Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 30722 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2013, 09:45:03 pm »

Ryxa nodded to the Dwarf, deciding to go-though she would keep an eye out for trouble...

"I shall take Ironwrit up on his offer." She says to everyone gathered.

Action: Head to Ironwrits Forge. Be on my guard.

((OOC/If we're listing clothes!

Head- None
Body- Sleeveless, high collar Myrmidon Robe, leather vest armor (Dark blue)/Fingerless Gloves/Dark Blue Armband over tattoo
Legs- Hakama pants (Dark blue, don't have any other name for them :P)
Feet- Sandals.

Also, Ryxa and Ironwrit technically won the first round of Dagger Dice! The turncoat has to beat each of the loyalists on a one by one basis. Since I rolled a five, I beat Rylath. Our nine together beats Kyle.

But! My game is horribly complicated and poorly thought out, and it doesn't matter. I also probably kept changing the rules at some point. Oh gog. ;_;))
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:11:55 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2013, 02:54:24 am »

Follow the party to Ironwrits Forge.

((like in most rpg, what I look like I'm wearing=/=what I'm equipped with bar weapon
Head- nothing
Body- White-coloured longcoat
Legs- armoured greaves
Feet- Black boots))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2013, 08:53:32 am »

Leaving the inn, you find the crowd much thinned out from earlier, a speakers post now clearly visible in the centre of the square, but unoccupied. What appears to be a park is positioned to you right, whilst the palace looms directly ahead. To the left the main road continues to the more inland areas of the city, and the scent of fish tells you that the fish markets also lie over that way.
-----
 (All but Selina)
You head up the road, the sound of venders crying their goods accompanying you, whilst the left hand side of the road is occupied by a series of mundane shops, most markedly a tailor and a bookstore. The road hits first one set of stairs, then another, taking you past the tunnels set in the sides of the ledges, and reminding you why some call this the tiered city.
 On the third tier the road turns and begins to head back down again, a grand inn resting in the bend, and large houses of various designs outside it. As you look round for any further directions, you hear the sound of hammering from a side road, and following it find a small open faced shack, sheltering a door into the mountain side. In the shack is set up a small smithy, and at the anvil works Ironwrit, sweat beading on his brow. He looks up from his work and grins, finishing as he speaks.
 ‘So you did decide to come after all. Tell you what, as I made 15 gold off of you, I’ll do something for you.’
 With that he turns and passes through the door, leading you into a small shop front. However, he passes straight through into the back room, a cavernous storage space lined with arms and armour of all kinds.
 ‘See, I’m not just a pretty face. Or just a smith. Got myself a book of runes once, and never looked back. My blades were the pride of Bastion, ‘fore I was kicked out. So here’s the score.
Pick something, and I’ll engrave it as long as you keep it simple. Just one thing between the lot of you though. I’m going home soon, and wouldn’t want to miss the last boat out. i got most anything in stock, so don’t hesitate to ask. And course, you can buy as much normal stuff as you like.’
 The dwarf then hands you a sheet of parchment on which is written a price list.

Spoiler: Prices (click to show/hide)
…..........
 (Selina)
 You head down through the fish markets, keeping an eye out for the docks as you go. Luckily you remain safe, despite the barmans assertion about the markets. At last you reach a set of stairs set into the cliff face, and descending them come down to a series of jetties, on which vessels of all shapes and sizes rest.
 The Dwarven ship immediately draws your eye. It rests low in the water, and is wideset, with skis emerging off either side for stability. It lacks both sails and oars, but instead has mounted on the rear what resembles a large distillery, with pipes entering and leaving whose purpose you can only guess at. Beneath the tank lies a metal circle, covered in chalk dust. As you look on, one of the crew spots you and waves you over.
 ‘You after the job? The name’s Stoneflow, and welcome to my ship, the Windsmith. Payment will be 250g for you all, as well as an audience with the king, and whatever he sees fit to give you. He’s generous as long as you do your job, hence the short pay. Oh, and also passage to Bastion. If you’re in, we’ll leave as soon as you’re ready and our...... guest...... has arrived. though you may want to find something to occupy yourself for the trip. not much to do on board normally.’

((The win was due to a misinterpretation, but I'd rather not retcon. Sorry.))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:17:28 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2013, 08:54:03 am »

"Ohhh we're off to see the dwarf, the wonderful dwarf of the forge."  Rylath hums as he walks out the door, proceeding to whistle a tune quitely.  "Maybe I should pick up an instrument or something... might be good for morale provided I learn to play eh?  I'm thinking bagpipes hahaha."

To ze forge slowly, we are tourists anyways!

(I guess this is what I see myself wearing;
Head:Nothing/Cloak hood Depending on weather or mood.  Currently hood.
Chest:Patchwork linen/leather/burlap cloak With a dozen or so pockets.  Covering over a white linen shirt and some inside pockets.
Legs:Plain light green linen pants with a string belt, made to fit loosely for good movement.
Feet: Black leather ankle travelling boots.

