Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: The Islands of Misery: Another Turn  (Read 52315 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: Down the Slope Again
« Reply #225 on: June 07, 2013, 10:04:40 pm »

"Yeah, it would, but we've got what we've got. Someone had a good idea with that vine rope, they just overestimated how strong the vines are. how about we collect some vines of our own and make a stronger rope?"

Gather all the vines I can find that aren't next to the cliff edge, and bring them back to Spear-Girl-Who-Still-Hasn't-Told-Me-Her-Name.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 07, 2013, 10:07:39 pm »

Edmund sighs. "Should've seen that coming. Damned man-child."
Brace for impact. By, y'know, aiming my armored bits at the ground.

((Edit- I'll be insanely amused if I don't die from this.
In that situation, incidentally, could I get Billy Snow as my nemesis(with all the bonuses that entails)? :D))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:12:51 pm by SomeStupidGuy »
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 07, 2013, 10:11:55 pm »

Also, what colour am I?))
Green. You're Nancy, correct?

i can't believed that worked, except he survived.
Wait a turn or two. On average, it should take about 6 turns to reach the bottom, and I don't think anyone's made it to four yet...
(Unless you count Ace, but she mostly wasn't tumbling down the cliff.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 08, 2013, 02:06:00 am »

"Uh.... yeah i just kidding about the killing part..." Unlucky says to the girl he tried to kill. And now there's a second one in here... Well back to killing people.

Get Mylio to chew through the artery in the new girl's neck while I use the halberd as a javilin on the book girl. After that, loot everything off the guy I killed... atleast everything I can wear and hold at once.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2013, 02:57:23 am »

'Well I'm just gonna take a step back now. Can't say I feel safe near a ledge on a mountain filled with psychopaths.'
Help gather vines, staying away from the edge. if attacked, fire jewels at them before hitting them with the club.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 08, 2013, 03:35:44 am »

Try and guess at the function of the Jumper while interducing myself to...Fezzy who seem to the only one in a fight or jumping off the mountain

"Hello, miss?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: Bloody He--Mountaintop
« Reply #231 on: June 08, 2013, 05:32:25 pm »

Nancy watches as her coat begins doing...things. She glares up from the book at the guy who zapped her coat.
She takes this as a challenge, and tries to leap at his face and strangle him with her now Animated coat.
"Uh.... yeah i just kidding about the killing part..." Unlucky says to the girl he tried to kill. And now there's a second one in here... Well back to killing people.
Get Mylio to chew through the artery in the new girl's neck while I use the halberd as a javilin on the book girl. After that, loot everything off the guy I killed... atleast everything I can wear and hold at once.
Try and guess at the function of the Jumper while interducing myself to...Fezzy who seem to the only one in a fight or jumping off the mountain
"Hello, miss?"
[8-2v9+1-1&7+3v9+1] Jill heads out the door, [5+1] determining that her new clothes have a couple abilities, one which only affects her and one that she can inflict on others. [7+3+1-2v5-1] The chipmunk catches up to Jill, [4+3] leaping up to Jill's neck and [5+1-2v8+1] missing her. Jill [8+1v6+1] slashes at the chipmunk with...nothing in particular. [1-4v8-1+1] It gives the little rodent's fur a nice trim. It once again [9+3;9+1v8+1] leaps, this time striking true [1-3+1v6+1-1] but not breaking the skin. [2+1v8+1] Jill misses, [5+3;2+1-2v1+1-1;9-3v7+1] and Mylio's incisors incise at her neck. This is...not good. [9+1-1-1] The bleeding swiftly starts to slow.
Meanwhile inside, E.U, who has not yet solved the issue of which is his personal name and which is his surname, hurls his polearm. [4+1-1-2v10-2] The big man is a bit embarrassed by the outcome; he gets stabbed by an inconvenient spike, nearly stopping it in midair! [10+1v2+1] His strength is his undoing; the spike tore straight through his arm! [7+1-2] It hurts. (And I noticed a tyop in the rules--it seems I wrote that bit on bleeding when I forgot I was using a d10 system.) Nancy pauses, then hurries for the bleeding man, shaking her animated labcoat at him. [7-1] It wriggles on her,  trying to get off.

i can't believed that worked, except he survived. Walk around the mountain, constantly pressing the vine button.
You do so. Whee! Shame that those people keep picking vines.

