Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268287 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Hmm, more detailed description of upper body? That'll be coming up in an hour or two, not that is bitch about free art.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I give full artistic freedom to the artist. My concept of my character is "Angel in full plate with metal wings and the personality of an Imperial Inquisitor".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Myrln is a winter Fae, with longish black hair that has a silvery streak in it. He has long, sharp features reminiscent of many typical fairies and such - the thin chin, high cheekbones, etc. His skin also has a kinda snowflakey look to it, IIRC. Wasn't it sparkly or something? I forget. Uh... he's lithe but muscled, like one of those Greek statues, and has a perpetual look of amusement on his face.
Now that I've been way too specific in my attempt to remember what Myrln looked like after his Fae transformation, was that good enough?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Oooh jeez, just reading the rules makes me want to join this so bad.
Edit: and now that I see that the first handful of posts (this thread) are from May of last year, i'm a little less excited.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 01:43:25 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

I get the feeling we'll be prodding a few alpha party members we haven't heard from in a few months soon, so if you're worried about a slot, there's hope.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

oh god, that's a lot of stuff to read in the masterpost (not that i can't/won't read it)
oh god this isn't really something you can easily jump into
Black lives matter.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Who in the world would be mean about free stuff?

Oooh jeez, just reading the rules makes me want to join this so bad.

Like Grizz said, a few people might of vanished on us.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Morgred's upper body is bone - of course - but for a shirt it has worn studded leather. The skull is covered in cracks in a runic pattern. The teeth are filed filed to points and what passes for a mouth on a skull is curved into a shit-eating grin. The colour of it's bones is a dirty brown, while the leather it wears is dark brown/black. It's shoulders are fairly wide, evidence of a strong back/arms in life and the bones that make up the arms are quite thick and strong.

How's that for a description?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

How wide are the nares, how pronounced the brow, how square the jaw?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Well, we know Mor and Myr are in. I will send official prods tomorrow, and descriptions when the cast of Act 2 is confirmed.

By the way, there will be an interlude and a one shot between 1 and 2. Working title is Adventurers: Act One And A Half: King of the Hill. Simply described, up to ten level 10 characters will enter a deathmatch / obstacle course / race,  PvP and PvE.

It starts on the beach next to a bar,  goes through several miles of the automated defense system of a paranoid lunatic with more money than God,  through a rainforest filled with mines and highly motivated felons, into a cave system and through a volcano, past a secret government military base, into the Hell Gates, the backside of hell directly to the Ascendant Plane, and finally to a seaside cliff where the survivors are in a  no-holds-barred sprint back to the bar.

I'm not sure what the prize will be, but it is likely to include art and probably a few levels to be distributed among the victors as they please. Yes, you can do teams, but there are exactly three winners.

Flight will do you very little good when it comes to bypassing obstacles, for the record, given the missile batteries discouraging flight above 75 feet.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Does this act 1.5 require new characters? We don't seem to be close to level ten.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

You guys can use existing characters and power level them, or craft new ones. It is outside of canon.

Yes, the Virtues and Flaws requirements will be less stringent.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

That oughta be fun.

Can I ask people not to make super-optimized characters for a race? No Teleportation and Phase-Walk spam type of things?

I'll probably be using some version of my Manavoid Templar.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

In that case, I'd had an idea for some sort of robotic gun platform character.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Teleport is a 10th plus level spell on par with "Mass True Resurrection" and "Permanent Immunity to X."

You are vaguely familiar with Ross as a 60+ level wizard, and without the Greater Artifact Lodestone, his teleport radius is roughly one mile. That might help put the difficulty in perspective. There is a fuckton of math or an imperial fuckton of brute force to do it without accidentally, you know, accidentally teleporting your upper half into the mantle/core/hovering in hard vacuum.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 332