Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268633 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

By all means.

Effective roll was 18 and Daeth looked at patterns, so that lead to torches. One more. :D

Once you succeed and get loot, y'all will have the rest of the night IC to interact, should you choose. When you're ready, I'll advance scene to BOSSFIGHT. :D

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

So, you mentioned true material being a +3, does that mean I can snag something of that one metal that's magic resistant? But that does assume that its even there, which it may in all right not be. Being elves though, I doubt it'll come in thick slabs of armor though. Darn dainty elves.

EDIT: Meteoric Iron, that was it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:23:11 pm by Xanmyral »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

So, you mentioned true material being a +3, does that mean I can snag something of that one metal that's magic resistant? But that does assume that its even there, which it may in all right not be. Being elves though, I doubt it'll come in thick slabs of armor though. Darn dainty elves.
Get a Girdle of Bludgeoning Resistance +15.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

I haven't said anything about who lived there before the humans, preferring to leave such details to you guys. Never know what they might have claimed as prizes, though. xD

There are several that are resistant, but True Meteoric Iron would work.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish, Jewel Meteor would be a go then. And laughing at almost all melee beyond a few things meant to beat rock.

Which isn't really a lot that isn't already bludgeoning. Well, to be honest I can only think of a mining pick right now, but I'm sure other things probably exist.

Anyway, secrets abound, what does Jewel do? What he knows. Rocks, that is.

What else would be resistant to magic Ross? The bracelet of elements sounds good, but I'm curious as to how it would stack up against True Meteoric Iron.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Well, I think I'll aim for a murder sword as my puzzle solving reward, for ever more skydiving death.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

In general, "black" variants tend to be against powers, while "white" tend to be more augmenting powers.

Meteor iron and blacksteel are both resistant. It has more soak against other types, but less elemental. Like, say...

Meteoric Iron Buckler - S 3, P 3, Bl 2, Ba 2, F 2, C 2, E 1, A 0, H 1, U 1, D 1, M 4, AP 4, Un 0
Blacksteel Shield - S 5, P 5, Bl 3, Ba 3, F 0, C 0, A 1, H 0, U 0 D 0, M 2, AP 2, Un 0

Slash = S, Pierce = P, Bludgeon = Bl , Ballistic = Ba, Fire = F, Cold = C, Electrical = E, Acid = A, Holy = H, Unholy = U, Death = D, Magical = M, Auric/Psychic = AP, Unblockable = Un

Element is 4 versus the fire, cold, etc.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, suppose it might be too much to hope for a suit of heavy plate made outta Meteoric Iron or Blacksteel. And considering what we've seen so far, I'd prefer to keep unelectrocuted.

But then a shield meteoric iron shield would be a nice sort of in-between, still having a bit of protection against the elements while also offering a bit against a few other things too.

I also just realized I may be the only one on Beta who uses a shield. Rurail might, but I don't think he has a polearm suited for such if I recall. Sylvari may though.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

A shield is a cowardly instrument used by heathen roughnecks who don't know how to take it like a man.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"A shields good for more than just taking and redirecting hits, I practically use it as an alternative bludgeoning tool at times. You'd be surprised how few expect a shield in the face."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Ah, but even fewer expect a sword to the gut. Especially when it goes through the shield.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"No, see, they expect the sword to the gut. That's why they brought a shield. As for going through the shield...got me there. But if you want surprises, how about someone screaming at you loudly enough that your sword shatters?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Blasphemous sword-shattering scum! You must die!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"See, if you had a shield, you could try to beat me to death with it, but all you had was that sword, which is lying there on the ground (in pieces!). Speaking of lying on the ground, wanna hear a rhyme I made?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Sure, and then you can hear one of mine.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 332