Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: The Islands of Misery: Another Turn  (Read 52337 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: End of an Era
« Reply #210 on: June 06, 2013, 08:25:28 pm »

Read the book. Killing people can wait.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 06, 2013, 08:29:23 pm »

Gesture to Ahrian to follow, head over to the rope. Check it out as much as possible, and if it it least seems safe, climb down.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2013, 08:55:54 pm »

"Heh, they always did say I was a natural at poetry. At any rate, I must get back to what I was doing.
Best of luck in your future endeavors, Mr... Snow, I believe it was?"

Edmund gives the disgraced rapper a fairly smug smirk and walks off.

Continue on with the search for ways to get down. Or just go over to that vine rope, if I can actually see it.

((And I'll put a point into clever-ness.))
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2013, 10:32:58 pm »

take a point away from something. Also help SomeStupidGuy in his quest.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2013, 10:40:00 pm »

Gesture to Ahrian to follow, head over to the rope. Check it out as much as possible, and if it it least seems safe, climb down.
Follow the spear-girl, and aid her as best I can, but don't put my weight on the rope while her weight is on it. block others that attempt to put their weight on the rope while she is using it. the weight of multiple people might cause the rope to break.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 07, 2013, 12:42:52 am »

"Well.... I didn't know my own strength hahaha! If I knew I could just do that then I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to knock him out."

Unlucky notices a new person in the room... and that the dead guy has some neat looking stuff. Person + neat loot = sooooo much fun.

"I'm gonna rape ya bitch! Pfft, Hahaha not really.... I just wanted to say that at someone before I kill 'em."

Loot the guy's corpse and and try out his stuff on the girl... starting with the dangerous looking loot. And have Mylio try to transform into something other then a chipmunk.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 07, 2013, 03:33:50 am »

'Hey! I recognise that spear!'
Propose a team up with the woman with the spear.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 07, 2013, 07:33:33 am »

"People who at least say they don't want to kill me? Sure. I don't want to kill, so... it's a good idea to join up with you..."
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 07, 2013, 07:37:33 am »

'Ah, wrong spear actually. Ah, well, truce anyway?'
Have a look round for the spear halberd.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 07:41:15 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 07, 2013, 08:04:35 am »

S-sure.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2013, 12:48:15 pm »

DAMMINIT.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((super blast, if you dare die before I can come back...))
EDIT: ditch the rapier if you need to.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 03:30:36 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands of Misery: Down the Slope Again
« Reply #221 on: June 07, 2013, 09:44:38 pm »

Read the book. Killing people can wait.
Hm. It seems to be a graphic representation of you, from anatomy to...stuff written in a language you don't recognize. Maybe two or three.
The guy to the north, by the chipmunk, says something friendly-sounding to you. You wave back. Then you feel something hugging you. Weird.

Follow the spear-girl, and aid her as best I can, but don't put my weight on the rope while her weight is on it. block others that attempt to put their weight on the rope while she is using it. the weight of multiple people might cause the rope to break.
The two girls head over to the vine rope [3+3+3,7+1+3] and notice that it doesn't go to the first ledge, let alone the bottom. Also disturbing is a splotch of blood on the ledge and an abandoned fragment of vine, although no corpse is present.

"Heh, they always did say I was a natural at poetry. At any rate, I must get back to what I was doing.
Best of luck in your future endeavors, Mr... Snow, I believe it was?"

Edmund gives the disgraced rapper a fairly smug smirk and walks off.

Continue on with the search for ways to get down. Or just go over to that vine rope, if I can actually see it.

((And I'll put a point into clever-ness.))
take a point away from something. Also help SomeStupidGuy in his quest.
And when I say "help SomeStupidGuy" I mean shove him off the edge of the mountain.
[5-2v2-1] Edmund looks for a way down. Snow helps him in his quest by revealing and initializing an unforseen method of vertical transport. By this, I mean Edmund gets shoved off the cliff.
[7-1] He's okay so far...although his clothes are starting to show wear. [MPR: 5] You're about a quarter of the way down.

