Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 30724 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2013, 11:35:52 pm »

((So in all seriousness, what dice game are we playing? I don't gamble.))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2013, 11:52:03 pm »

((We don't have enough dice for liar unless the innkeeper wants to give me 18 more dice, so I guess with 5 it'd be either high/low or a generic highest roll.  Basically you roll all five at once, and mark what you get like 2, 4's.  Then the next person goes and at the end of a round the person with the highest grouping wins.  So 2, 2's would beat 2, 1's but 3, 1's beats all sets of two and so on.  With two sets of two taking the highest of the pairings.))
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2013, 12:27:58 am »

((I'm just going to suggest something IC. The GM can fudge it however he likes :P

...oh yeah, I have no idea if game makes any sense! I just made it up lol ))

"Shall we play Dagger Dice, then? It is a game my own people enjoy.

It's a simple one, meant for four players. We each place the same amount of gold in the center, in a tall stack. We place our bottomost coin either heads up, or heads down. Then we take a balanced dagger and spin it in the center of the table. Whomever it rests on and points at is the traitor. The others are the loyalists.

The traitor then rolls two dice, and the loyalists roll one each. Everyone reveals their bottom coin.

If the traitor beats them all combined, he takes the entire pot.

If the loyalists combined rolls are greater, they split the pot amongst themselves. But...if a loyalist chooses to place the bottommost coin in his stack facedown, his roll does not add to the loyalists total-and if he happens to win against the traitor and his fellow loyalists on a one by one basis, he takes the entire pot for himself instead...becoming the turncoat. If there is more than one turncoat or traitor, there rolls each count separate against the sum total of any loyalists left. A traitor can only ever take the pot for himself, but loyalists always split it.

If the traitor has turned his own coin facedown, he removes his lowest die-and is counted as a loyalist against any turncoats-for the rules applied as normal.

If there are no loyalists and only traitors at the end, the pot is left where it is-and added onto the next game.

Oh, and if everyone turns out a loyalist, all the money in the pot is given to the bartender for another round of drinks."

...well, it was simple for Drow...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 12:35:57 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2013, 12:31:04 am »

"I do like the sound of a needlessly complicated game that involves knives... sounds like my 10th birthday actually."
Nom nom nom

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2013, 02:53:31 am »

"Circumstance always adjusts your preconceptions. A killer is not always a murderer, and a thief does not always steal from the undeserving."
"I'm classifying myself as a killer, you know? I'm well aware of that.""

Clair listen to the game "I going to sit out of this one, not a fan of gambling."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:10:30 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2013, 04:04:02 am »

((Life stuff! Game sounds fine, all who want to play can PM their coin status, and I'll do rolls when I get back in this evening.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2013, 08:37:22 am »

"So did anyone bring a dagger?"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2013, 09:51:02 am »

"On second thought, i'll keep my money. Sorry"
[/quote]

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2013, 12:32:12 pm »

((In answer to scapheap, the Mira resemble attractive humans, but usually sightly taller and thinner, with longer hair. They have patches of scales on their bodies, to what extent and where varies, and their coloration varies extremely and exotically between individuals.
 GWG, waitlisted.
 GiglameshDespair, what Dwarmin said essentially.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2013, 01:59:10 pm »

As the three player place their coins in the middle of the table, a bald, and evidently drunk, dwarf with a scar across his left cheek and short red stubble pushes in between the mira and the elf, plonking a tankard of firewhisky and a stack of 5 gold on the table, along with the other coin stacks. Noticing a glance at his drink, he begins to speak.
 ‘Don’t look at me like that. This is the only decent drink in this hellhole of a city. Good thing I’m headed home soon. Can’t exile me forever, clearly. But where are my manners? The name’s Ironwrit, and I’m joining you ladies in your game. Been a long time since I bet against a drow.’
 The dwarf addresses his comments directly to Ryxa, before pulling out a dagger and spinning it,
its point coming to rest on Kyle. Passing a set of dice round, the dwarf makes his roll.

Ironwrit (4)
Ryxa (5)
Rylath (1)
Kyle (1+3)
Ryxa, Kyle and Ironwrit all reveal their coins face up, but Rylath reveals his to be face down with a flourish, scooping in all 20 coins. Another 5 coins each later, and the dagger comes to rest on Ryxa.
Ironwrit (5)
Rylath (4)
Kyle (2)
Ryxa (2+2)
Ryxa and Kyles coins again turn face up, but both Ironwrit and Rylath turn face down, leaving Kyle as the only loyalist, and Ironwrit takes the pot, grinning. As Ryxa drops out, the dwarf hops down from his seat and grins at her.
 ‘Tell you what, come find me in my shop, down the other side of town. Might make you something, if you ask nicely. After all, everyone, likes a spot of company.’
 With that, he turns to leave, shouting out as he does so,
 ‘Ironwrits forge, just in case.’

(total wins/losses: Ryxa -10g, Rylath +15g, Kyle -10g)

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2013, 02:08:43 pm »

Kyle pouts and slouched down in his seat.
"You know I normally play card games."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2013, 03:46:03 pm »

"There was no really skill there, luck went against you, don't make excuse for something you have no effect on."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2013, 06:46:49 pm »

Rylath grins and then splits his winnings into 3 pile's of 5 before sliding 1 pile each to Kyle and Ryxa.  He leaves the last pile as a tip for the barkeeper in the center of the table.  "Can't say I really have any use for gold at the moment, and I figure you two might like to pick up some gear of your trades before we start on a job.  As for the job, I'm going to go look around town a bit, maybe buy some nice gloves or some such before talking to that Ironwit.  I'll leave one of you up to signing us up for the dwarf cloth delivery, just mention that there might be a dwarf joining us... perhaps Ironwit would be interested in hitching a ride along,  Good day ladies, and Kyle... oh by the way Kyle if you are going to wander down to the thieves den take me along, I'd hate to see you come back missing some important bits."   With a flourish Rylath bows and prepares to walk out the door.  ((Heading slowly across town looking for interesting shops and places while moving towards Ironwits shop, wait long enough for anyone to say something in return.))
Nom nom nom

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2013, 06:53:41 pm »

"An interesting game it would seem." Leave and sign everyone up for the job. Search for any shops that may sell cloth armor, or a light leather top. (Preferably the leather.)

((My interpratation of what i'm wearing))

Head- Face Scarf
Body- Wool top
Legs- Wool leggings
Feet- Leather shoes.
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2013, 07:09:15 pm »

"Hey Rylath, wait up I'll join you!"
Kyle puts a quarter of his pile on the table and follow Rylath through town.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44