Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268604 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread-Adventures in Being Next to a 82,018 Acre Arson, 10% Contain
« Reply #4560 on: September 23, 2014, 07:53:48 pm »

So, Ross, it was just a case of "Oh, I didn't really MEAN to put you into the worst possible condition I could dream up...
It just sorta happened"

If that stuff just sorta happens, well....Yep. Sounds like a DF forum, alright.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread-Adventures in Being Next to a 82,018 Acre Arson, 10% Contain
« Reply #4561 on: September 23, 2014, 08:45:47 pm »

Sometimes, the dice will work out to where one character accidentally destroys an encounter for the group.

Other time, hilarity ensues.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4562 on: September 24, 2014, 06:32:32 am »

Can't really figure out what Daeth should do right now, though...

Heals are always nice.  ;)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: September 24, 2014, 06:22:36 pm »

Hilarity + DF Forum = Nothing Good
Should I be terrified of anything yet? Or is this just average?

Spoiler: Comedy May Be Present (click to show/hide)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: September 24, 2014, 06:55:46 pm »

You're call for the most part.

Watch out for mages (see: anyone with magical power, which is over three fourths of the setting) because they have a limit break-esq thing, where they can essentially kill themselves to have bullshit-high levels of power. Best bet is to kill them quickly, really, which isn't often hard.

Low MP is just as worrying as low HP, because if you drop beneath enough on MP, you get forcibly stricken to the above, i.e., you die. More of a worry with people who can't do magic as well, as their break wouldn't be as spectacularly lethal to everyone around them.

In general, obey the laws of Shadowrun: Conserve supplies, aim your hits, kill the mages first, and never strike a deal with a being beyond consequences. Note that the last one applies to a few of us, so watch those terms and conditions.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: September 24, 2014, 07:40:58 pm »

So, basically, Ross is perfectly fine with giving the enemies an option that is, logically, not available for us, the players. Right?
So, my character shall be practicing knife-throwing abilities and telekinetic enhancing of said throws. Because knife vs. mage's head is guaranteed to end excellently!

For me....MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: September 24, 2014, 08:06:23 pm »

Well, if the chips are down and it saves your allies... But yeah, you don't want to be throwing that out there on a whim. Its a nuclear option. Most mages, unless they're suicidal, will probably only do that as a last resort since they're death is assured. So either kill one quick, make them think they have a chance of living, or do it while they're unaware really.

We haven't had a mage break on us, although a captured one threatened to. The ones in the fight didn't really have a chance.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: September 24, 2014, 08:11:48 pm »

Prisoners? This is a no-prisoners enterprise, isn't it?
I don't take prisoners.
Somebody else minds prisoners.
Or we may suddenly find ourselves prisoner-less.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: September 24, 2014, 08:19:59 pm »

Prisoners make good human sacrifices to the most noble god of Truth.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: September 24, 2014, 08:23:49 pm »

Yep. You can be all-powerful once, and briefly. If you KNOW that you're going to die, then there's no reason not to.

Laws of Shadow run are good.

Also, bear in mind that Adventuring training does include magical training. The average adventurerer is not average.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: September 24, 2014, 08:25:31 pm »

Average adventurer not being average? OK then.
But I prefer to make my sacrifices during the battle, not afterwards.
Makes clean-up back at base easier, relegated to swords and battle gear, rather than clearing off an altar or the floor or whatever.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread-Adventures in Being Next to a 92,960 Acre Arson, 38% Contain
« Reply #4571 on: September 24, 2014, 08:37:55 pm »

Well, yeah.

Adventurers are special. There's a lot of lost knowledge and not a lot of universities.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread-Adventures in Being Next to a 92,960 Acre Arson, 38% Contain
« Reply #4572 on: September 25, 2014, 01:54:37 am »

Yeah, there's actually two 'kill yourself' abilities - Soulburn and Soulbreak. They're pretty much the same as nuclear power; the Soulbreak is the bomb, while Soulburn is a power plant. And seeing as I control the souls of my ghouls, I can pretty much never run out of MP so long as I have ghouls to burn.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: September 25, 2014, 04:16:28 pm »

Oh, I see how it is.
It's fine if the undead creep has infinite nuclear bombs-worth of power in the form of souls, but I can't even tear ONE measly little person to subatomic particles with us getting blasted by super-mages?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But, anyway, looking forwards to combat. Sounds like there's a few good ways to kill the enemy, and about 4*10101249806123   REALLY good ways to kill yourself. Sounds good! Why don't we all get secondary characters, that are extremely expendable, to send in as nuclear bombs? That sounds like a perfectly good thing to do, right? What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

On a serious note, I thought soulburn simply had long-term bad effects, not killing-me-right-now-as-if-I'm-a-100000-rad-irradiation-victim bad effects.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: September 25, 2014, 08:03:59 pm »

Soulburn is painful and harmful long and short term.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 332