Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268154 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread: Adventures in Adventuring
« Reply #1200 on: July 08, 2013, 11:05:20 am »

Actually, all I want to do is become Defender of the Faith of Arnum. As far as easier goals, though, why not try and start our own adventuring company?
Wow. Way to think small! At the very least? I aim to have that Rosslyn/Rhosslyn/whatever guy be rubbing the back of his head whenever my name is mentioned and say "Oh, yeah. That guy."
'Oh yeah! Heh heh heh. That guy I turned into a couch, yeah him. Heh.'
Meh. I think I have a way to nullify most of his powers, but it may not be possible. Depends if I can bind myself to the very fabric of reality or not.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1201 on: July 08, 2013, 11:40:42 am »

Hm... Hey Beta Party, we can't be showed up by Alpha! We need some crazy plans too! Remuthra has his 'ascend' plan, but we need to think up of a few ourselves...

Howabout: survive.

Meh. I think I have a way to nullify most of his powers, but it may not be possible. Depends if I can bind myself to the very fabric of reality or not.
Liiiiiiiiiiiike...having a physical form?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: July 08, 2013, 12:01:51 pm »

My goal in this game will be the hardest thing to do that you can POSSIBILY imagine!

Be the good guy in this crazy placed with crazy player characters!

I'm lucky, Beta Party isn't actually that bad. Take away crazy angel dude, and it's near easy to achieve. But, Alpha Party...
Eugh! Undead lich dude who loves to kill, crazy angel dude number 1, rampaging bezerker drunk one...
Illusionist warmage and the ex-harem demon girl rogue who actually has a goodish heart are probably the only two that can have a hope of giving an environment where it's about saving people rather than killing people or selfish ends. :P

Not to say Nathan's story won't be grand. I got a couple of tricks up my sleeve

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1203 on: July 08, 2013, 04:29:04 pm »

Huh, actually I figured the crazy ones in alpha were Morgrod & Myrln. Zoah's just arrogant, (and not that badly at that), Neun's quiet, and Tarana just seems....misplaced- not much screen time of that one.

Anywho, the two craziest ones are the ones who know where their mouthpieces are, so alpha seems a lot crazier than it is, or should be.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 04:30:57 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: July 08, 2013, 04:44:59 pm »

Really, I think our only crazy is the angel, and even then more 'honor before reason' taken up a notch instead of crazy honestly. He's a guy who has his opinions, is loud about them, and doesn't like it when people talk bad about it. Dutiful to the fact that its a fault.

Beta's pretty calm all in all, I think. We got a guy who sings magic, a guy who works his gun magic, a guy who is the implacable stone, a guy who is the fish spearman, and the honor before reason angel.

Hm... Think we should talk tactics while we got the chance before combat starts? I imagine just some general 'roles' in combat, which character should focus on what, so on and so forth.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: July 08, 2013, 04:46:50 pm »

Neun's mainly quiet because he knows enough stuff like Morgrod tries to pull could end him up in major trouble. Otherwise, he'd be happy to go all out. ((He is a worshipper of Darshendros, after all.))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 08, 2013, 04:56:47 pm »

I imagine Jewel would do best as the primary melee fighter, with Thales swooping in with his mobility and crushing the enemy between the two. Alternatively, we could attempt Operation Have Thales Use Jewel As A Bomb. As for the others, we have two ranged characters who can wreak havoc from behind Jewel's protection, and we have Rurail who I believe would serve well in a supporting role on the front line, protecting Jewel's flank.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1207 on: July 08, 2013, 05:13:34 pm »

Yep, I'm more of an explorer than a fighter, but I can do so if needed. If we're outdoors, be sure to keep an eye on the casters remuthra- if they get in trouble you can get there first.

-Chink
Ha, like I said, they like their mouthpieces. In spite of your darshendros-ism, you're still one of the saner ones (so far).

-Ross
Updated character sheet. Changed armor, added a goal & included another note on 'Ponderous'.
Badges of honor

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: July 08, 2013, 06:30:22 pm »

Jack and Jill ran up the hill, to fetch a pail of wa~ter;
Jack fell down, and broke his crown;
And you all came tumbling after!

That's how I do combat. :D
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: July 08, 2013, 06:35:03 pm »

Nathan's a very flexible fighter. His weapons allow him to fight at far, medium and close range with a fair bit of devastation, but he's limited on his ammunition and bombs. He has a sword for close combat all the same, and with enough endurance to make an acceptable melee fighter, so he'll be wherever the party is in need.

If we need another melee fighter, he'll be there with a sword and pistol. If we need some AOE or susprise, then bombs away at close range to medium range. If he's just there to pick of enemies one at a time, then rifle will do, sniping off specific enemies.

He doesn't truly excel at one thing, but does enough in all categories bar actual melee to be considered just above Jack of all Trades. His stubborn will and protective compulsion also adds some spice to him so when it gets into a tight situation, he has the ability to overcome them.

So tactically, he's rather useful, but not necessarily a centre piece.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: July 08, 2013, 07:59:55 pm »

So I think I just had something click in my head that may vastly push things in our favor in this universe. I'll explain more on it later, when I put out my tactical ramblings/perspective on Beta.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: July 08, 2013, 08:07:41 pm »

If we're touting our combat roles, Myrln is essentially a support mage. Debuffs, illusions, etc. Of course, he can still pack a punch (elemental mage, yo).
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 08, 2013, 08:10:07 pm »

Thales is essentially heavy cavalry with capabilities as a secondary caster.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 08, 2013, 08:29:30 pm »

Thales is essentially heavy cavalry with capabilities as a secondary caster.
Funny enough, I wanted to call your character what's essentially a 'flying dragoon.'

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 08, 2013, 10:24:56 pm »

That took much longer than I thought.

Spoiler: Tactical Ramblings (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Dammit, I double posted, completely forgot I was the last one who posted.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 332