Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268824 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #3180 on: March 28, 2014, 05:39:43 pm »

@Role: Jewel will tip off the weapon's material if fighting starts, most likely sooner though. How often does one see rare crystal weapons after all?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: March 28, 2014, 05:43:05 pm »

Daethwin can tell it's crystal at least; his plan would just be to shatter the weapon and disorient the guy. Doesn't know it's orichalcum.

He does know, however, that a fight here is exactly what this guy wants, and he's not afraid to die. Which scares him.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3182 on: March 28, 2014, 05:43:59 pm »

Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: March 28, 2014, 05:44:58 pm »

@Xantalos

Only for now-- http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136105.1920
Holy chrap that game got long.
Yeaah that happens when there aren't any rails.
Not necessarily. My games never have rails, but I update them so slowly they never grow like that.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: March 28, 2014, 05:45:45 pm »

True. But I wouldn't be a good Jewel if I didn't give the material some mention. Post soon in IC, dislike double posting but if I waited it would be too late. I could edit it in though I suppose.

Yeah, I'll do that. I hate double posting.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: March 28, 2014, 05:50:10 pm »

Speaking of which, it's okay to do minor updates with just what the elves respond when I speak to them or something, Ross. I think everyone would be okay with that so I, the smartest and most handsome person here we as a party because we're all friends here right guys hahaha could make more witty banter
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: March 28, 2014, 05:51:42 pm »

Speaking of which, it's okay to do minor updates with just what the elves respond when I speak to them or something, Ross. I think everyone would be okay with that so I, the smartest and most handsome person here we as a party because we're all friends here right guys hahaha could make more witty banter
Indeed. More responses means more flowery indignant rhetoric.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: March 28, 2014, 05:54:19 pm »

Also, will Thales ever be cooperative? It's getting vaguely stressful as a player to deal with him, sometimes(though that's mostly because I'm the diplomancer here and...well...), and he's neither stupid nor blind, so I should think that he should be able to put aside his condescension for a moment occasionally to better serve his god and companions. Using the Ring of Heresy when we need to interrogate someone(I doubt he'll give it up without protest, but appealing to his ego should work), for example.

I hope he eventually grows as a person/angelborn, at least...having a Fluce/Thales character can be fun, but if it goes on the whole game...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: March 28, 2014, 06:01:45 pm »

Generally, you just need to appeal to his ego to get him to do what you want, really.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: March 28, 2014, 06:05:49 pm »

Well, Daethwin is the one getting good at reading expressions, so you tell me when you think would be a good time for him to figure that out.

And also a way to be able to reign him in without causing him agonizing pain would be good...is he like an AI? Do I use theological paradoxes?

Oh yeah, and how would he react to being told that one of those 'false' gods is fucking with his mind?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: March 28, 2014, 06:13:21 pm »

Fluce?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: March 28, 2014, 06:16:03 pm »

1. I would think it would be pretty obvious, really. The direct approach doesn't work, so it's best to manipulate him.

2. He has a safety built in that causes him to ignore theological paradoxes if they're pointed out to him.

3. Abject denial?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3192 on: March 28, 2014, 06:32:30 pm »

Is thale's definition of truth the same as a lawyers/politicians? Or is misleading and omitting bits not ok?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: March 28, 2014, 06:34:00 pm »

Thales' definition of truth is the same as religious institutions. It's only true if it supports your preexisting beliefs.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: March 28, 2014, 06:35:24 pm »

Fluce?

Ahahah yeah...he's one of the RPG mythos figures in my household. His own archetype, of a special kind of player/playstyle. My direct family is heavily tied into RPGs (my parents met through role-playing), and our friends as well. A family friend played a character named Fluce, in their game. (This was a long-ass campaign, by the way-by the end of it they'd taken over a hell dimension, and the dragon hatchling character my mother played was an adult, partly due to time magic shenanigans)
Fluce was insane. As in, voice in his head and sadistic insane. Guy who plays him is a really nice guy, too, and his other character was a Stupid Good pseudo-paladin. He likes playing extremes, I think.
Anyway. Fluce was an elf shoved in a cyborg's body, which meant, in their world, he was a magic being cut off from magic. That's why he went insane, which in turn was justification for why his player was able to play him that way. Their GM was really rather good; Fluce killed at least 80% of the plot important NPCs. If it was an NPC, he wanted to kill it. He would ask the GM if he could make it look like he missed the enemy and hit NPC allies instead(he'd still kill the enemy; he wasn't trying to sabotage the other players, partially because one of the characters was like a father figure, one of them was a dragon, etc. though he did kill one of/the only ordinary human PC once). He'd mini-nuke random villages from a mile away. And loot all the bodies, of course. He wasn't munchkinning; he didn't cheat, and he wasn't power-gaming. He was just...being Fluce. In the end, after they'd taken over the hell dimension, the vampire player used mind powers to look in his head, saw how bug-fuck crazy he was by that point, killed him, and he got brought back as a demon lord thing.

Oh, and he was a coward, too. Sorta. Hated fair fights, ran away for help when got into trouble...the only thing I think that made it bearable was that the player was a really nice guy and the GM found ways to get it so he couldn't kill some NPCs without consequences(he managed to take credit for killing the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, got Knighted in England, and so a squire-kid runs up to him one day while the party's in a city and asks him for help. Player's first question: "Are we alone?" His first declared(and rescinded once he realized they weren't that alone) action: "I squish his head!"

That, is Fluce.
---
Also, can he actually ignore them, or does he just dismiss them as nonsense?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 332