Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 267991 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Drinking Tea
« Reply #1710 on: August 18, 2013, 03:10:38 am »

Oh goodness, what have i gotten myself into? sounds like fun and i should probably ready the rest of the thread aye
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1711 on: August 18, 2013, 03:11:27 am »

You're joining them soon, good luck.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: August 18, 2013, 03:35:10 am »

Ah, so she's the true 'paladin' god then.
I'm of the impression Coranthiir is the 'paladin' god, (righteousness, purity, order)(light, animals, healing), and Illeni covers more of a cleric kind of calling, (Healing, Law, Protection) (Archery, Wisdom, Plants).

Adventuring-smiters vs stay at home protectors/healers.

I'd argue perhaps not, but then again in my mind paladins are less 'smitey' more 'protectiony'. You use words when you can, action when words don't suffice, and a blade when nothing else will do. It seems to me that Coranthiir jumps straight to 'blade,' but maybe I'm just getting the wrong look at it. Domain wise I see healing, law, and protection as more paladin than righteousness, purity, and order, as one leads itself to using the law to protect, heal, help, while the other leads itself to the more darker side of lawful behavior.

All of the above is just my opinion though, I personally jus see Coranthiir more as a, if well intentioned, extremist than a paladin, seeing to the law to such a degree that he forgets to see to what is good. Then again, we haven't really seen much of Coranthiir, so I could be entirely wrong, I'm just going from Domain, what Ross has said, and what has been seen.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: August 18, 2013, 03:37:12 am »

No, you see, Coranthiir covers PALADINS, and Illeni covers paladins.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1714 on: August 18, 2013, 03:43:06 am »

No, you see, Coranthiir covers PALADINS, and Illeni covers paladins.
Well said.

In my mind, there is no paladin that isn't a zealot paladin. :-\ Interpretation of lawful good from a neutral bias, I'd say. That and pop depictions.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:44:56 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: August 18, 2013, 03:44:49 am »

Under some definitions, I suppose, but then we're just debating definitions which is just semantics. I just have a high standards for what I call paladins I suppose, I personally just wouldn't call Coranthiir-affair paladins, although there is probably a few that would fit that name due to variances and so such.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: August 18, 2013, 10:31:35 am »

So I take it the first is pantxike

Not quite.

followed by he who sounds like mingan but is actually darshendros, who exchanges with (obviously) coranthiir before the two of them 'leave the sphere' or rather enter the moral realm.

Bingo.

The cryptic one is chelan, warning them not to go beyond 'third tier'.

Yes.

Plain light blue doesn't seem like a shin color.

Doesn't it? Huh.

So I take it the first is pantxike

Not quite.

followed by he who sounds like mingan but is actually darshendros, who exchanges with (obviously) coranthiir before the two of them 'leave the sphere' or rather enter the moral realm.

Bingo.

If the two blues are separate...no idea who's who. Plain light blue doesn't seem like a shin color. Methinks mingan, eyilana, and chelan are three of the four still watching in the eaves. Question is whether pantxike or savoki stayed. I'm going with pantxike- doesn't seem like a brawling kind of god.

You have two correct answers.

M̴̲̩̩̳̣̩͕̙̘̀͝í̷̶͖̟̤̬̰̘̯̰̜̗̹̜̫͘͡ͅn̵̡̢̳̪̺̲̱̻͙͚̪̠͖͈̞̞͕͚̤ͅg͍͚̝̺͙̰̩̲͘͝a̸̡̨̬͉̹͕̣̼̣͞n̵͍͈͚̦͚̜̟͙̘͚̕-̴̴͖̝̰̤̜̭̦͍͙̱́͜͡ͅś̨͕͉̣̫̹͓̱̮̬̖͠p̶̸̫̠͙̜̻̳̣e̫̬͍̬͠ẹ͈̱͈̖̞͇̫͟͝͞͠ć̴̠̳̫͙̝̤͎͚̖͠h̫̞̤͉͍͎͔͍́̕͟ is like so. Every color except the Shin blue.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:15:27 am by Ross Vernal »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: August 18, 2013, 11:28:57 am »

I'd argue perhaps not, but then again in my mind paladins are less 'smitey' more 'protectiony'. You use words when you can, action when words don't suffice, and a blade when nothing else will do. It seems to me that Coranthiir jumps straight to 'blade,' but maybe I'm just getting the wrong look at it. Domain wise I see healing, law, and protection as more paladin than righteousness, purity, and order, as one leads itself to using the law to protect, heal, help, while the other leads itself to the more darker side of lawful behavior.

Coranthiir is definitely fond of HAMMER TIME and SMITE EVIL. Definitely the Lawful kind of paladin.

Illeni prefers to try diplomacy before SMITE EVIL. The Good kind.

All of the above is just my opinion though, I personally jus see Coranthiir more as a, if well intentioned, extremist than a paladin, seeing to the law to such a degree that he forgets to see to what is good. Then again, we haven't really seen much of Coranthiir, so I could be entirely wrong, I'm just going from Domain, what Ross has said, and what has been seen.

That's pretty much right on the spot. Before TWOTG, Coranthiir and Halloran were very close allies who believed that people, of their own free will, will frequently decide to choose evil. While freedom is good, it is more important to do good. When they finally agreed on this principle of human freedom, they took two different routes.