As for the dagger dice win I'm assuming I cheated hahah))
Nom nom nom

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2013, 09:40:55 am »

Kyle looks around at the assortment of armor he can see.
"Well, these all look good... I suppose I'd be an idiot to not get some armor that I can use well."
Kyle pulls 40 coins out of his bag and hands them to Ironwrit.
"I'd like some light armor, of it's not to much trouble some I can wear under my normal clothes easily. After all I make it a point to operate of cheap tricks. Or maybe just some gauntlets I could probably find some uses for those that weren't intended."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2013, 09:45:17 am »

'Well I tend not to deal in gauntlets, fiddly to draw runes on. But I do have some clothmail in. Not as tough as normal mail, but lighter and without all the clinking, and it fits a lot nicer too. I'll fetch it out whenever everyone's ready.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2013, 09:56:00 am »

"Clothmail does sound nice. And the lack of clinking is nice. Clinking, in my experience is very, very bad. Most of the time at least."
Kyle puts his hand on his chin and looks down deep in thought.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2013, 10:08:19 am »

"Hum, While I don't know how I can rely solely on my short-sword for fighting, my cloak for stopping arrows or my own maneuverability to avoid sword blows...  How about this, my good dwarf you know far more about your own arms and armors then I would, so I have 50 gold in total, you choose for me what you think I would benefit most by and you can consider me indebted.  Oh and we may be ending up on the same ship, I doubt there is all that many going to the dwarven kingdom lately, should give me a chance to win a bit more gold eh?  Hahaha"  Rylath grins whilst ooh'ing and aah'ing over the various metal items.
Nom nom nom

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2013, 10:16:40 am »

'All depends how you fight my friend. And you're going to the empire too eh? Glad I'll have something to do on that ship at least.'

((Minor edit made to the end of the main update.))

Sigtext

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2013, 10:22:30 am »

"I hate to be a cheapass, but I think a good dagger might be best for now, that'll give me some money to gamble and drink away until the next payday anyhow."  Rylath counts out twenty coins, then puts those twenty back in his pocket before handing over the 30 with a smile.
Nom nom nom

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2013, 10:26:44 am »

The dwarf counts the gold in his hand before passing back ten coins.
 'Not sure if you misread the prices or simply wanted better quality, but I assure you, all my stock is good at the very least. I'll fetch it out with the rest.'

Sigtext

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2013, 11:23:36 am »

"Twas a tip, but if you don't take tips then it's okay with me.  I just was raised to always tip well."
Nom nom nom

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2013, 11:30:42 am »

'You could say I won my tip earlier.'
 He winks and grins at you, before looking at the others, shrugging, and turning back to the group.
 'Call if you need anything. I'll be out back, packing.'
 With that he leaves the room.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2013, 03:04:07 pm »

((Hey guys, who wants the rune? O_o We get one for the group.

I'd probably have my sword improved if possible, personally...being I'm a...you know. I'm pretty much only good at that one thing... :P

Since I can't just pick a new weapon, anyway, I'm hoping I could possibly get mine modified.))

Ryxa thinks a moment, before following and drawing her blade with a stirring ring-and showing it to the Dwarf crossways. She holds it reverently, not touching the sharp edges.

It is a beautiful weapon, in it's own right-a thousand mark hand tempered folded steel give it the impression of divine sharpness...and while you can see your own face in it's metallic finish, the image is hazy and clouded, seeming to reflect no light or warmth. The blade has no nicks or scratches, despite it's frequent use. The hilt is tough black leather intersped with red inlay, capped with a flat cross guard-there is a very small glass bead in the center, where a small amount of blue liquid swirling within... A blue silk ribbon ties off the crossguard, as well.

"Do you think you could improve this sword? It is a named blade, Mru'shkane. Drowish for 'Temptation'. I created it myself-using my own blood as the foci for it's energy.

It is worth more to me, than Heaven or Earth. I would have to kill you, if it was damaged. Yet-if you were to improve it, I would owe you my life.

Do not accept if you do not believe you can do this. I would not hold it against you. There are easier things to do, if you are just interested in gold. If you were to help me, this would be about crafting part of a legend that may come to be. Even when I fall, this will find the hands of another of my order.

It would be...a great challenge for you."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2013, 03:15:52 pm »

((I thought we get one rune item each?  If not and just one rune for the whole group... I'd really rather like to actually know what his runes do before we agree to give it to the main fighter.))

Rylath blushes a little bit, embarassed he needs to ask this question, he walks to the door to the back room and knocks  "Erm, Ironwit my good man, what does your runes... actually do anyways?  I am completely unfamiliar with runic magic and it's abilities."

((For instance if the rune can do something interesting like say trap the souls of the dieing to power something else... I'd be willing to sneak up on people and run them through the heart before the fight actually begins.  I'm going to rely mostly on luck and eventually true chaos magic to do anything, though for now outside of fluff my F is only slightly lower then Ryxa's and my E is actually higher so I'd be less likely to die from getting hit I'd imagine.  On the other hand if it can cloak someone in shadows or the ilk, I'd say Kyle would benefit the most or if it can be any sort of beneficial magical foci then Clair.

My personal what would benefit the group most list would go:
Clair if it can improve her healing abilities
Kyle if it can make him hard to notice, or invisible ((we really do need someone who can do recon or theft or say break us out of prison should we get caught or captured))
Then me and Ryxa would be tied, we're both really fighters I'm just a tad more balanced whilst you have a more agressive make.))
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44