Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Magicmaker Alpha 0.9 Update(2013.11.25)  (Read 25457 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Magicmaker
« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2013, 07:24:52 pm »

Mmhmm... it was pretty explicit both in theme and how the files are named that there was an ice level of some sort coming up, heh. Music suits it pretty well!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Magicmaker
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2013, 07:31:50 pm »

Oh hey topic. You are a thing.

Let's see... What was my loadout again?

Ah yes. My wand was Lens-Slime Heart- Ectoplasm- (Philospher's Stone once I got the fourth slot)
Mana drain is pretty spiffy, and being able to shoot around corners is quite helpful sometimes.

Spells!
I keep changing my teleport spell, so I forget what else it had. It was Seafoam-Wings for a while, so it was fast and cheap. I'm really not sure what's best to use with Rift Crystal, especially since the projectile casts at your origin, not destination.

But my big hitter was Crystal Ball-Silk-Diamond-Rock.  I think someone already mentioned this, but yeah. Not as powerful as CERTAIN things, but it gets the job done.]

...Oh, robe too. That was vampire tooth for not dying, fairy wings for jumping around and such, and whatever the hell I needed for the third slot.

On an unrelated note, is it just me or is the desert boss really buggy? It often doesn't show up for the third round, leaving the portal unreachable and such.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 07:39:06 pm by Twi »

cibo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magicmaker 0.7.4
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2013, 03:00:20 pm »

Game updated few days ago.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2013, 03:13:32 pm »

Are older save games compatible with the new version?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

cibo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2013, 03:33:10 pm »

Are older save games compatible with the new version?

No idea  :P
Haven't try it yet.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2013, 12:05:27 am »

...whoah.
I... you... this... Awesome.
I am at a loss of words seeing both this and what people have been doing with this.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 04, 2013, 01:56:49 pm »

I love this thing. Some of the spell combos are just... wow.
I usually have boss battles done in a few seconds with my setup.

Wand: Diamond A+Slime Heart A+Fairy Wings A+Philosopher Stone A
  Creates a ricochet storm in close quarters
Spell 1: Gunpowder A+Diamond A+Fire A
  Explodes, pierces, and sets things on fire.
Spell 2: Gunpowder A+Poison A+Fire A+Philosopher stone A+Enchantment
  OHKO on all normal units and half the bosses. It costs 60 Mana though so I usually save it for boss battles.
Robe: Fairy Wings A+ Feather A+Quicksilver Gear A (Prism A in the mansion)
  Whee!

I've also made setups for the target challenges but I've only made gold at them.

On an unrelated note, is it just me or is the desert boss really buggy? It often doesn't show up for the third round, leaving the portal unreachable and such.
Yes, very buggy. Especially when he has wings.
I've never had him not show up for the third round but I have had him skip the first 2. Mainly by me getting back out of the "Boss Cage" before it forms enough to hold me in. I'm always careful to not do anything that could disrupt the final round.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 04, 2013, 02:20:00 pm »

I am partial to the crystal ball + seashell + diamond + rock for my main attack spell.  It splits, pierces, and homes for multiple hits.  This is pretty good damage.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 04, 2013, 02:33:10 pm »

I highly recommend the optic lens + crystal ball + ectoplasm + illusion dust combo. If you have a high enough quality ectoplasm, you can cast it infinitely, and it does decent damage, too.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 04, 2013, 04:57:58 pm »

Is it just me or would this game be a thousand times more fun if you just started off with one element slot for each and had to slowly unlock them as you go? Starting with 3 available slots seems like they are passing up an opportunity to better pace the game. And I know this is an alpha and I have no idea what they are planning.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2013, 06:38:25 am »

This is a fun game.

I've made a lazer with Diamond A, Optics A, Rock A and it just kills the framerate. When it was Diamond A, Optics A, Rock F, it was OK. Has anyone found a way to remedy this, maybe by replacing some particle file?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2013, 06:51:31 am »

Just above the wandmaker there's a dude that can adjust the appearance of your spells. There's usually at least one combination of what's available that isn't a CPU sucking monstrosity.

Though with that combination in particular... at least unless it was fixed, firing off the edge of the map with a digging beam can bring your CPU to a screeching halt. What may have happened is that by upgrading to rock A, the beam got enough dig distance to burrow through obstructions and off the map, causing the slowdown. Avoiding it is... mostly a matter of being careful where you aim, or not using beam at all.

The latter of which isn't actually a bad idea. The beam's kinda' junky outside a couple uses (debuff application, silk thread shenanigans, some enchantment stuff), really. Changes the way damage is applied, but doesn't increase damage or do anything particularly useful beyond that. The change can be useful, but it's usually pretty suboptimal (if pretty, ha).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:54:44 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2013, 07:37:58 am »

Thanks for the info, I got bigger problems now though.

I quit the game and now the quests have been reset. Not even the forest portal was there until I got the quest from the head. I'm disappointed, if this is going to happen every time...

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2013, 01:39:31 pm »

I quit the game and now the quests have been reset. Not even the forest portal was there until I got the quest from the head. I'm disappointed, if this is going to happen every time...

It should not happen. What was happening when you quit?

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2013, 01:32:02 am »

It should not happen. What was happening when you quit?
I was in the academy, I had 2 quests in my journal, then I quit to title and then I quit the game.

Akura may have had the same problem
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 01:35:12 am by Xinvoker »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16