Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268660 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Nun of the above.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

It wasn't THAT bad of a pun.

???

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

I wonder if the first 'secret' treasure is the only one.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I think the secret treasure is just more treasure picks, based on OOC hints. There might be another, though.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I'm taking full and shameless advantage of the mention of word variations for the same material/craft/object in dwarven. Its fun.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I'm taking full and shameless advantage of the mention of word variations for the same material/craft/object in dwarven. Its fun.
Good to see you finally understand the glory of Arnum's light. Rockman peasant.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:59:23 pm by Remuthra »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

A Shaman Seal is around. The Greater Artifact, one of four.

Y'all are almost there. Aside from that, your treasure limit becomes +15

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Shaman Seal?

Ooh, if its earth I'd like to check it out. Wind would be a toss up between Daeth and Thales though, water is all Rurail, and Fire is Sylvari. We might see an interesting reaction then, or at least some understanding. I dunno what may happen if someone tried to use a scroll that they're "diametrically inclined" to (Earth < Wind < Fire < Water < Earth, as an example, although its known to vary), assuming such a thing exists in this universe.

Also, a nice bump up from +10 as I thought before, although that may be because I read that as replacement than additive. Is that similarly for everyone, or is there a communal +10 that we can split up between the five of us as we see fit?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:49:03 pm by Xanmyral »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Bingo. Granted, you're probably NOT going to roll a natural 1,000,000 for  the initial "attunement" roll, but expect something. One can't possess a Greater Artifact and be unaffected.

Every player can pick up to +15 worth.

Player hat,  I'd be quite torn between a weapon of 1HKO, a handful of trinkets, or some sweet armor.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Heh, sweet armor would require a sweet smith to maintain tho.

Gah, shoot, missed the heavy-grinding being jewel-only.
I mean, yes, of course! Was totally intentional & 100% sanctioned.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:04:00 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

What about just a huge magic booster? 50% Mana reduction and power increase, and some side-boosters and/or extra mana pool. 50 mana and 50% mana cost reduction, combined with my current feat, would give me total effective mana pool of somewhere in the vicinity of 215.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

True Ironwood Staff, MP Cost -50%, Spell Amplifier 50%, 20 MP.

All around useful, both as a magical aid and a drubbing stick. Or whatever you please, I'd just advise making sure your magical doom item won't get sundered by a cunning adversary.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

In a...  soon,  Adventuring Party is headed to the tabletop. I'm going to be running a game with the girlfriend and her family / friends.

So, I'm formally asking if I can use your profiles, both current and created, as examples and NPC types.  Also, formal notice of XP if you create Supporting tier minibosses/named enemies, and NPC types (merchant, etc). Grist for the campaign mill,  ha.

If you don't want to, don't worry about it.  :D

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Ehehehehe...

This, this I can do.

What exactly is meant by NPC types? Just profiles for 'generic X'? I can quite possibly make several unique of various types, even.

I don't know if you noticed, but character creation is one of my favorite parts about playing RPGs.

Oh, and of course you have permission! You don't even have to ask, really.

NOTACTUALLYANEDITBUTYOUARENTSUPPOSEDTOKNOWTHAT: What about an instrument or somethin'? Fits Daethwin's style more, and it's more likely that he'd pick that up, rather than the magically pulsing stick over there.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

True Orichalcum Tuning Fork of Doom. Yeah, by all means! Equip yourself as you please. Remember, you're all going to need it,  even more than Alpha did before GODFIGHT happened.

Look on the front page. See how there are hero class, supporting class, and NPC class profiles?

Pretty  much, I can but prefer not to make Generic Melee Mook, Generic Ranged Mook,  Generic Power Mook,  Generic Priest Mook,  Goddamn Bat Mook,  Fucking Debuff Mook, and Boss Mook, and slap on class profiles,  with mildly more effort to turn them into named characters. It works, but... I dunno, it also limits your options a bit.

Good bad guys have many traits,  but they all have personalities. You can believe in them.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 332