Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll to deliver a message of upmost importance. Turn 005: Dead Peasantry  (Read 2551 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"It's requesting entry, not diplomacy." Rynn whispered to her other buddy.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile

Daniel whispers back, "True, but I can't imagine I did much good there. I did make a make a man fall to the ground in tears, after all... Heh, under normal circumstances I'd be a bit proud of that...
Hm..."

He stares at the guards for a moment.

"I get the feeling these guys aren't the usual guards. At least, I sincerely hope not... Must be that emergency keeping the actual guards occupied."
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rynn glanced over to the orc before whispering back, "Looks more like a peasant militia than a city guard. Actually, the usual conscript force--tour of duty a common man usually does as a citizen of any town and all. I'm...still unsure what kept him over the edge like that. Either its just him, or something is really up."

She raised her voice. "Are you ok?"

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile

Turn 004
Drakuldus:
You mark the whole in a mental map; it’s only about 25 feet from the gate.

John:
You hide in the bushes, ready to cave in some skulls in case anything goes awry.

Clair:
You try to console the guard (1)

She smacks the guard as hard as she can, sending him back a few feet. (1) The guard however just continues crying.

Rynn:
You plan out a nice speech to calm the guard down.
(1+1) However, it comes out slightly different.

“Give me your lunch money, nerd!”

Actually a lot more different.

Lake:
Lake takes a defense stance ready to strike if the guards try to fight.

4 Guards:

(1) The guards, now seeing an escalation in violence, leap onto the scene pitchforks at the ready.

(5+1) John jumps out of the bushes, swinging his can wildly, and caving a guards skull instantly.

(4) The guards, seeing their friend dead on the floor, and an orc covered in brain matter and skull fragments, start losing their cool, but still manage to try and fight.

(6+1) Lake jumps into action, cutting off the arms of one of the guards.

(1) However, the guard still tries to fight, screaming something about ‘it being only a flesh wound’

(6) The armless guard gets a running start and jumps, sticking out his leg and kicking Lake in the jaw, knocking him to the floor.

(3) The two other guards look on in silence as their armless compatriot hands down a can of whoop ass.

(1) The two guards on the towers begin taking out bows!

This is escalating very quickly.

Notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:34:40 am by jakeread1 »
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Sigh heavenly "Why does this keep happening?" Snipe the archers in the tower.

((Oh lord, who slept with the RNG's wife again?))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

John certainly wished to say something at this particular time, but he supposed it could wait until these people were very, very dead. Or he was. Anyway, it should probably work out nicely for one party.

Leap to cover until both archers fire (or die), then come out and bash another skull in.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"This could've gone better."
Lake rises and holds up his scimitar in a blocking stance, preparing to counter any attacks made at him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"Hey, if any of you live, remind me never to work with you again."

Stay out of the conflict. Afterwards, or if any guard comes towards me, explain that I'm essentially unaffiliated with these people and in fact only met them a couple days prior, intending to break contact with them once I was out of a situation where I would have at least one natural predator within a few hundred yards at all time.
If attacked, flee into the brush and check over my
INVENTORY.

((I think I'm going to roll at least one 1...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Of all things to say, I had to go with some immature and stupid kind of OOC because of a one. Something nobody would say in that situation. Really. >_>))

Try to fix the matter by not being an assertive jerk.

Edit: ((Specifics...))

In which that means to lay down my weapon and show them we really mean no harm towards them [cue me RP'ing about most other trivial matters in relation to that but whatever.]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:59:11 pm by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Of all things to say, I had to go with some immature and stupid kind of OOC because of a one. Something nobody would say in that situation. Really. >_>))
((That's what 1's do.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

((It was a 2, actually. 1+1 should be a 2, anyway.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Read the acronym-text by hovering your mouse over it. That was far too much for a one--I mean, it could fail and reek worse havoc, but that is what I said?!))

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((That's what 1's do.))
((I see where Tir's coming from, this is kinda the second time she's had her line be changed like that.
When I got a one I didn't have that happen. I just caused someone to have a nervous breakdown.
Also, it was a two, bonus taken into account. :V))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Oh, that line.

Yeah, that's a bit out-of-line. Although it's kinda hard to fail a roll to say something...I'd probably have had what he said to say said, but it not have the intended effect.))
Sig

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile

Turn 005

Clair:
(4+1+1) Clair takes out her bow, and lets loose an arrow, striking one of the archers in the head.

John:
(6) John prepares an ambush behind a bit of palisade.

Lake:
 (3+1) Lake blocks the kicks coming at him from the armless guard, and counters (5) cutting off his legs.

Drakuldus:
 (5+1) One of the guards looks towards Drakuldus, trying to determine whether he is a combatant. Drakuldus shrugs his shoulders and the guard goes back to staring at his now limbless companion.

Rynn:
 You immediately drop your weapons and try calling for a ceasefire, (3+1) vs. (6)however the guards now want blood for their crippled companion!

Three guards:
(2) The first guard charges into battle, ready to fight.

(4+1+1) However John jumps out from behind the bit of palisades, and smashes in yet another head.

The archer shoots (4) at John.

(5+1) However he jumps out the way just in time to avoid it, sadly Lake was directly behind John and (5) Lake also dodges it. How anticlimactic.

The last guard (4) stays strong and continues his one man charge (4) vs (6+1) he tries to slash john in the arm. The key word is tried.

Notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4