Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268673 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread-Adventures in Being Next to a 82,018 Acre Arson, 10% Contain
« Reply #4530 on: September 21, 2014, 06:19:14 pm »

It's possible to listen at a corner without leaning around it in an incredibly obvious fashion, Madman. Should I specify how well he's hiding next time? :P
Black lives matter.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread-Adventures in Being Next to a 82,018 Acre Arson, 10% Contain
« Reply #4531 on: September 21, 2014, 06:22:28 pm »

Yes, you ought to specify (Sorry if I am just forgetting that you did) that you're on the other side of the corner. And plus, I don't have any clue what the layout looks like-so I don't even know if there are corners. Heck, I don't even know where the room my character just claimed is xD
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: September 21, 2014, 06:25:47 pm »

Somewhere in the bowels of the ship, which probably required walking down some stairs and through uncomfortably cramped hallways.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: September 21, 2014, 06:31:57 pm »

Ah.
I think my character would choose better quarters, but maybe not, if the "best" parts of the ship have been necro-ised.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: September 21, 2014, 06:41:31 pm »

Well, there's not really much choice one can get with a ship. Its cramped inside vertically (and horizontally some places too) of it no matter where you go really (maybe except for the cargo hold or stairs). Gotta try to be as efficient with space as possible, after all. The hold in the bottom is probably the most open space. Not to mention the ship is in mid-repair.

Speaking of Necro-ised: God, I don't even want to imagine the horrible smell after a few days on that ship. You could probably tell it was coming a mile away if you were down wind just by sniffing about for rot.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:44:56 pm by Xanmyral »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: September 21, 2014, 06:49:34 pm »

Maybe because it's been necromancer'd it'll smell, well, at least not bad.
But then again, it probably smells about like a sewer. That was recently flooded with rat poison.
My character, however, may get some practice telekinetically disintegrating things on a molecular level, however. :)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: September 21, 2014, 06:56:36 pm »

I'd agree, but the necromancer in question who's doing the repairs doesn't technically have a sense of smell anymore. I think. Chances are your character may know a sort of 'odor cleansing' (or that molecular disintegration thing) spell though, since it seems like that would be cheap to do and utilitarian.

Magic is pretty pervasive in this setting, even illiterate peasants tend to know a spell or two, such as one that cleans or provides light, so I'd be surprised if such a spell doesn't exist in some form.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:58:10 pm by Xanmyral »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: September 21, 2014, 07:03:49 pm »

I'd still use molecular disintegration, because in using one science word and one FUN word, it makes everything better.
                      ^                  ^
                    Science Word| FUN Word

That and it's good practice for combat....who knows when you may want to rip your enemy's molecules apart and leave him in a puddle on the floor.
Disintegration is such a fun concept---dis, meaning "not", and "integration" meaning combined. Literally, making it so something that once was one thing into many, many little things.

EDIT:
By the way, I meant disintegrating the objects providing the smell, or, at least, some of them. Just making things clear ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:06:25 pm by Madman198237 »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: September 21, 2014, 07:08:09 pm »

There are so many cleaning spells that it would fill libraries. In general, you'd only need a few to make it easy, but image art restoration, medical treatment, the servants of rich folks, etc.

There's virtue in knowing all of the "domestic" types - fine control, high spell levels that contribute to destructive, high-level magic, healing,  attention to detail, etc.  I'd imagine that as an Adventurer, it's entirely possible that they learned folk/hedge magic early in Magic and Powers 101.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: September 21, 2014, 07:19:19 pm »

Somewhere in the bowels of the ship, which probably required walking down some stairs and through uncomfortably cramped hallways.
With corners.
Black lives matter.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: September 21, 2014, 07:37:34 pm »

With corners.
I'mma design a ship with zero corners whatsoever.

And it will be amazing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: September 21, 2014, 07:38:14 pm »

Like a hamster ball?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: September 21, 2014, 07:53:47 pm »

No.

Like a really annoying labyrinth designed by someone with a fear of edges.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: September 21, 2014, 07:54:23 pm »

Rounded corners have no edges.
Black lives matter.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: September 21, 2014, 07:55:24 pm »

Rounded corners have no edges.
...Are you being obstinate on purpose? Without edges, it's not a corner.

And there is such a thing as a soft edge. But a gently curving hallway does not have a corner.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 332