Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Syara: A Fantasy RTD| First Team Filled!| (10/10)  (Read 22755 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Syara: A Fantasy RTD| First Team Filled!| (10/10)
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2013, 10:49:36 am »

"Maybe we should read..."

Albrecht notices the immediate reactions of the team.

"... okay."

Retreat to a 20 meter distance from the cube, ready the shield in case of trouble.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2013, 11:16:08 am »

Go up to the cube and load in the other crystal.
"Get out of the way! What do you idiots think your doing!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2013, 12:34:06 pm »

Grab my gear, go onto shore, and attempt to capture one of the native creatures for closer examination.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2013, 07:57:51 am »

((I want to do a post before sleeping, so those who haven't posted will just have to miss a go.))

"Where is our damned magic expert? No matter, can't count on those people to do anything right anyway. "

Pull a plant from the ground and throw it at the cube, observe the results.... from behind everyone else.
(4) You find a reasonably sized twig lying a meter from you on the ground. You pick it up and throw it at the structure, then duck behind Joe. The stick bounces off the structure harmlessly, and falls to the ground. You wait a minute before stepping out from behind him.

Catch up with team mates. Appreciate nature and try to identify some notable trees or plants.
You stroll casually through the forest, whilst admiring the scenery.(1+1=2) You also try to identify the surrounding plants, but apart from the occasional tree similar to a mainland variant, all wildlife appears to be completely different. You eventually catch up with the rest of the team.

Tap cube with stick.
(3) you find a small stick and whack the cube, but to no avail. It just sits there, solid as a rock, built as if from magic.

Wait for the results of everyone's poking/prodding/insulting of the cube, then see if I can glean...well, ANYTHING from the strange writing on it.
With all the failed experiments of the hitting with sticks variety, you do something intelligible and try to read the markings on the cube's surface. (5) You enter a slight trance, and all of a sudden, you hear a voice in your head.
Silous Ni Vok Kasthro Noh Loi. Bah Nao Vok Kasthro, Bah Loi.

"Maybe we should read..."

Albrecht notices the immediate reactions of the team.

"... okay."

Retreat to a 20 meter distance from the cube, ready the shield in case of trouble.
Move away from the cube and draw on the source, ready to activate your Guard. As you open yourself to the Source, the writing on the cube glows, and you too, hear the strange voice in your head.
Silous Ni Vok Kasthro Noh Loi. Bah Nao Vok Kasthro, Bah Loi.

Go up to the cube and load in the other crystal.
"Get out of the way! What do you idiots think your doing!
You barge through your companions and load the transformation crystal into your gun.
Outta my way, I'll show you how it's done!

Grab my gear, go onto shore, and attempt to capture one of the native creatures for closer examination.
You swoop your pack up onto your shoulder, slide carefully down the boat, and walk slowly up to the treeline. (3) You spot one of the yellow birds dart out from the treeline, and you notice that it has a red underside, as well as particularly nasty looking talons, but it is to fast for you to catch it, before it flies back into the forest.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 06:17:37 pm by Mr.FancyPants »
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2013, 08:03:10 am »

Load my hand with a yellow bird.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2013, 08:14:13 am »

Shrug then throw my glaives at the cube.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2013, 08:16:03 am »

Calmly shoot the cube until something happens.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2013, 09:18:03 am »

Take a closer inspection of surrounding plant life, if it's okay with the team. Especially find some fungi. I want to extract some poison.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2013, 03:51:25 pm »

Record the sighting in my journal and try to figure out what kind of known bird it most resembles.

Ready a net and go into the forest to capture a bird.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2013, 04:11:57 pm »

((Actually, I can't cast Guard. I can cast Blink - that's what I got at character creation, anyway. I meant ready my actual metal shield.))

"Well, that's certainly rather unusual. Better be careful!"

Eh, go back to the ship. Take inventory of all available supplies. We should probably get down to making camp soon.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2013, 04:31:44 pm »

Build a fire, but don't set in on fire yet.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2013, 04:39:17 pm »

Casting a second glance at the driftwood, Helga scrambles to her feet, hypothesizing.

The way it's lodged into the sand, I'd need to give it a good pull to get it out, even though it's just sand. That's pretty basic; things that are still tend to stay that way, 'specially if they're jammed in some place. Works the other way 'round, too; stuff rolling down hills doesn't want to stop rolling, you have to force it. But all of that's pure physicality, and the whole point of channeling is to replace the physical exertion with a spiritual exertion. There're already spells like that, stuff that creates a magical force to take the place of the physical one. But what if you removed that entirely and just changed the existing force or lack thereof directly...?

Drawing a sheet of parchment, ink, and fountain pen from her bundle, Helga quickly begins sketching out rough notes and diagrams, completely ignoring the retreating footsteps of most of the party as well as the shouts of the ship's deck crew as they work.

"Hey, where'd everyone go?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2013, 05:29:10 pm »

"Oh, ow, geez. That's new!" Felix mutters while shaking his head and staring towards the glowing writing on the strange structure. "Anyone else hear a voice? I never heard a language like that before, either! Maybe there's somebody inside the cube! Or maybe it has a mind of it's own! We have to--"

He stares long and hard at the ones still trying to smack the cube for...some reason, before trying to stop those idiots.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:34:46 pm by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2013, 05:42:04 pm »

Build a fire, but don't set in on fire yet.
I know what you mean, but...what?
Sig

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2013, 05:55:08 pm »

((Actually, I can't cast Guard. I can cast Blink - that's what I got at character creation, anyway. I meant ready my actual metal shield.))

"Well, that's certainly rather unusual. Better be careful!"

Eh, go back to the ship. Take inventory of all available supplies. We should probably get down to making camp soon.
((Damn, sorry I forgot that... I'll pay more attention next time.))

((Also, there is a clue that has been hidden in the action post, just saying cause you guys all missed it and I tried to make it semi-obvious. First person to find it gets a cookie.))
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9