Coranthiir decided that the Law was the Highest Good, as a form of legal and moral restraints to encourage Good. It's not just the written Laws of Man, but Universal Moral Constraints. So if a person stole bread to feed their starving children, they're still getting punished for breaking Written Law, but their sentence is mitigated by their obedience to the Universal Moral Constraint of "don't let your kids starve." (And the person stolen from is guilty of not protecting his goods, for failing to stop the thief in the first place, etc. The local authority is guilty of failing to provide for his subjects,

Halloran decided that Free Will was the Highest Evil, and took it away from his followers so they had no choice but to be Good.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1718 on: August 18, 2013, 02:43:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Riddles. Soo, if not all gods spoke, (which actually must have been true from the start), then war & with who were both mingan, shin now shares arthas's favorite color, and the rainbow isn't pantxike. err...you said it twice sooo...maybe it's a play on predicting the future? Switch the rainbow speaker with eyilana, and the mute gods are pantxike & liagora. Only other option for miss rainbow is liagora, unless gods not present can speak.
Or rainbow is some other speaker that includes pantxike but doesn't include him. 'Not quite' begs the question.

It's also possible shin just got a little excited at the end and let his words slip a bit. In which case Savoki also didn't speak.

Database updated. !Needs more data! Collecting..

Aren't celestial bureaucracies fun?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 02:46:51 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: August 18, 2013, 07:37:52 pm »

Riddles. Soo, if not all gods spoke, (which actually must have been true from the start), then war & with who were both mingan,

There is only one Zalgo line that isn't Mingan, but his brother Shin. It's the blue one.

shin now shares arthas's favorite color

Frostmourne hungers?

and the rainbow isn't pantxike.

He didn't speak.

err...you said it twice sooo...maybe it's a play on predicting the future? Switch the rainbow speaker with eyilana, and the mute gods are pantxike & liagora. Only other option for miss rainbow is liagora, unless gods not present can speak. Or rainbow is some other speaker that includes pantxike but doesn't include him. 'Not quite' begs the question.

I derped upon edit.

It's also possible shin just got a little excited at the end and let his words slip a bit. In which case Savoki also didn't speak. Database updated. !Needs more data! Collecting..

Shin spoke for blood, Mingan spoke for battle. They're brothers, they speak for each other at times.

I wish I had the rest of my God Files. I had the family tree, worshippers, relative power levels..

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: August 18, 2013, 07:58:03 pm »

I wish I had the rest of my God Files. I had the family tree, worshippers, relative power levels..
We need.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: August 18, 2013, 08:05:05 pm »

Coranthiir is definitely fond of HAMMER TIME and SMITE EVIL. Definitely the Lawful kind of paladin.

Illeni prefers to try diplomacy before SMITE EVIL. The Good kind.

For Illeni I'd argue the only kind, but that's just me talking, hehe. If I wind up making a paladin type character for this game, I foresee worship of Illeni and intense philosophical/psychological/Locke vs Hobbes debates with Coranthiir 'paladins.' I gotta admit, I like the dichotomy here as it presents 'paladins' in their best and worst. Hahaha, it would be a rather interesting 'good versus good' kind of fight that I'm sure is probably already a thing in this universe.

That's pretty much right on the spot. Before TWOTG, Coranthiir and Halloran were very close allies who believed that people, of their own free will, will frequently decide to choose evil. While freedom is good, it is more important to do good. When they finally agreed on this principle of human freedom, they took two different routes.

Coranthiir decided that the Law was the Highest Good, as a form of legal and moral restraints to encourage Good. It's not just the written Laws of Man, but Universal Moral Constraints. So if a person stole bread to feed their starving children, they're still getting punished for breaking Written Law, but their sentence is mitigated by their obedience to the Universal Moral Constraint of "don't let your kids starve." (And the person stolen from is guilty of not protecting his goods, for failing to stop the thief in the first place, etc. The local authority is guilty of failing to provide for his subjects,

Halloran decided that Free Will was the Highest Evil, and took it away from his followers so they had no choice but to be Good.

So what's Illeni's view on this debacle? Also Halloran sounds horrifying.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: August 18, 2013, 09:54:02 pm »

Her view is that people tend to do that which they believe is right, but are vulnerable to that which is most convenient.

It's simply a matter of helping people do what is right and not doing what is easy.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1723 on: August 20, 2013, 05:58:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ARgh, REMUTHRA! The ball's in your court dude, you two/three haven't disengaged from the conversation yet.

Btw, what, uh, what are these?
Hey ross, may I & myral share a +1 to party level? Head canon atm, but yep.

You guys have been interacting as friends for a while, so it is safe to assume that you two would have the mind feat and a combo attack feat, yeah.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 06:25:56 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: August 20, 2013, 01:45:56 pm »

Means that Jewel and Rurail have a bonus when working together, and can sorta/kinda explain or give the jist of an idea by a look. It's to show that they've worked together long enough that they know how to work together better.

The combo attack feat would be similar to a, well, combined attack. Maybe it's an optimal back to back fighting, or a stacked assault like said previous with Jewel in the front attacking low while Rurail is in the back attacking high with his pole arm, maybe even that dragoon jump idea given earlier.

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 332