Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! (Game Over. Everybody Died))  (Read 56389 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 Round 14- Interdimensional Madness! Looking for Players
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2013, 09:11:22 am »

The "low/high income" marker translates directly into provincial population level.
1/100th of the population produces 1gp, so wastes will have lower income by the virtue of low population.
Typical wasteland province has got ~2k pop, hence ~20gp income. Those on Letus with "cities" tend to have twice the typical amount of population.

Resource calculations seem to be completely different. Mountain/forest/fertile appear to be standard percentile multipliers(x2, x1.5., x0.5, maybe?), but there is also some non-linear relationship with the population levels.
I think all provinces can have 20-40 resources, modified by marker multipliers, and lowered if the pop is less than 2k.

These are the results of 15 minute impromtu testing on Glory of the Gods and Letus, so feel free to contradict my findings with your own.

spelling
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:48:47 am by Il Palazzo »

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2013, 02:10:45 am »

If you guys need someone else, I would be up for playing and probably dying horribly. But this would be my first time doing MP or even ME.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2013, 03:52:19 am »

Ashdod will make your first time easier (it's a strong nation), so i recommend taking that.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2013, 04:17:11 am »

Doing some research now, I may take up your suggestion. I was originally thinking of playing Mictlan as I usually play them in EA and LA, even though the lack of Blood in MA seems to turn them into even more of a glass cannon. Besides, playing something new might be a good idea. I'll make my final decision in a few hours when I get home.
-J-

Edit: Ok I'll give Ashdod a swing, see how things go. I pulled the map from the link provided, but I have a question. Are we using the one originally linked or the updated one from This Post of the same thread?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:17:55 am by Jarod Cain »
Paddledwork

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2013, 08:26:14 pm »

I'll be tweaking the start locations myself. So no worries there.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2013, 05:47:56 pm »

I'd like to try this out if you're still looking for players. Although I have little Dominions experience and no multiplayer experience I finally got tired of fighting the AI. Rare was the day that I actually won against them but still it'd be cool to what all the hubbub is about.

If possible I'd like to join as Marignon, they're the only nation I've ever really played well but I'm open to any suggestions.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2013, 06:52:43 pm »

I'd like to try this out if you're still looking for players. Although I have little Dominions experience and no multiplayer experience I finally got tired of fighting the AI. Rare was the day that I actually won against them but still it'd be cool to what all the hubbub is about.

If possible I'd like to join as Marignon, they're the only nation I've ever really played well but I'm open to any suggestions.

We're glad to have you.

You might want to check up on the other nations. You might find an amusing nation to play.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2013, 07:03:19 pm »

Witch Hunter Communions are your best friend for Marignon.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2013, 03:15:42 pm »

Witch Hunter Communions are your best friend for Marignon.

At first I interpreted this as Witch Hunters engaged in religious rites on a sunday, then I remembered the actual spell. Either way I'm going to stick with Marignon, I looked through the other options and the only one I might have taken instead was Midgard but I've only played as them once.

So I'm choosing Marignon, is there any specific date set for getting Pretenders in? I'm all set for the first ten turns anytime after this weekend.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2013, 03:53:06 pm »

I'll take any race btw surprise me  :P
Not too long tell I have the game thanks for waiting so long.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2013, 04:43:27 pm »

I will say that the Dominions 3 strategy isn't dried up. There are several races that have BARELY been touches as far as the dominions 3 community, admittingly mostly because they already written them a check saying they suck.

I'd join but Dominion's 3 is WAAAY to expensive, but keep me informed of any really good sale.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2013, 04:47:13 pm »

I think most underrated nations (say MA Ulm) deserve the reputation they have.

I'm not sure if you know, but Dominions 3 is now only $30 on Desura, rather than the $55 it was under Shrapnel.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2013, 09:04:40 pm »

I think most underrated nations (say MA Ulm) deserve the reputation they have.

I'm not sure if you know, but Dominions 3 is now only $30 on Desura, rather than the $55 it was under Shrapnel.
That where I'm going to grab it at.
 I just wish it would get on steam already.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123485567
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:11:40 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2013, 05:50:50 am »

Unfortunately i have to withdraw from the round. Due to some unexpected health-related expenses i have to take an extra work for the next few months, meaning that i will have little time for 24, or even 48h rounds. It sucks donkey balls, for i really like that map.

I do recommend that someone picks up Agartha, though. Their starting position is strong, with lots of magical sites in the caves all around them, allowing you to spam summons early, and with a rainbow : open up EVERY strategy.

Ulm starts close, you'll probably fight at the islands around Terra. Rust, and all other anti-armor thingies mess Ulm up. You can also exploit the 0enc statues, against Ulms 9000 enc troops. There is a dozen other things you can go for, early Naiad's opening stuff up? Rush Memory of Ancients 31 RP? Win the race for Artifacts?
With the gems, and easy defense - along with +50 patrol summons - you (whoever you are) have a good shot at winning this round.

Anyway, good luck to all of ye.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2013, 07:48:08 am »

Eeew... Good luck man, hopefully everything goes well for you.
-J-
Paddledwork
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45