Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4171515 times)

Walter Sullivan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it just me, or does the dffd link give a 552 error, dropbox is overloaded, and the magnet links to r57?

The name of the magnet may be r57, but the file name is r59. Just downloaded it here and I'll be seeding with the little upload that I have  :P
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" - The Dark Tower

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for seeding.
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

lurtze1

• Bay Watcher
  • Worshipper of the god of total chaos
    • View Profile

I will be seeding too for a while. Thanks for the update

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh stonesense is all blurry in the overlay, am I the only one?
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

TheTinCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DFFD and Dropbox down, no seeders on the torrent... anyone who has downloaded it want to make another mirror?  ;D
So much excitement, so little to do

edit: and dffd is back up, yay \o/
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 01:58:24 pm by TheTinCat »

zumzz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

The torrent is still up for me -- in fact it downloaded in around 2 minutes (~90.2MB) on my connection. Currently seeding myself at the same magnet:

r59:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:237dd35baae3756b8c78e1f62eb64252f2b464bc&dn=PeridexisErrant%20LNP%20r57.zip&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80

TheTinCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, must be a BUNCH of people trying to download it haha. I'll let the torrent keep going (snail pace, but going...) and if it finishes ill help seed.

Menzoberranzan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've posted r59 to kickass.to with additional trackers (along with the original tracker in the magnet link).

http://kickass.to/dwarf-fortress-lazy-newb-pack-r59-t9249741.html

Zyke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

How do you use the stonesense program? I can load it up but it seems to be view only. Do I have the wrong version? Doesn't seem to be any commands to give.

Unknown11010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it best to get it now or will there be a lot of new successive fixes?

Nalbir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems really buggy at the moment. Very laggy at the start, random crashes especially when resizing the window etc

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile

How do you use the stonesense program? I can load it up but it seems to be view only. Do I have the wrong version? Doesn't seem to be any commands to give.

Quote from: PeridexisErrant on reddit
Open the game as usual. Press ctrl-shift-P and type "stonesense overlay".
Alternatively remove the # symbol from that line at the top of dfhack.init to make it run every time.

Edit:

Btw, I just tried playing DF with that stonesense overlay and it's nothing for me really. I'll stick to ASCII - the pureness and simplicity of the look of vanilla DF is what I need. And it tells a lot more stories than little sprites could ever do. :D
But great work, anyways!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 06:42:06 pm by rumpel »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Hmm, must be a BUNCH of people trying to download it haha. I'll let the torrent keep going (snail pace, but going...) and if it finishes ill help seed.
Thanks!  Over the last twelve hours I've averaged twenty times the usual bandwidth, and that's not including all the great folk torrenting.  A Reddit Hug, I believe it's called. 

Is it best to get it now or will there be a lot of new successive fixes?
There will be ongoing fixes, or I certainly hope so.  Might as well get it now and update later though!

I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

longstrider

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I just updated to this from LNP.  After creating a new world I'm attempting to embark.  I see the local area resize keys and that you've changed the local area keys to 'wasd'.  The problem is that 's' doesn't move the area, it opens up a menu I haven't seen before:
"a: Embark anywhere: disabled
n: nano embark: disabled
s: sand indicator: enabled
p: stable position: enabled"

The problem I have is that I can't move the local emark area south.

I also don't know what the bottom two options in that menu do, but that's not game breaking.  Not being able to move the embark area south is game breaking.  Am I blind and missing something obvious or is there a keybind conflict/bug?

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

I just updated to this from LNP.  After creating a new world I'm attempting to embark.  I see the local area resize keys and that you've changed the local area keys to 'wasd'.  The problem is that 's' doesn't move the area, it opens up a menu I haven't seen before:
"a: Embark anywhere: disabled
n: nano embark: disabled
s: sand indicator: enabled
p: stable position: enabled"

The problem I have is that I can't move the local emark area south.

I also don't know what the bottom two options in that menu do, but that's not game breaking.  Not being able to move the embark area south is game breaking.  Am I blind and missing something obvious or is there a keybind conflict/bug?
r58
 - new plugin "embark-tools" uses 's' on embark screen, keybindings adjusted slightly to compensate (move with 'waxd' now)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 385