"Well.... I didn't know my own strength hahaha! If I knew I could just do that then I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to knock him out."
Unlucky notices a new person in the room... and that the dead guy has some neat looking stuff. Person + neat loot = sooooo much fun.
"I'm gonna rape ya bitch! Pfft, Hahaha not really.... I just wanted to say that at someone before I kill 'em."

Loot the guy's corpse and and try out his stuff on the girl... starting with the dangerous looking loot. And have Mylio try to transform into something other then a chipmunk.
"Chitter chitta chat." You don't think Mylio is any happier about this than you are. Anyways, loot. You make the crazy assumption that the big, spiky halberd will be the most dangerous and try to use it on the girl, who is too busy reading to really notice you. (She does wave, however.) [9+1-1] You successfully activate it, causing her [8-4] labcoat to animate. It sorta writhes. Um...

'Hey! I recognise that spear!'
Propose a team up with the woman with the spear.
"People who at least say they don't want to kill me? Sure. I don't want to kill, so... it's a good idea to join up with you..."
'Ah, wrong spear actually. Ah, well, truce anyway?'
Have a look round for the spear halberd.
S-sure.
They chat, and Fezzy joins the Unnamed League of Girls. [4-3] The halberd is nowhere to be seen.

Jill Wonder spawns!
Jill is...quite an interesting girl. She has some...interesting hobbies alongside normal ones. Also...interesting, even for her, is the jumpsuit that is loose enough for her to wear over her (slightly smooshed) dress. It's red and hooded, with buttons fastening it together along the front. Intriguing...

'.,*'',.;`,',.`
'.`',.`'.`,.*',
";.`,'"`.;,`:'.
'.-o'.`,;`'.,`'
@'*;'`"[,;'`.',
-@.`*
--@--'`;,.
@.'`,
|c@+|;'`.,
':`.,
",I++'*'.:
o;'`.|@+@|'*";,
".`;,--+--'.`,:
;`';.:*@.`':".`
'.-o'.`@;`'.,`'
"`.,;'`".,;`".,
;`*'.;,`";.`'"@
"*;.,'*;,o.;"`,

-----

Statuses

-----

P.S. Cheesecake submitted a character by PM for some reason.
Sorry for not posting a character. I thought you would ask me to make one when my turn was up.  :P

Here he is:

Name: Jurgen the Manly Scholar
Appearance: A strong, muscular, elderly scholar. Wears circular spectacles and an old university graduation hat.
Personality: A mix between an egotistic jock and a nerd. Somewhat schizophrenic.
Background: He was kicked out of his university for bullying the nerds-notably himself.

Agi 3+5-1
Clv 3+12-1
Dex 3+5-1
Lor 3+8-1
Luk 3+5-1
Per 3+5-1
Str 3+10-1
Tuf 3+10-1

Traits (if any): Extra Loot
Footnote: This turn could have been done around 2:30 if I hadn't paused to watch an episode of a Jurassic Park: Trespasser Let's Play, and would have been done a bit after 3 if not for some pre-made appointments IRL. In short, due to my own...mid-update sloth?...the update was delayed 7 hours. Sorry about that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 07, 2013, 09:51:18 pm »

((Let's plays are great. I've been meaning to catch up on ChuggaaConroy's Let's Plays, but I've been a bit busy. Watching EatMyDiction1. And Seananners.

Also, what colour am I?))

Nancy watches as her coat begins doing...things. She glares up from the book at the guy who zapped her coat.

She takes this as a challenge, and tries to leap at his face and strangle him with her now Animated coat.

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 07, 2013, 09:58:26 pm »

i can't believed that worked, except he survived. Walk around the mountain, constantly pressing the vine button.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 07, 2013, 09:59:30 pm »

Something sharp and not a fucking polearm would be GREAT right now. We could stab it into the rock, and tie ourselves to each other. There's GOT to be a way down.

Judge how safe it would be to attempt landing on the ledge.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27