Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game Over. Everybody Died))  (Read 56424 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game in Progress)
« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2013, 08:39:50 pm »

Wow, it looks like I'm without any neighbors.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2013, 11:31:10 am »

Just got an email from llamaserver saying my pretender for middle age machaka was not found... ???
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2013, 11:45:27 am »

Stop it llama. You're drunk.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2013, 12:51:26 pm »

Huh that odd.

We do have one water race right? He must be having the time of his life since completely uncontested sea area.
  How does one fight a sea civ if you don't have water units? I have kappas but that it.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2013, 12:52:32 pm »

We have exactly one water race... but they start off the game extremely isolated on this map pretty much no matter what age or race combination there is.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2013, 12:53:27 pm »

Yeah, and I have a neighbor already. I also failed in one of my attacks. I've never played water before and don't seem to be so hot with them just yet, and also staled on my 2nd turn, so let's not play up the threat of Kebooo!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 20, 2013, 12:55:13 pm »

Yeah, and I have a neighbor already. I also failed in one of my attacks. I've never played water before and don't seem to be so hot with them just yet, and also staled on my 2nd turn, so let's not play up the threat of Kebooo!

Your greatest strength is that no one can touch you for most of the game.

---

Also has anyone wondered why Ghosts or rather... Ethereal units are Poor Amphibians?

I know why undead are, they can technically survive underwater but are not equipped for aquatic movement. Yet Ghosts would be entirely unaffected by the under water environment and could move through water like it was open air.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 20, 2013, 01:00:36 pm »

Yeah the person I'm most afraid is Il Palazzo because he himself and Akhier because he close.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #203 on: June 20, 2013, 01:12:55 pm »

With the underwater nations biggest advantage isn't that no one can touch you. Its not that hard to poke at them if you have water mages and research construction or if you find any of the good sites that let you hire amphibious troops. One site lets you hire a W1 kappa which is nice and my favorite is shamblers because they only take 1 resource and are beefy troops. Build a fortress in the province with shamblers and if you have the income you can pump out shamblers which can take water provinces quite easily. The problem isn't getting under the water but holding it. Not being able to buy PD or build underwater castle things is what makes it so you don't want to go under there if you can't. Without those things you basically need to either keep a standing force everywhere to keep it or you will be having provinces sniped all the time.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 20, 2013, 01:23:47 pm »

Ermor late age can attack sea provinces but the undead are TERRIBLE under water...

But say that to a group of hundreds or even thousands...

Also dang Hydras are powerful... If there was a way to tell your units not to be stupid they would be amazing!

Well sort of, their weakness is clear... They are just easily picked off.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:39:12 pm by Neonivek »

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2013, 08:29:52 pm »

There certainly are perks to playing Ulm.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2013, 08:47:49 pm »

The best part is that I only know a little about Ermor (Zombie swarm of death) Rl'yeh (HP Lovecraft be Damned) the rest besides what I'm playing as I have no idea what they do, but w/e I'll find out when they come to beat me up if Marignon/Tien'Chi don't do it first

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 20, 2013, 08:56:28 pm »

The best part is that I only know a little about Ermor (Zombie swarm of death) Rl'yeh (HP Lovecraft be Damned) the rest besides what I'm playing as I have no idea what they do, but w/e I'll find out when they come to beat me up if Marignon/Tien'Chi don't do it first

Ermor though is an entirely different beast depending on when you play them.

Early Age Ermor and Late Age Ermor might as well be entirely different nations.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2013, 09:53:38 pm »

Ermor though is an entirely different beast depending on when you play them.

Early Age Ermor and Late Age Ermor might as well be entirely different nations.
Something about trying to bring back jesus but grab death itself instead and sorta spiraled out of control after.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 20, 2013, 11:28:31 pm »

I know that feel man. I've been hemorrhaging my economy trying to rebuild my army.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45