Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 30721 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 05:36:14 pm »

"I don't discriminate between races. Its the personality that matters. If your known for associating with a thief, you don't get much work. The Drow reputation is undeserved in individuals." (My face is covered by the way, the only thing visible is my left eye and hair)

((Ryxa's experienced in reading individuals though, sizing them up. If it's vital to your plot that I don't see it right now, then alright, please just say so and I'll fix my post. Otherwise I'll note she detected it behind the veil.))

"Well, he is a thief, and I am a killer. We can call him or anyone something else to be polite, but who they are is who they are.

My associations do not matter to me, anyway-my blade speaks the only words my kind understand. And they are the only ones whose opinion I respect.

But, I am glad to hear you do not condemn out of hand. A wise person waits until ones true caliber is tested, to pass judgement."

Ryxa's way of speaking is calm, measured and melodious. She rarely raises her voice, in anger or surprise-yet she talks at length when she can, enjoying conversation.

The woman still bears a scar on her hip from a cudgel, where an overseer struck her for speaking out of turn. Speaking freely is just one of the many freedoms she knows others take for granted.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:40:56 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 05:49:36 pm »

Rylath coughs politely, "I would like to point out that while I may be a scoundrel with a loose interpretation of laws, the human here is in fact the thief.  I am a gambler, and personally one who likes true chance as opposed to rigged games.  Speaking of which I don't suppose anyone would like a quick game of dice to break the tension a tad?"  He rolls his pair of dice out towards the center of the table, with a friendly grin.
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2013, 05:54:50 pm »

Ryxa lightly turns to Rylath.

"You know, my own family was fond of games of chance as well. One could say they were professionals, though not very good ones. They lost more than they won, I know that better than anyone.

What wages do you usually play for?"
She inquires, raising an eyebrow.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2013, 05:55:20 pm »

Is it too late for me to apply?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 05:56:28 pm »

Is it too late for me to apply?

((Nope, but you get waitlisted.

Which means you wait till enough of us die to let you in :P

Depending on the lethality of the game, it might be awhile or very quick.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2013, 06:09:16 pm »

"A party of killers and thieves, where have I heard that before?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2013, 06:35:49 pm »

"A party of killers and thieves, where have I heard that before?"

"Circumstance always adjusts your preconceptions. A killer is not always a murderer, and a thief does not always steal from the undeserving."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2013, 06:43:28 pm »

Kyle walks back to the table after growing bored of waiting for service.
"You would think there'd be more workers at such a busy place. So, why did all of you lot decide to come here?"
Kyle says looking at the group.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2013, 06:50:58 pm »

"You would think there'd be more workers at such a busy place. So, why did all of you lot decide to come here?"

"I came here looking for a young man, with a sword much like mine. He's a good friend...more than a friend, to me. And I'm going to have to fight him, eventually. One us is probably going to die.

But, I haven't found him yet, which is why I'm still here."
She answers.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2013, 07:17:45 pm »

Rylath replies after looking into his pocket, "I'd say 5 gold a round or the next round of drinks shouldn't make me broke too quickly." 

"Well, I could give you some deep tidbit about my life and as to why I decided that starving half the time on the road sounded like a good idea.  Or you know I could be literal and tell you that I threw a dart at a map... of course the dart didn't land on this spot but the maps owner and his body part that the dart did hit happened to be pulling into port."
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2013, 07:29:05 pm »

Rylath replies after looking into his pocket, "I'd say 5 gold a round or the next round of drinks shouldn't make me broke too quickly." 

The Drow woman smiles.

She placed five coins in front of her.

"I will indulge you, then.

Though, in my order, we bet competing sword blows when gambling. The winner is allowed one fair strike against the loser first, and only then may there be a single retaliatory strike. Wounding blows are not encouraged. We strike to kill. So, I usually enjoy higher stakes..."

This was the only game of chance the young bloods of 101 Blades really enjoyed. For them, every blow was a real one-even in games.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2013, 07:41:27 pm »

(Don't worry about the scar thing, just not a generally known thing about her as its almost always covered.)

"I have not gambled before but i will play a few rounds." (Play until i lose 20 gold or win 50)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2013, 07:49:22 pm »

Kyle pulls out 5 gold.
"I'll go a game as well."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2013, 07:51:22 pm »

Rylath grins widely, "Well then I figure this is as good a start as any.  I'll accept IOU's and proffered sword blows if it comes to it, but let's say the blows count against people against us eh?" Try to bum 3 more dice from the barkeeper for a proper game, get a secondary drink and then play till I lose 20 gold or everyone else drops out.
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2013, 07:58:44 pm »

Ryxa nods, thinking of her stakes.

((Play till I lose 10 or gain 10))

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44