Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Syara: A Fantasy RTD| First Team Filled!| (10/10)  (Read 22777 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Syara: A Fantasy RTD| First Team Filled!| (10/10)
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2013, 06:32:21 pm »

The cube is made of magic, and/or enchanted?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2013, 03:47:18 am »

Stop dozing off and look for any other clues, ruins or whatever around the cube. Pedestals would be nice, for example.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2013, 07:31:39 am »

Load my hand with a yellow bird.
(5+1=6) You use your wand, and call one of the surrounding birds to your hand, it responds immediately, and flies straight to your outstretched hand. As it lands, it's claws tighten on your wrist, and the sharpness of it's talons become apparent as blood trickles from below the bird's ankle. (-1hp)

Shrug then throw my glaives at the cube.
You shrug to yourself, palm one of your glaives, ad then throw it at the cube. (4) The glaive slides from your hand and flies towards the cube. As the glaive nears the cube, a flash of purple lightning flies out from the cube and smashes straight into the projectile. The glaive flies straight back along it's original trajectory, as you... (5) You effortlessly pluck the glaive from the air, and return it to your pocket. "Well, that did something at least."

Calmly shoot the cube until something happens.
You raise your gun and unload a shot at the same time Hardren throws his glaive, the shot hits the cube, and you are blinded by a flash of the letters engraved on the cube, when you can see clearly again, the cube is changing. Two panels appear on the side facing you, and begin sliding silently apart.
Siantre, Vok Kasthro, these words echo, not in your head this time, but from inside the cube.
((P.S. since none of you got the hint it was the |magic|. AKA use magic on the thing...))

Take a closer inspection of surrounding plant life, if it's okay with the team. Especially find some fungi. I want to extract some poison.
You walk a distace form the group, looking at the plant life. (4) You find some type of small, purple, toadstools about 10m from the clearing where the rest of the team is. It is growing near the roots of some very wide trees.

Record the sighting in my journal and try to figure out what kind of known bird it most resembles.

Ready a net and go into the forest to capture a bird.
You take out your journal, and record the event, so that you may be able to discover more about this creature from it's long term behavior. You then ready your net, and set off after the bird. (5) Ironically, the plan to 'capture' one is unnecessary, as the bird flies down and lands on the rim of  your net.

((Actually, I can't cast Guard. I can cast Blink - that's what I got at character creation, anyway. I meant ready my actual metal shield.))

"Well, that's certainly rather unusual. Better be careful!"

Eh, go back to the ship. Take inventory of all available supplies. We should probably get down to making camp soon.
You shake your head to clear your thoughts, then decide to go back to the ship. After a very uneventful walk, you scramble up the ship, and take an inventory of everything that came with the team. There is enough food and water to last everyone for about a week, as well as some canvas, 2 more axes, and some spare flint.

Build a fire, but don't set in on fire yet.
(4) You manage to gather together some of the larger pieces of wood from the downed tree, and stack them together on a flat piece of beach. You shave some bark off one of the sticks, and sprinkle it on top of the stack, it should now be incredibly easy to start a fire when the need arises.

Casting a second glance at the driftwood, Helga scrambles to her feet, hypothesizing.

The way it's lodged into the sand, I'd need to give it a good pull to get it out, even though it's just sand. That's pretty basic; things that are still tend to stay that way, 'specially if they're jammed in some place. Works the other way 'round, too; stuff rolling down hills doesn't want to stop rolling, you have to force it. But all of that's pure physicality, and the whole point of channeling is to replace the physical exertion with a spiritual exertion. There're already spells like that, stuff that creates a magical force to take the place of the physical one. But what if you removed that entirely and just changed the existing force or lack thereof directly...?

Drawing a sheet of parchment, ink, and fountain pen from her bundle, Helga quickly begins sketching out rough notes and diagrams, completely ignoring the retreating footsteps of most of the party as well as the shouts of the ship's deck crew as they work.

"Hey, where'd everyone go?"
You grab out your paper and pen, and begin scribbling down notes on a page, about velocity, mass, and the Source. (2+1=3) By the end, you still have no idea how to achieve this task using Magic... but you think you are at least a step closer.

"Oh, ow, geez. That's new!" Felix mutters while shaking his head and staring towards the glowing writing on the strange structure. "Anyone else hear a voice? I never heard a language like that before, either! Maybe there's somebody inside the cube! Or maybe it has a mind of it's own! We have to--"

He stares long and hard at the ones still trying to smack the cube for...some reason, before trying to stop those idiots.
You are about to stop those idiot, before you realize that they have stopped themselves, and are all staring as the cube slowly opens, the panels are now a meter apart, and still widening.

Stop dozing off and look for any other clues, ruins or whatever around the cube. Pedestals would be nice, for example.
You stop just standing there, and decide to look around the cube for other structures. (6) You find a stone chest, around 20 meters from the cube, away from the beach. The only problem, the lid is far too heavy to lift off...

You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2013, 07:46:05 am »

(5) You effortlessly pluck the glaive from the air, and return it to your pocket.
That...that is one big pocket.

"Why, hello there little bird..."
Begin recording notes on this bird. Determine if it's the same from before. Request a bit more knowledge from the GM on what the birds look like so I can give them names.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2013, 08:24:31 am »

Looking at the expedition supplies, Albrecht realized they were in a whole lot of trouble unless there's some sort of tool repository or civilization nearby. They've got precisely nothing except an axe with which to build things.

Clearly, whoever organized this expedition was a genius of some kind.

Climb a tree and survey the nearby area with the spyglass.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:30:10 am by Harry Baldman »

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2013, 08:29:35 am »

Request a bit more knowledge from the GM on what the birds look like so I can give them names.
The bird is about the size of a raven, with yellow feathers. It has a red belly, and very sharp, And long, talons.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2013, 08:31:51 am »

Request a bit more knowledge from the GM on what the birds look like so I can give them names.
The bird is about the size of a raven, with yellow feathers. It has a red belly, and very sharp, And long, talons.
Consider its head and beak size and proportions, as well as things like wing shape and foot structure. Does it look like a hawk? a canary? a hummingbird? a corvid? something else?
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2013, 11:52:34 am »

Walk into the cube like, what up I got a big cock.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2013, 12:03:27 pm »

Walk into the cube like, what up I got a big cock.
Punch this guy in the face and go in.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2013, 12:15:18 pm »

Just appear near the cube and draw the piecemaker. Don't aim yet, one does not need to aim with it.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2013, 03:17:17 pm »

Oh okay, that works.

Peek into the cube. I wonder if my voice echoes in here!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2013, 04:06:04 pm »

Prod the chest. Inspect the chest thoroughly, run hands over the surface to search for a hidden switch. If there's none, just fireball the lid off.

Yeah, not entering that mysterious cube just yet.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:38:30 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2013, 04:36:25 pm »

Become invisible, watch the others walk inside.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2013, 05:08:38 pm »

Take a few samples. Make a note in my journal (if I have one; if not, make a mental note) to study the specimen later. Then follow the group near the cube.

GM: Does our ship come with a lab? Or at least a room with a desk?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2013, 07:04:22 pm »

Helga mutters to herself as she continues working, "Damn... but what if... account for the...", blotting her notes from time to time with handfuls of sand, occasionally glaring at the driftwood as if willing it to divulge answers.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:07:47 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9