Something sharp and not a fucking polearm would be GREAT right now. We could stab it into the rock, and tie ourselves to each other. There's GOT to be a way down.
Judge how safe it would be to attempt landing on the ledge.
Well...judging by the blood, you'd probably break something. So, not very.
You are brought a large supply of vines.

"Yeah, it would, but we've got what we've got. Someone had a good idea with that vine rope, they just overestimated how strong the vines are. how about we collect some vines of our own and make a stronger rope?"

Gather all the vines I can find that aren't next to the cliff edge, and bring them back to Spear-Girl-Who-Still-Hasn't-Told-Me-Her-Name.
You do so.

'Well I'm just gonna take a step back now. Can't say I feel safe near a ledge on a mountain filled with psychopaths.'
Help gather vines, staying away from the edge. if attacked, fire jewels at them before hitting them with the club.
Strangely, no one attacks you. How nice. Anyways, you get more vines.

Edmund sighs. "Should've seen that coming. Damned man-child."
Brace for impact. By, y'know, aiming my armored bits at the ground.

((Edit- I'll be insanely amused if I don't die from this.
In that situation, incidentally, could I get Billy Snow as my nemesis(with all the bonuses that entails)? :D))
[3+1] No such luck. [9-1-2] As the rocks become steeper and more jagged, though, you manage to avoid more severe injuries. [MPR: 2] The (acceptable) cost comes in progress; you think you've passed the thirdway point.
((Let me think about it...))

'.,*'',.;`,',.`
'.`',.`'.`,.*',
";.`,'"`.;,`:'.
'.-o'.`,;`'.,`'
;'*;'`"[,;'`.',
%@.`*--@--'`;,.
@@'`,|@@+|;'`.,
':`.,
",I++'*'.:
g@'`.|+++|'*";,
;.`;,--+--'.`,:
:,';;`"@.`':".`
'.-o",@@;`'.,`'
"`.,;",".,;``;,
;`*'.;,`";.`':,
"*;.,'*;,o.;;`"

-----

Statuses

-----

I just recopied that map last turn, too...
Looks like another of TIoM's famed double deaths may be happening soon...TIoM...TAoM! I haven't updated it in a while!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 08, 2013, 05:41:40 pm »

Activate the jumper that inflict. If that fails, either in killing the chipmunk or working, tell it to stop attacking me, politely. If that fail, slice and dice it.

"Pardon me, little thing(never seen a chipmunk) will you stop that?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 08, 2013, 05:51:55 pm »

(chipmunks are a lot like ground-based squirrels with tiny tails.)

make another rope out of the vines, attempt to make it noticeably stronger than the broken one hanging off the cliff.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2013, 06:05:22 pm »

Keep on bracing myself and hoping that I don't die.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 08, 2013, 06:33:13 pm »

I suspect that scapheap means that Jill has never seen a chipmunk.
Sig

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 08, 2013, 11:47:46 pm »

"Goddamn my bad luck!" Unlucky yells out about his bleeding arm.

I killed without weapons once and i can do it again! Kick the girl with all my might and if she's still alive pour in some Karma into my second try! have Mylio keep doing what she's doing and/or stop being a chipmunk.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 09, 2013, 01:13:25 am »

Toss the coat off and put all my might into strangling him with it! Or at least punching him in the jaw or something!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 09, 2013, 02:52:13 am »

Aid in making vine rope.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 09, 2013, 04:07:02 am »

I suspect that scapheap means that Jill has never seen a chipmunk.
Correct.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27