Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37

Author Topic: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?  (Read 42843 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?
« Reply #525 on: July 24, 2013, 09:56:20 am »

If you think that petition is anything but trolls trying to get microsoft to be dumb then you need to reevaluate your mental capacity.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 24, 2013, 10:49:35 am »

If you think that petition is anything but trolls trying to get microsoft to be dumb then you need to reevaluate your mental capacity.
Thing is, you fail to realise that there will have been people serious about it. There always is.

Well, of course. Though I like the idea of people helping Microsoft pick up the noose they dropped. Ooo, morbid. :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 28, 2013, 12:34:38 pm »

Guys.
This. http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/29/ps4-will-automatically-download-remote-psn-purchases/
This is infuriating. People were whining their heads off about Xbox One always online, and now this? PS4 did the exact same things, they just avoided the words "always online."
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 28, 2013, 12:43:20 pm »

Well, only one thing to do now.

Let's decide whether to hate on the PS4 here or on a new thread!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 28, 2013, 12:44:15 pm »

I'm not seeing your side of things here... does it mean that you are absolutely required to keep your PS4 connected?  No. 
It sounds more like a convenience feature for people to buy stuff on their iThing while not at home, so they don't have to wait for it to download after they get home.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 28, 2013, 01:32:57 pm »

I'm not hating on PS4, I don't care about the always on thing either way, I'm just saying that it's annoying that people are so hypocritical about it.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 28, 2013, 01:38:15 pm »

But they aren't? That seems to be saying that, if you buy somehting when not home, it automatically downloads if your ps4 is online. Plus, any feature like that almost always has an off setting to help manage bandwidth. Just means you can buy a new game online at work, and it's installed and ready to go when you're home.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 28, 2013, 01:39:53 pm »

But they aren't? That seems to be saying that, if you buy somehting when not home, it automatically downloads ifwhether or not your ps4 is online. Plus, any feature like that almost always has an off setting to help manage bandwidth. Just means you can buy a new game online at work, and it's installed and ready to go when you're home.
Minor fix.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 28, 2013, 01:48:13 pm »

They're hardly the same, one punishes you for not having an internet connection, one installs games you purchased if you left your playstation on standby. Its not even apples and oranges, its apples and finding a rotting horse head on the kitchen worktop.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 28, 2013, 02:03:22 pm »

But they aren't? That seems to be saying that, if you buy somehting when not home, it automatically downloads ifwhether or not your ps4 is online. Plus, any feature like that almost always has an off setting to help manage bandwidth. Just means you can buy a new game online at work, and it's installed and ready to go when you're home.
Minor fix.

No, it downloads whether or not your PS4 is Asleep, big difference. It would be impossible to tell your PS4 to download if it's not on the net. It just stays connected while it's asleep, like every current gen console has the option to do.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 28, 2013, 02:42:52 pm »

Oh, haha. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean the initial internet connection required thing, I meant the people who were complaining about things like the Kinect could use voice to turn on the Xbox.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 28, 2013, 03:30:17 pm »

Oh, haha. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean the initial internet connection required thing, I meant the people who were complaining about things like the Kinect could use voice to turn on the Xbox.
It's still not really comparable. The downloads aren't monitoring you.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 07, 2013, 03:36:45 pm »

http://au.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-on-xbox-ones-advertising-potential-6415386
Quote from: Yusuf Mehdi
"We are trying to bridge some of the world between online and offline. That's a little bit of a holy grail in terms of how you understand the consumer in that 360 degrees of their life."

"We have a pretty unique position at Microsoft because of what we do with digital, as well as more and more with television because of Xbox,".
"It's early days, but we're starting to put that together in more of a unifying way, and hopefully at some point we can start to offer that to advertisers broadly."

Quote from: 1984, George Orwell
"The telescreen recieved and transmitted simultaneously. Any sound Winston made, above the level of a very low whisper, would be picked up by it; moreover, so long as he remained within the field of vision which the metal plaque commanded, he could be seen as well as heard. There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever the wanted to. You had to live- did live, from habit that became instinct- in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:38:50 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 07, 2013, 03:42:25 pm »

I thought that the XBone always-on reminded me of something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 07, 2013, 03:58:44 pm »

Through its Kinect camera, the Xbox One will have a window into players' living rooms. This opens up a "huge new trove of data" about how people are interacting with TV ads...
Yikes. That's... really creepy. They do say they won't send any data without asking, but even that article is creepy. Read it. Also this:
Penello suggested that because the Xbox One's Kinect can read facial expressions and determine levels of engagement, Microsoft could provide this data to advertisers.

"This is the point that seems to draw some controversy," Penello said.
"Seems to draw some controversy". Heh.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37