Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?  (Read 42827 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?
« Reply #510 on: July 08, 2013, 07:21:40 pm »

You should read the Windows 8 EULA. It's hilariously evil.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 08, 2013, 07:50:43 pm »

Yuck, three versions. There's a different one for upgrading an existing windows computer, getting a windows computer from a manufacturer, and installing it on a custom-built computer. But I'll check it out- tomorrow, maybe, or later this week.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 08, 2013, 07:53:53 pm »

Among other things, it forces you in the event of a lawsuit to issue a formal declaration, resolve the suit not in court but rather by using an arbitrator supplied by a lobbying group, and give them time to bribe the guy before the arbitration.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 08, 2013, 07:57:39 pm »

I'm not great on law, but isn't that technically illegal? (I understand that even if it is, being such a large company, they are probably allowed to get away with it)
The bribery part is speculation on my part. It actually just says you have to give them a couple of weeks after the trial has been set up but before the trial starts for them to prepare.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 08, 2013, 08:23:07 pm »

I strongly suspect that EULA writers are aware that the agreement is almost certainly wholly invalid as a legal document and even if it isn't almost every term would be struck down as illegal (killing the entire agreement in most jurisdictions), but that they still put in as many ridiculous terms as possible to intimidate people into not taking legal action against the company.

e: Like how parking firms frequently send you invoices for parking fines they know they have absolutely no legal right to collect, and hope you'll just pay it without realizing that.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:28:20 pm by Leafsnail »

ConsUme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 23, 2013, 07:40:11 pm »

ARE YOU F***KING KIDDING ME

GAMERS ARE PETITIONING THAT THEY WANT THE ORIGINAL POLICY BACK...!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/11/fans-petition-for-microsoft-to-restore-original-xbox-one-policies
Goddamit SourceForge

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 23, 2013, 07:41:30 pm »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/11/fans-petition-for-microsoft-to-restore-original-xbox-one-policies
This is pretty old news, and it's absolutely fucking retarded.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 24, 2013, 01:59:08 am »

This is pretty old news, and it's absolutely fucking retarded.
Well Microsoft doesn't seem to be compromising for the family share ideas so what choice do players have anymore. Look if it gets passed im not going to lose any sleep by it, and microsoft would probably feel that they did make a impact.

edit: holy lord those petition comments :P

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 24, 2013, 03:15:03 am »

Some people signed it just so microsoft crash horribly by putting back the awful DRM.
Yeah, it became that retarded.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 24, 2013, 06:25:20 am »

Do you know what? Just let them do it.
It's not like it'll affect me. If other people want their 'revolutionary new features' then by all means let them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 24, 2013, 07:57:31 am »

Well Microsoft doesn't seem to be compromising for the family share ideas so what choice do players have anymore. Look if it gets passed im not going to lose any sleep by it, and microsoft would probably feel that they did make a impact.

Yeah, except it turned out they were NEVER going to do the family plan thing people seemed to think they were. You were just going to be able to share a demo-version that bugged you to buy it, not the real game.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 24, 2013, 08:01:47 am »

Yeah, except it turned out they were NEVER going to do the family plan thing people seemed to think they were. You were just going to be able to share a demo-version that bugged you to buy it, not the real game.
Isn't that what it was always going to be? It seemed pretty clear that they were going to have it be limited.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 24, 2013, 08:11:17 am »

Yeah, it was always going to be that. But there was a lot of hope and rumour going around and Microsoft benefited from it so they didn't do much to naysay it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 24, 2013, 09:50:57 am »

Clearly some of those signatures are a complete joke. It's just too terrible to be otherwise,

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 24, 2013, 09:53:23 am »

Please put the features you were promising back in, such as:

- Not being able to buy or sell used games
- Making the console unusable when your internet connection is not working (IE, the time I usually play a console)
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37