Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268571 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I suggest proofing yourself from shrapnel first though. Its proven dangerous considering Myrln's track record.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

A regular old pipe bomb would probably be more effective.

Hmm, what're the components for the different steels? How many of the material types are alloys?
Either the exotic materials catastrophically negate eachother's properties & crumple to pieces, or there would be a stupid amount of alloys. Different smiths would likely hold exact mixtures as trade-secrets. Hmm, that sounds like fun lore to write.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indeed it does. I can imagine wars probably being fought over that kinda knowledge, depending on the material.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:23:42 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

I'm honestly not well enough versed in chemistry or metallurgy to give real answers.

There are a lot of alloys. I'm not sure how many of you have read Mistborn, but Allomantic metals are very specific mixes. 

And yes, lore it up.  :D

Nice link.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

A murder sword for Thales would probably be,  oh...

True Whitesteel Arnum-aligned Holy Sword +5,  20 MP, Spell: Drain Mana

A weapon that specifically hurts the enemies of his God even more, that can only be wielded by true believers,  extra damage AND damage type,  plus the whole "take back the magic the heathens dared use without proper respect for the One True God" thing.

That, and I would imagine that Thales would probably take great pleasure in forced soul breaking.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Perhaps not- do forcibly-soul-broken people have less control over what they do with it?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:12:36 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's actually a really good question, considering it could be akin to signing a death warrant.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Forcible soul-breaking sounds like ever so much fun.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

A murder sword for Thales would probably be,  oh...

True Whitesteel Arnum-aligned Holy Sword +5,  20 MP, Spell: Drain Mana

A weapon that specifically hurts the enemies of his God even more, that can only be wielded by true believers,  extra damage AND damage type,  plus the whole "take back the magic the heathens dared use without proper respect for the One True God" thing.

That, and I would imagine that Thales would probably take great pleasure in forced soul breaking.
Thank you, that sounds like an amazing weapon, especially if soul-breaking isn't controlled. Swoop in, smite the foes of Arnum, and then fly out as they magically explode.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

My dolt of a character is a blacksmith, you could coax him into making a sword.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Ross, what's a good wood or wood-like material(not ironwood; softer) for making magical musical instruments?

And what does 'Level of Sentience' entail?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

I'm going to  steal blossie from Steven King.

That aside:

http://www.bardwood.com/woods.htm

I'll answer sentience after coffee.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Maybe answer before coffee.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/intelligentItems.htm

That should give you an idea. If you're a Witch, you can have an intelligent item familiar. (See: Morrolan and Blackwand, from the Vlad Taltos series)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Alright. I figured it might be like that, just wasn't sure how multiple tiers of enchanting going towards sentience would work.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 332