Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4171103 times)

longstrider

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

r58
 - new plugin "embark-tools" uses 's' on embark screen, keybindings adjusted slightly to compensate (move with 'waxd' now)

That'd be great if it were what's happening.  I downloaded this today from DFFD, file name is PeridexisErrant LNP r59.zip  Embark screen says "wsda: Move Local Area", but I tried using 'x' to move the local embark area south on your say-so anyway and nothing happened.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

That'd be great if it were what's happening.  I downloaded this today from DFFD, file name is PeridexisErrant LNP r59.zip  Embark screen says "wsda: Move Local Area", but I tried using 'x' to move the local embark area south on your say-so anyway and nothing happened.
Just trying to help by quoting something PeridexisErrant himself said a few days ago, sorry if it isn't accurate. You should probably wait for a response from him, then.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Right, that really shouldn't be happening.  I reccomend checking the checksum of the zip, which can be found at the top of this thread. 

"wsda" was changed to "wxda" between r58 and r59 for exactly this reason. 

If that fails (or you ignore advice  ;)), go into interface.txt and make sure you have these settings at line 850:
Code: [Select]
[BIND:SETUP_LOCAL_Y_MUP:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:w]
[BIND:SETUP_LOCAL_Y_MDOWN:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:x]
[BIND:SETUP_LOCAL_X_MUP:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:d]
[BIND:SETUP_LOCAL_X_MDOWN:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:a]
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

longstrider

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Checksums matched (D0A4BB0BD8B3244F9703EBCD085FCBEE)

I failed at finding the correct interface.txt file (it still had uhkm/UHKM).  I double checked that I'd loaded the PeridexisErrant.txt key binds and restarted everything.  Same thing.

However as I was quitting one last time before giving up for the evening and getting some sleep, I noticed the "keybindings" option in menu with Abort Game.  I successfully changed the local embark move there, they were wasd and I changed the s to x.  I'm not sure if I failed at loading the keybinding from the UI or if there was an actually bug, but it's working for me now.  I'm inclined toward the 'I failed to load the key binds correctly' because interface.txt had an older Date Modified before I used the ingame Keybinds option to update things.

Thanks for the prompt reply and all your hard work in putting this together.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

5,500 downloads in 24h? Not bad. You think its really the Stonesense overlay thats responsible?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

This album I made has 140K views in the same time, so... yes.  Posting about it on some major gaming subreddits probably helped a lot, though my inbox exploded with people who couldn't follow the instructions to enable it in dfhack.init  ::)
 Donations here.

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for this tool, I haven't played in ages and it's awesome to have everything I need right in one place.  8)

Lurker28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The game is crashing, and a number of other weird things.

What I did: Downloaded r59 of DF Starter Pack, exported to C:\Dwarf Fortress, found dfhack.init, removed "#" from stonesense overlay, loaded DF Starter Pack (didn't change anything from the default stuff).

When the game starts my keyboard controls do you not work (arrows keys or wsda, or wxda), but I pressed the enter key to "create new world!" (the game hanged for 10 seconds and then finally takes me to a screen). It just jumped into a game (I'm guessing) and I can move the cursor around but that's it. There are no dwarves just stone and lava. Hitting the tab button to try change the menu layout doesn't change anything, once I resized the game window it crashes.

I'm currently at a loss with how to fix this (most likely something simple I'm overlooking). Can I get some assistance, thanks!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

The pack has been updated to r60. 

Following the explosion of interest in the stonesense overlay, I've had enough feedback to refine some important parts of the pack - including settings tweaks that should improve performance for the overlay.  There have also been a number of other updated plugins, and people complaining about some old stuff I could have cut out a while ago. 

Changelog: 
 - re-added Falcone's latest UI plugins (v49); adds Automelt, Date & Weather display, Assigning Rooms to Noble Positions, Hotkeys display
 - re-added dfterm3; plugin updated for dfhack-r5
 - changed stonesense init.txt settings:  now shows 1 z-level and a smaller X-Y area; this improves performance and should allow you to scroll to the edge of the map
 - fixed script gui/unit-info-viewer
 - fixed some keybindings to be propperly contextual (eg if cursor required, don't run without cursor)
 - fixed the rare issue of embark controls clashing ('wxad' should now be frimly in place)
 - removed DFMon, as development quietly ended a while ago without a properly stable version

Reminder to new players:  you can download the new pack here, see checksums and download mirrors at the top of this thread, and once you've got the new version the data-copying script lets you pull saves and other data across to the new version with a double-click. 

Enjoy!
 Donations here.

Menzoberranzan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

A torrented download for your convince.

http://kickass.to/dwarf-fortress-lazy-newb-pak-r60-t9254019.html

And the magnet:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4409D49A49008260DBA27A0F1612BA0DA8553945&dn=dwarf+fortress+lazy+newb+pak+r60&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337%2Fannounce
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 07:49:48 pm by Menzoberranzan »

Sweet!

rocjawcypher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey, whenever I start the stonesense utility, it immediately crashes with the message al_create_display failed. Anyone have any ideas on why and how to fix it?
If there is a better place for this, sorry. Looked but didn't find.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:09:22 am by rocjawcypher »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Hey, whenever I start the stonesense utility, it immediately crashes with the message al_create_display failed. Anyone have any ideas on why and how to fix it?

I have no idea whatsoever.  Giving a really really detailed bug report in url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106497]his thread[/url] might help - include screenshots, OS versions, any options you changed, and so on.  Wish I could help more. 
 Donations here.

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've seen problems where stonesense will crash if it doesn't have enough memory.  I believe it has to live in the same memory space that Dwarf Fortress is occupying, so it can get cramped.

How much RAM is installed on your PC? 

Also, I saw a few error messages (but not the one you posted), with solutions on the new Stonesense Official thread.  That is located here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106497.  They seemed to be related to missing libraries, but I'm not sure that is your problem.

Good luck!
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

Lurker28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I zoom in with the new keybindings? Stonesense seems too zoomed out for me.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 385