Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Inferno MOO (Multiplayer Text-Based Post-Apocalyptic Roleplaying Game)  (Read 21635 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Just a little bit of advice - give me some room to make my own mistakes and perhaps learn my own style and methods of playing the game. It would make things a lot easier on me and would perhaps cause me a lot less pain and frustration. I appreciate the help but sometimes the lot of you give a little too much help and it takes the fun out of the game.
By giving this advice publicly for this game, you have made a target of yourself. Just get out now. They don't care about your lack of pain or frustration. Most like giving it.
Already got the fuck out of dodge. Personally I think my biggest mistake was wanting to play with you people instead of against you.

If you find a corp of players to ally yourself with, you can play with a lot of people instead of against them. At this point in the game (unless things changed in the last week or so, I've been a bit busy and unable to play as much), people don't even grief a lot, as there aren't enough players around that they really want to bully people off the game (yet). If you aren't a public annoyance people hardly even care, especially if you aren't that powerful. I've stayed out of PVP almost entirely so far, except for while playing that fun little King of the Hill game. I am going to kindly suggest that you are overreacting just a tiny bit, and I mean this with no offense towards you whatsoever.
Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather play a game that isn't InfernoMOO instead.
You do realize that you're making yourself look like a dick in front of everyone, right? Everyone is trying to be nice, but I'm just going to be blunt and flat out say it. You're being a whiny dick.

Anyways, I've always been intrigued with this game every since an acquaintance of mine randomly suggested it in conversation. I've tried it sparingly, eventually losing interest, but I'd love to get into it. A few questions though regarding MUDs in general, since I have minimal experience in them. What is combat generally like, is it slowed paced due to the interface or is it very much "You die quickly if you fuck up?" Also, how's the community for this game in general? I'm sort of getting an EVE-like vibe from the game in terms of corporations, is there a lot of corporate warfare/espionage in this game?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a little bit of advice - give me some room to make my own mistakes and perhaps learn my own style and methods of playing the game. It would make things a lot easier on me and would perhaps cause me a lot less pain and frustration. I appreciate the help but sometimes the lot of you give a little too much help and it takes the fun out of the game.
By giving this advice publicly for this game, you have made a target of yourself. Just get out now. They don't care about your lack of pain or frustration. Most like giving it.
Already got the fuck out of dodge. Personally I think my biggest mistake was wanting to play with you people instead of against you.

If you find a corp of players to ally yourself with, you can play with a lot of people instead of against them. At this point in the game (unless things changed in the last week or so, I've been a bit busy and unable to play as much), people don't even grief a lot, as there aren't enough players around that they really want to bully people off the game (yet). If you aren't a public annoyance people hardly even care, especially if you aren't that powerful. I've stayed out of PVP almost entirely so far, except for while playing that fun little King of the Hill game. I am going to kindly suggest that you are overreacting just a tiny bit, and I mean this with no offense towards you whatsoever.
Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather play a game that isn't InfernoMOO instead.
You do realize that you're making yourself look like a dick in front of everyone, right? Everyone is trying to be nice, but I'm just going to be blunt and flat out say it. You're being a whiny dick.

Anyways, I've always been intrigued with this game every since an acquaintance of mine randomly suggested it in conversation. I've tried it sparingly, eventually losing interest, but I'd love to get into it. A few questions though regarding MUDs in general, since I have minimal experience in them. What is combat generally like, is it slowed paced due to the interface or is it very much "You die quickly if you fuck up?" Also, how's the community for this game in general? I'm sort of getting an EVE-like vibe from the game in terms of corporations, is there a lot of corporate warfare/espionage in this game?

In InfernoMOO and the other HateMOOs, combat usually doesn't take too long, and is generally sort of fast. There isn't a ton of input you can do during a battle that will do anything for you, besides powerattacks, grabs (if you are muscular), or feints (if you are brainy). Most of it is gearing up and "kill thing". It can differ depending on the MUD you are playing, though...one game I play has space battles that can take like half an hour to complete.

