Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268195 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread: Adventures in Adventuring
« Reply #1215 on: July 08, 2013, 10:35:55 pm »

Yeah, my hope as far as arrows at least go is that by virtue of my armor that at least won't be a problem. Shooting upwards is rather bad for force, and Thales is covered in plate and has wings made of metal, so smaller physical projectiles may not be as much of a problem. I am concerned about spells, though, and that will probably be the greatest thing to watch out for. As for Thales' spellcasting, while he can't cast anything particularly devastating, he should have a decent selection of support spells. For example, I believe I could cast a spell to deprive my enemies of use of their senses by exerting my control over knowledge.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: July 08, 2013, 11:04:38 pm »

For Thales, I can envision two thing that would be most effective.

Pikes. Or ballistas. Or pikes in ballistas.

As for Daeth, his magic centers around songs, you'll need to remember, which means that if there's a song about it, he can probably make it happen. And he's written or found a lot of songs. Plus some souvenirs from the archaeology/forbidden lore stuff. As an example of what he can do, I never used this, but I wrote a short ditty he would have sang if Thales woke up and got pissed. "And lo, see how; The angel is brought low; By the honorless blow of the wicked man's gun; And hey, see now; The heretic brought down; By the thundering roar of the hedonist's gun."

Which basically was a curse that meant every time I sung it, Thales experienced all of the pain and effects Rens heaped on him during their fight. There isn't much on the ramblings, to be honest, simply because music magic is very versatile.  ;D

Unfortunately, spells like Silence or even a gag makes me almost useless.  :-[

As for the mana-damage, I can probably do very well at that, actually. After all, music can affect hearts and souls far more easily than flesh and bones.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 08, 2013, 11:08:21 pm »

I'll keep that in mind...

Any idea when Beta Party will set sail?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: July 08, 2013, 11:09:48 pm »

After Alpha's third round, I believe.

Rolepgeek: We can probably figure out a way where your character can project a voice without needing to physically say it. Warning, side effects may or may not be limited to saying what you're thinking if you're not careful.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: July 09, 2013, 12:42:19 am »

Yes, exactly then. It may even be in the MEGAUPDATE post.

Keep in mind, you initially start out at a horribly punishing rate of MP sharing. The longer you spend together and the more battles you fight, the easier it will get. Past a certain point, I will even accept brief eye contact as "the tactical plan is shared among the members" because y'all share khef pretty well at that point.

Also, mana burn was discussed. It's a pretty good option against minor and low magic users, even if you just force them into Soulburn status. Against moderate to high-level mages, you'll want to just leave them Soulburned. Or something.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 09, 2013, 12:43:50 am »

Question about magic; is it possible to 'focus' magic into different forms? E.g. Diffusing my demoralise spell so it hits more people, but weaker?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 09, 2013, 12:47:08 am »

How does positioning and physics play into combat? Essentially, does gravity affect the strength of projectiles? Does velocity and leverage affect the power of melee attacks?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 09, 2013, 12:49:34 am »

I'd guess 'yes'.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: July 09, 2013, 12:55:50 am »

Yes to all the questions.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 09, 2013, 12:57:32 am »

Alright, nice. That gives me a huge advantage while airborne due to the effects of gravity.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 09, 2013, 01:00:40 am »

Alright, nice. That gives me a huge advantage while airborne due to the effects of gravity.
See what Zoah did during the bandit fight.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 09, 2013, 01:10:05 am »

Zoah would make a brief prayer to his God, and feel a sense of sudden weight around his body. This would have the additional effect of snapping the arrow's tip off and leaving barely enough of the fletching showing to allow him to pull it out later. Not that any of that mattered - he was dropping out of the sky like an anvil, his spear braced and ready to make an Archer Kebab. The archer would frantically reload and fire a snap shot instead of running (Divine Protection absorbs 5 HP damage); this would prove to be the last mistake he made as the angelborn's spear met the top of his head, tearing through the leather helmet as though it weren't even there. The point would emerge from his lower back (24 HP damage; instakill) before Zoah's heavy form crashed into him, killing the archer instantly and soaking the sand with blood.

Obviously, that's more than the d8+1 spear damage... it would have done more than 24 HP if the dude had more than 24 HP. Getting brainspeared and having most of your internal organs ventilated is generally fatal. Especially when coupled by a few hundred pounds of pissed off POWERSLAMMING right into said spear receptacle.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: July 09, 2013, 01:42:32 am »

In regards to LEADERSHIP BONUS:

Units that are lead by one or more people have an automatic bonus to their rolls. This doesn't mean "Someone is telling them what to do", it means "Someone is helping to guide their actions with supernatural powers/khef." With such a thing, group spells and the like become easier. Of course, in mass, it's generally "Everyone casts a specific standard spell for offense or defense, which will give individual and group bonuses", but very rarely both. It will take a while for said bonus to go into effect for your enemies, of course. By the time they will be able to get that for the whole group, you lot will have finished them or you've been imprisoned by then.

No, you guys don't get that bonus.

Yes, given enough time, you will get "Party Feats" that involve one or more members of your party beside yourself to perform. Basically, combo attacks. They will be assigned based on what has been shown so far, so it's not like Zoah and Morgred are spontaneously going to come up with the knowledge of a Divine Deathammer AoE, but something like "Blinding Fire" between Neun and Myrln would be plausible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 09, 2013, 01:45:07 am »

I am immediately thinking of the possibilities of a full party combo.
Hehehe
Anyhow, we're just waiting on UR and Xero, are we not?
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: July 09, 2013, 01:49:21 am »

Oh, you guys will get there, I'm sure. :D

It's just going to start with some small, but useful tricks. The first step is the easiest, but from there it gets harder to achieve.

Yes. If I don't see anything by the time I am back from the UC Berkeley Botanical Gardens tomorrow, I will initiate my starting the actual post. If there is, I'll still do so. xD
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 332