Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268213 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Updates
« Reply #4695 on: October 26, 2014, 08:13:56 pm »

Wait, we could put Ross in? OK, VOTE CHANGE!

THREE VOTES FOR ROSS

(As a scrawny little guy with no magical talent, no muscles, and no redeeming characteristics whatsoever. In short, he can be the stereotypical, too-thin nerd with protruding ribs who will act as a meatshield)

;)

Alrighty, now to do some armor-reevaluating.
In a spoiler, too, to save post length for everybody who doesn't want to read my ideas for armor stuff!
(Ross should learn from me, and use this for those horrible character-sheet posts.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As always, IF YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA, I WANT TO HEAR IT! Especially if you can back it up with a reliable source. Most of this is going off of information I learned a while ago.

And, since Ross has been lazy about making me a materials list.... I'm gonna ask everybody to think of all the materials from this game that are applicable to this game, give them to me in posts and stuff, and I will then update a materials list with some highly specific goals which will be hidden in another wonderful spoiler (Hint, hint, Ross ;)) along with my limited metallurgical knowledge.

Spoiler: Materials List (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:18:34 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: October 29, 2014, 08:19:11 pm »

I'm actually an archer, so I did put thought into it.  :P

I'd I'd like to keep existing damage types, though.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: October 30, 2014, 03:25:16 pm »

I was just classifying by weapon, to demonstrate effectiveness.
It's still just my opinion, however, so feel free to use whatever you like. I'm just being my very realistic self and making values as close as I can. I can also change them back, put my values in a separate list, whatever. It doesn't really matter to me-I just like my hyper-realistic (And thus, DF's combat system :) ) weaponry details.
Or, at least, well-structured game setup.

By the way, material list... What are the most important and/or most common materials that I didn't put in the list?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: October 30, 2014, 09:47:10 pm »

I'd say adamantium and mithral should be very different.

Essence of Orichalcum might be important, considering I now have a sword made of it.

Adamantium would be heavy but incredibly strong and hard and difficult to forge(tungsten-level heat resistance, anyone?)
Mithral would be probably as strong as really high quality steel, even when low quality, but even better, it would have the weight of aluminum. Also difficult to forge, but that's because it can become brittle and it's delicate to work with without fucking up.

ALUMINUM ARMOR BEHOLD
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: October 31, 2014, 07:26:37 am »

OK, so, basically, you want to take DF's adamantine and split it, into a super-heavy, super-strong, really heat-resistant adamantine, and into a super-light, super-strong, brittle Mithril.

I'm thinking LOTR Mithril, but, whatever. I just like Mithril as a name more than adamantine. So, what's essence of Orichalcum like? Hard, soft, heavy, special properties? Heat resistance? Rarity? I just need some details and I'll put it on the list.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: October 31, 2014, 02:26:37 pm »

Yeah, this. It's worth noting that True is of dramatically higher purity than common mithral.

Orichalcum is a golden/bronze color, and is almost a superconductor.  It's stupidly rare, which is why most of it is refined into Essence and mixed / used in glass.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: October 31, 2014, 03:34:55 pm »

OK, then, I'll edit the materials list, and/or repost in an edit here.
So, Ross, what do you think about the current Mithril stats in the materials post? Do you think that Rolepgeek's stats for Mithril are better?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: October 31, 2014, 07:18:57 pm »

OK, so, basically, you want to take DF's adamantine and split it, into a super-heavy, super-strong, really heat-resistant adamantine, and into a super-light, super-strong, brittle Mithril.

I'm thinking LOTR Mithril, but, whatever. I just like Mithril as a name more than adamantine. So, what's essence of Orichalcum like? Hard, soft, heavy, special properties? Heat resistance? Rarity? I just need some details and I'll put it on the list.

Not super heavy, but heavier than basic steel, yeah, and far, far stronger. Mithril, on the other hand, would be light but very strong for it's size (basically it's titanium in magic-land).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: November 04, 2014, 07:11:42 am »

I like.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: November 04, 2014, 07:38:20 am »

*shrug*

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: November 04, 2014, 08:21:37 pm »

Alrighty, you like what?

"I like" tells me nothing.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: November 07, 2014, 09:39:48 pm »

Rolepgeek got my intents.

*waiting for IC*

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: November 08, 2014, 12:09:03 pm »

Then I will edit the list.

DONE.
This is just, for now, a list of metals/materials in the game. Later it will include more stuff, like details of the metals/materials. So, for now, I would like the names of every weapon/armor-making material in the game, and basic qualities. Hardness, weight, those sorts of things. These first few do not have a quality list, because I know about them, but I will put iron's qualities in in a format that will show what I'd like to have ;).
So, to start:

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4708 on: November 08, 2014, 12:56:25 pm »

@madman
I'd apply the damage debuff for unbacked chainmail to piercing as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGu4bpb4eTI

Votes:
Ingvar the swordsage/boardgame master
Ainir the perfectionist engineer firegiant

And to round them off, looking for someone charismatic/independent.
So either Ottunnort the toad dreadnaught or Jaycius the templar if he gets more fleshed out, (the card games in particular might set him up with the others).
Maybe Kaz, but he's too quiet by himself.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: November 08, 2014, 01:19:51 pm »

Very well.

Excellent source, by the way.

Oh, and why is nobody voting about the pirate attack?
Come on people, VOTE FOR THE PIRATE ATTACK!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 01:25:42 pm by Madman198237 »
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 332