Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268573 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

I actually really like that.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Strength Check?

OI, JEWEL, GET OVER HERE!

Thales is actually stronger than Jewel, but I guess that kinda depends on what we're talking about since physical attributes are heavily interconnected.

But one thing I've learned from having to help someone move is that while being strong is nice, having two strong people is a lot nicer.

EDIT: I think I calculated this before, but just to keep it straight in my head:
Health: 10(Base) + 22(Endurance) + (2(Warrior) + 1(Stonesmith) + 1(Adventurer)) = 36, I think, 41 if his Crit+Maj Combo Virtue counts.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:31:31 pm by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Adventurer is a Prestige Class, and gives 2 HP, pretty sure.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

B rank prestige.  2 HP,  2 MP.

A-class is up to 4 without boosting stats, B class is 2, and from there it's regular HP/MP but with bonuses,  like 1 bonus MP per 3 levels, etc.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, so I would be looking at 37. I think that's right at least.

As a laugh, his Mana would be 5 + (13+10/2 v) + (1(Warrior) + 1(Stonesmith) + 2(Adventurer)) = 20, I think.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

I think that sounds right.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its hard to decide if I should sink a feat or two into getting a bit more meat or if I should go for something else. But I guess that depends on the worth of two points of health I suppose. Either way, I'm most certainly shoring up some magical defense with that dosh we got. Gonna need it if we're fighting poncy, spell-slingin' sun elves.

Probably a good shield, considering IC if he gets new armor he'd need to modify it to accept the stone tags adorning his current set. Hard to do such on the go.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:36:05 pm by Xanmyral »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

It could be significant.

Player hat: if you're in a situation where 2 HP will make a difference, you're also in a situation where 2 HP won't make a bit of difference.  I'd either magnify a strength or mitigate a weakness.

If it were me, I'd take some attack power. Like, a charge attack.  Maybe Enhanced Senses or something utility wise. 

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll just steal my edit and put it here:

Actually, Ross, interesting question. With all these fantastical materials with strange properties, is layering/segmenting metal objects via material type a thing? Like in the ye olden bronze days, a good bronze sword would actually be several differently tempered parts and compositions put together. Could such be done on armor or a sword with mixing and matching the more fantastical materials?

Like, say, a sword with a base of the special magically conductive crystal and edged with a good physical material? Or, say, a fancy hammer-pick combo you see every now and again, with the hammer made of a weighty material but the pick portion more of a very piercing one?

While it certainly has uses in weapons, a few could be made with shields and armor depending on how it was composed and the materials in question.

Anyway, you certainly do make a point. If in a situation where I'm desperate for two health, chances are it may not really matter in the end. Imma sit on a few feat ideas and see what comes up when it comes time to nab one.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:38:06 pm by Xanmyral »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Yes, it is possible.

I'm not sure that glass plus metal will quite work, but that's what "Essence of" can be taken to mean.

True Meteoric Iron with Essence of Orichalcum.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Diamond-coated True Meteoric Iron Orichalcum-cored Mystic Diamond Katana.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Diamond katanas are only useful against NPC types.

Use a diamond weapon in normal combat will cause it to shatter like glass.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good to know! Jewel and Sylvari can team up to make some killer weapons and armor then, considering some of said materials are more rock/crystal than metal.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Diamond katanas are only useful against NPC types.

Use a diamond weapon in normal combat will cause it to shatter like glass.
Note to self, use diamond grenades in battle, the shrapnel will be useful.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Might as well sharpen coins and develop a Push spell. Cheaper.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 332