There is usually a decent amount of corpwars, but I haven't really seen them as much in Inferno so far compared to the other HateMOO games I've been a part of.  The community is...unique. You really have to experience it for yourself.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So the armor revamp appears to be coming soon. Here are the numbers they're looking at currently.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So the armor revamp appears to be coming soon. Here are the numbers they're looking at currently.

Bu-but...my reinforced cage armor. Sad day has come.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems pretty good, actually. The immense variety of armor sort of dictated that this sort of thing was coming eventually. I hope certain things stay, like being able to stack ballistic face masks and other oddities.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's interesting that you may be able to basically nullify specific damage types with certain combinations. For instance, with those numbers dual basilisk hide would give you 14-42 slash. Then again that's an average of 28 which means that it would only block you attack completely half the time if you're doing 28 slash. Still really good. I'm curious how this will play out.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right now the main power is divided between 2 corps, JERK and WUTANG with JERK getting the upperhand lately. Despite our name I think we're fair and just overlords who smite only the wicked. Would be nice if we got a bit more players so a 3rd or 4th corp could function well. Hale/Tahin, founder and co-holder of JERK appears to be going off the deep end in making a brainy zombie so we may be looking for people to usurp him.

ITS SO TERRIBLE TAHIN. JESUS.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right now the main power is divided between 2 corps, JERK and WUTANG with JERK getting the upperhand lately. Despite our name I think we're fair and just overlords who smite only the wicked. Would be nice if we got a bit more players so a 3rd or 4th corp could function well. Hale/Tahin, founder and co-holder of JERK appears to be going off the deep end in making a brainy zombie so we may be looking for people to usurp him.

ITS SO TERRIBLE TAHIN. JESUS.

O... kay?

MsTroika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you decide to go abom, make sure you have a buddy that can cook abom meals for you. With two reflex implants and a good abom meal, you can get up to 27 reflexes! (for short periods). This is enough to speedcap just about any melee weapon, turning you into a tornado of destruction.

For those unfamiliar, abom meals are a basic food (usually a combo meal) that has large amounts of buff drugs cooked in, enough to kill any normal person-- aboms are immune to drug-induced heart attacks and can thus imbibe as they desire.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So wutang just burned all their stuff and abyssed. Rip.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The big players really, the other half have either made a new corp, joined JERK or still deciding what to do.

Its been talked about for a while but the armour revamp and possibly other stuff are still on the way and will be put in fairly soon. Also Fairfield is up and running now.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you decide to go abom, make sure you have a buddy that can cook abom meals for you. With two reflex implants and a good abom meal, you can get up to 27 reflexes! (for short periods). This is enough to speedcap just about any melee weapon, turning you into a tornado of destruction.

For those unfamiliar, abom meals are a basic food (usually a combo meal) that has large amounts of buff drugs cooked in, enough to kill any normal person-- aboms are immune to drug-induced heart attacks and can thus imbibe as they desire.
That isn't quite accurate, unless abom recieved a buff. Aboms are immune to ADDICTION from drugs, which decreases drug effectiveness slightly. They still need endurance to not die from ODing.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

thepotatospirit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Inferno MOO (Multiplayer Text-Based Post-Apocalyptic Roleplaying Game)
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2013, 11:52:06 am »

The mayoral election is going on in FC, tahin stop being inactive you fuck and make me the mayor with your power, of  voting. also armor revamp is in, admins are working on some more minor stuff right now, but from the way it sounds there will be a weapons revamp soon before they get into the meat of new content.

Crabnumber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2013, 05:19:51 am »

well.

we let polaris become mayor.

don't really need to say anything more.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2013, 06:47:19 am »

What.

IIRC That retard was yelling at my face SEXHABER when I was just chilling in my corpmate's place.

He even came over, urinated on the door, spammed yell SEXHABERS for about 30 minutes.

Then he corpchallenged me, and proceeded to quit the game.

That was hellmoo, but if THAT polaris is the same polaris I think he is, then you guys fucked up big time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7