Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Inferno MOO (Multiplayer Text-Based Post-Apocalyptic Roleplaying Game)  (Read 21664 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

SOo I was going to start and see how I like this. If I like it, I might form a band of raider-type guys. Who is with me if I decide to do that?

I'd be up for that, never MOO'd before!
PVP takes experiance, and also if you grieff you will be grieffed its best to lay low when you first start your moo-ing, if you grieff people with the N tag then you are the scum of the earth. But having a pvp corp can be really fun.

Understood. And I always thought RPing a group of mercs or raiders could be fun.

Also, 'Request <name> for <email address>' isn't wokring for me, any fixes? I've made sure everything is correct. What's wrong?

Fuck my intelligence

thepotatospirit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SOo I was going to start and see how I like this. If I like it, I might form a band of raider-type guys. Who is with me if I decide to do that?
I'd be up for that, never MOO'd before!
PVP takes experiance, and also if you grieff you will be grieffed its best to lay low when you first start your moo-ing, if you grieff people with the N tag then you are the scum of the earth. But having a pvp corp can be really fun.

Understood. And I always thought RPing a group of mercs or raiders could be fun.

Also, 'Request <name> for <email address>' isn't wokring for me, any fixes? I've made sure everything is correct. What's wrong?

Fuck my intelligence
Kay well, first off, RP isn't enforced and I wouldn't over all encourage it. people usually associate RPers with Sexhabers and that doesn't turn out well.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Yep... fuck my intelligence.

Alright then. THought you were reffering to my screw up with the lone qoute

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mathias_muckson says, "I'm the second best in the world at wrestle."
I've tested multiple things as far as progress goes, they're adding a new map area called artillery town. also jobs
scratch gulfer                400  0/10     10/10   --
mall cop                      150  0/5      15/15   --
gryllin'                      250  6/7      1/10    Now
clone exterminator            100  0/6      10/10   --
pterrorizer           450    the crater rim
glandiator            350    Tortuga Island
marathoner            400    the Artillerytown
ghost miner           400    the Artillerytown
also theres luchadore masks, and a shop to buy bikes in where you can get warthogs and shit. ride requirements for those were reduced.
I'll give it a go and see if I like it. Not tonight but maybe tomorrow, Sunday or Monday at the earliest. If I do like it count on me to at least have Medic and Repair tagged, but not Craft because I'd rather go around geeking stuff than making stuff for other people to geek with.

My preference is more for PVE but I can stomach PVP as long as the playing field is level. Once we start dealing with abominations you can count on me to get the fuck out of dodge.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

thepotatospirit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool, what name are you going to sign with, hale or I will hire you.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:22:51 pm by thepotatospirit »

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok so I've set up a corp called JERK. Anyone can join so uh, you should join. We've got an hq and stuff.

MsTroika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Always nice to see some new blood. Hurry up and get strong so you guys are worth killing!

thepotatospirit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Always nice to see some new blood. Hurry up and get strong so you guys are worth killing!
fite me neeeeerd flex flex flex.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that's a tough one. I don't want to give out my handle in InfernoMOO just yet and I don't want to join a corporation until I get settled. Furthermore someone else has scouted me already. They offered me some help and some guidance and even sold me more on InfernoMOO than you and the others in this thread did. I'm inclined to join their corporation because of that and the guaranteed presence of a crafter, a security expert, and at least a few newbie-friendly individuals. If you could be as kind to sell me on what your corporation has to offer then I'll weigh the two options and get back to you in a day or two at the earliest.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that's a tough one. I don't want to give out my handle in InfernoMOO just yet and I don't want to join a corporation until I get settled. Furthermore someone else has scouted me already. They offered me some help and some guidance and even sold me more on InfernoMOO than you and the others in this thread did. I'm inclined to join their corporation because of that and the guaranteed presence of a crafter, a security expert, and at least a few newbie-friendly individuals. If you could be as kind to sell me on what your corporation has to offer then I'll weigh the two options and get back to you in a day or two at the earliest.

Just to be clear, I'm pretty sure I know who you are juts because not joining a corp for several days is kind of unusual.
Also you do know that corporations aren't permanent, right? If you join one and dislike it you can just resign and join another one. It's really not a big deal. Playing hard to get probably won't accomplish much.

thepotatospirit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well if you're convinced then join them, they've probably got good intentions and want to appropriately look after you. This thread ISNT about people joining specific corps, its about people joining the game

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After yet another year-longish gap between playing another hellmoo incarnate i've started playing this one. No complaints here, active playerbase, active admins, no drama of the stupid kind. Definitely the best since pre-madafuckup HATEmoo. I'm Mason ingame btw.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well if you're convinced then join them, they've probably got good intentions and want to appropriately look after you. This thread ISNT about people joining specific corps, its about people joining the game
Well Rolande sold me on JERK just moments after I  made this post so it's all good. My character is Delphinus, after the dolphin star.

- edit - - REDACTED -
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:39:07 am by MadMalkavian »

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well Rolande sold me on JERK just moments after I  made this post so it's all good. My character is Delphinus, after the dolphin star.

- edit - I had fun last night but now with a member of SPERG stating their desire for me to act as a double agent, threatening my character with violence and stating she wishes to declare war on JERK for the hacking of several Gangland cameras last night I'm inclined to once again not play this sort of game due to the looming reminder that player-versus-player combat is forced and always an open possibility. I know what I said before but truth be told I refuse to engage in player-versus-player combat under any circumstance and am reminded once more the reason that always led to me not wanting to play HellMOO, HateMOO and now InfernoMOO - mandated player-versus-player combat which you cannot opt out of. I'll return if things cool down or if they decide to make player-versus-player combat optional or I develop a masochistic streak. I'm sorry but that's just how things are.

You are really taking things way too seriously, heh; this game may not be for you. Anyway, Namine is just sort of like that.

Shrug.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ignore what I had said in my previous posts. I'll continue with InfernoMOO. I'm sorry for my ramblings, I just haven't been feeling very well mentally these past few days. If you guys want me to be a crafter in the near future I'd be willing to reroll if I got bored of the whole geeking everything in sight deal.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:38:18 am by MadMalkavian »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7