, what is this place, a maze...

"Yes! YEEEES!"

Giggling gleefully, Helga trots off into the forest, following the trail of footprints and crushed vegetation left by the herd of explorers. She keeps an eye out for anything unusual.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
You walk through the forest, following the trails, and look around as you go. (2) You can't find anything out of the ordinary...

Keep trying to blink
(2) This time,... you fail again. You grunt in disgust, and just start walking.

EXPLORE THE CUBE! And shoot Joe with a heal, cause he's stupid.
(4) You load the heal crystal into the gun, aim it at Joe's head, and pull that trigger... (+1 HP) He looks at you and nods his head appreciatively. You then take a step inside the cube, and head up the right-side corridor.

Thank him and kindly offer him a bird, then attempt to access magic while inside.
You thank Kyle, before offering your bird. He is about to accept, when he sees the blood dripping out under your sleeve, and reconsiders. You shrug, head inside and try to touch the Source. If anything, it appears far easier...

Slowly enter the cube. Look around carefully.
You slowly enter the cube with your wits around you.You look up and down the corridor, and decide to follow the group...

Label the description of this bird in my journal, the Red-Bellied Canaraptor. Attempt to capture this Red-Bellied Canaraptor alive and take it to the ship.

If successful, put the Canaraptor into a birdcage.
You draw a hasty sketch of the bird in your journal, and label it 'Canaraptor'. You then attempt to quickly grab the bird and subdue it, (4) you manage to grab it by the claws, as it jumps out of the way, and then shove it into the net. You then close the net off, and hope to the gods, that the thing stops squawking, which it has been doing since you grabbed it... You sling the net over your shoulder and make your way back to the boat.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9