Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Furries  (Read 28775 times)

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Furries
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 10:59:08 pm »

My understanding is that furries are generally people who in some way identify with animals, right?  Sexually or not.  Well, I like animals a lot, but not like that.

Eh?
More specifically anthropomorphic animals; within the subcommunities we call people who identify with certain nonanthropomorphic animal personas therians, or more casually, "feral"s.

For some, the identification is specifically linked to personality. On one end of the extremes is someone who believes they are literally the persona they identify with, which are called otherkin, and on the other end are people who merely treat their "fursona" (as they are called") as a toy and means of communication with a specialized tone.

It's all a lot of excessively convoluted internet social stuff that most people don't really need to know about at all.

And I would be just fine discussing anthros in popular media. That sounds like fun!
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 11:00:13 pm »

Well then... Any hope for a new good Sonic game?

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 11:03:09 pm »

Well then... Any hope for a new good Sonic game?
Can I get a "HAYUL NO"?

I mean eventually the employees currently in charge of toying with the gameplay and actual plot (as if necessary) in the new games will change and possibly for the better, but right now we're stuck with this. Sometimes I play Sonic Adventure :3
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 11:04:20 pm »

Man, forget Sonic. Give me a new Star Fox game, back to the good-old days of rail shooting through some fantastic new environments.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 11:06:18 pm »

Can I get a "HAYUL NO"?

I mean eventually the employees currently in charge of toying with the gameplay and actual plot (as if necessary) in the new games will change and possibly for the better, but right now we're stuck with this. Sometimes I play Sonic Adventure :3
Eh, best sonic games weren't the most amazing as far as plot goes... I think it was creativity and artistic ability that really carried the game. Actually mechanics were good but not Zelda II good.

That and great music. I mean seriously, Ice Cap Zone, awesome.

Man, forget Sonic. Give me a new Star Fox game, back to the good-old days of rail shooting through some fantastic new environments.
Ehhhhh... I was never a huge Star Fox fan.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 11:07:50 pm »

Can I get a "HAYUL NO"?

Eh, best sonic games weren't the most amazing as far as plot goes... I think it was creativity and artistic ability that really carried the game. Actually mechanics were good but not Zelda II good.

That and great music. I mean seriously, Ice Cap Zone, awesome.

You hit the nail right on the head. What a lot of games lack now is good stylization, which the older sonic games and arguably the newer ones certainly display.

I want more stylized games with good implementation of furries!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 11:17:03 pm »

This is one of those threads that has such potential to be entertaining that I really want to post in it. But I don't really have anything to say.

I understand that furries are a thing. I'm not certain I understand why it's a thing. I have read, purely anecdotally, that apparently some people give furries a hard time...but if true, I'm not really convinced it's because they actually care about it one way or another or have any serious objections to it, but rather I suspect that they probably just enjoy trolling furries. If furries would just stop being so embarrassed about it, they'd probably have an easier time.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 11:20:48 pm »

This is one of those threads that has such potential to be entertaining that I really want to post in it. But I don't really have anything to say.

I understand that furries are a thing. I not certain I understand why it's a thing. I have read, purely anecdotally, that apparently some people give furries a hard time...but if true, I'm not really convinced it's because they actually care about it one way or another or have any serious objections to it, but rather I suspect that they probably just enjoy trolling furries. If furries would just stop being so embarrassed about it, they'd probably have an easier time.
I agree but several communities come to mind when I think of furry hostility and persecution. It is easy to convince the unknowing Internet neophytes that the furry fandom is, for example, a secret club of child molesters.

This happens painfully more frequently than you would guess, but almost nowhere furries or Internet socialites are actually common. People are sensitive on an individual basis, by the way.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2013, 11:21:57 pm »

You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2013, 11:23:36 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2013, 11:24:04 pm »

I understand that furries are a thing. I'm not certain I understand why it's a thing. I have read, purely anecdotally, that apparently some people give furries a hard time...but if true, I'm not really convinced it's because they actually care about it one way or another or have any serious objections to it, but rather I suspect that they probably just enjoy trolling furries. If furries would just stop being so embarrassed about it, they'd probably have an easier time.

I think part of the furry hate comes from a part of the group that are just fucking annoying.
It is the exact same thing that you see from My Little Pony, Homestuck, Adventure Time, Dwarf Fortress, and so on... Part of the community is just so into it they try and insert their own little annoying references into every single thing and make their entire existence about it. And then when you express disinterest, they try to explain it as if the only reason you don't care is because you don't know enough, and if only you knew you would be a furry too! And then continuing to not really care means you must therefor unfairly hate all furries and are the enemy.

You know who you are.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2013, 11:24:18 pm »

My views on this.
Aaaaand sigpic
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edit: Somebody wanna be really nice to me and gracefully make this an appropriate size? If that is remotely possible.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:28:40 pm by Tuck_Lion »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2013, 11:25:17 pm »

Well, okay.  Princess Tutu is possibly relevant?  It is an anime that has a duck who is also a girl.  And also a swan princess.  And a ballerina.  It's a little bit confusing, but it's one of my favorite things ever.

---

I'm not into the bestiality crowd and I'm really not sure about the otherkin folks, but otherwise I don't take issue with furries at all.  *shrug*  I can understand why the first two would bother people, but otherwise... seems like a needlessly demonized minority.

My views on this.
Goddammit, an XKCD I actually agree with.

Ditto.

You know who you are.

Yeah, but I feel like furries get a lot more flak from it than other whatever-appreciation groups.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2013, 11:28:13 pm »

You know who you are.

Haha, those crazy awful fandoms. Luckily I know of one that's 20% cooler than any of the others. It would never do that, because it would be so un-rainbow. And there would be no dashing. It would be derpy, even. Horse.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2013, 11:29:11 pm »

You know who you are.

Haha, those crazy awful fandoms. Luckily I know of one that's 20% cooler than any of the others. It would never do that, because it would be so un-rainbow. And there would be no dashing. It would be derpy, even. Horse.
I really lost it at "horse"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15