Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 932264 times)

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2015, 02:05:03 pm »

ok it worked ^^
but do kobolds really not have a pickaxe?

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2015, 02:48:57 pm »

kobolds are a surface race and to my knowledge is unable to dig, but I have seen a couple of posts here and their that makes me believe that they can dig soil? I am not sure don't quote me on it. the kobold thread here on the masterwork board would know more
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2015, 03:44:46 pm »

kobolds are a surface race and to my knowledge is unable to dig, but I have seen a couple of posts here and their that makes me believe that they can dig soil? I am not sure don't quote me on it. the kobold thread here on the masterwork board would know more

In prior versions they could dig in a limited capacity but now it has been removed altogether.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2015, 05:58:47 pm »

They also don't even have their stealing mechanics yet so, as the changelog post points out, they're hardmode at the moment.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2015, 07:21:02 pm »

They cant dig atm, but I have a script that I want ot use to make them dig soil. It's planned, but not added yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2015, 08:33:59 pm »

They cant dig atm, but I have a script that I want ot use to make them dig soil. It's planned, but not added yet.

I think that makes a lot of sense for Kobolds.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 11, 2015, 02:10:13 pm »

okay quick note masterwork v.006 seams to run fine on Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview valuation copy. build 10074. At least through VMware player.

In other news I have chocked up my save system issues to be caused by terry, cause I can save on the windows 7 comp that Dentainferno is lending me and the save not be updated but I can then transfer the masterworks folder to Ferno's laptop under above mentioned os to have the save that I saved on the other computer show up and work.
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

eliandarkbrood01

• Bay Watcher
  • @>-->--
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 12, 2015, 03:13:50 am »

Was just messing around... And I noticed... in your pack, you have timestream command for dfhack. It is not working. Just timed the time between days and at 10x and normal and no difference.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 12, 2015, 01:01:09 pm »

I have a few questions, first I noticed that their are two different spots labeled as embark points in the launcher the first under the settings tab in the Embark and Migrants section the other being under World Gen. in the Miscellaneous section. Me and Ferno has played around with both settings and haven't seen a difference so are these two sections not functional as of v.006 or are we doing it wrong.

My second question is that even though their is a section on the metals added via masterworks in the incomplete guide, is their a location that lists the added metals in effectiveness for blunt, slash, pierce, and armor ratings or do I have to look in the raws and compile the necessary charts myself?

My last question is that playing masterworks and reading Deathgate and  Mudermachines has made me really want to make my own tweaks/mods for df is their a handy primer for the different types of mods like entities, buildings, items/weapons/armor, and races/civs? or is it more of stumbling in the dark till you get it?

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 12, 2015, 01:14:20 pm »

Can someone help me with even getting this? The OP says I can use 7zip but it doesn't work for me.

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 12, 2015, 01:23:28 pm »

Can someone help me with even getting this? The OP says I can use 7zip but it doesn't work for me.

Use the .zipped version instead.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q64dvfwrcfddzq9/Masterwork+Reborn.zip

I have a few questions, first I noticed that their are two different spots labeled as embark points in the launcher the first under the settings tab in the Embark and Migrants section the other being under World Gen. in the Miscellaneous section. Me and Ferno has played around with both settings and haven't seen a difference so are these two sections not functional as of v.006 or are we doing it wrong.

The two settings are doing essentialy the same thing - they change embark points you can use to purchase items and pets pre-embark. You need to generate a new world for those to take effect.

My second question is that even though their is a section on the metals added via masterworks in the incomplete guide, is their a location that lists the added metals in effectiveness for blunt, slash, pierce, and armor ratings or do I have to look in the raws and compile the necessary charts myself?

The wiki used to be a reliable source, but I don't know is it updated or not. Here you go anyway :
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Metal

My last question is that playing masterworks and reading Deathgate and  Mudermachines has made me really want to make my own tweaks/mods for df is their a handy primer for the different types of mods like entities, buildings, items/weapons/armor, and races/civs? or is it more of stumbling in the dark till you get it?

I don't really know what you mean by the last one. Are you talking about list of reaction classes, etc? If it is the case, you can always refer to the wiki and Teldin's guide.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Modding_guide
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 01:28:05 pm by Emperor »

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 12, 2015, 01:37:33 pm »

Crash on save.  Then crash on autosave load.  I was only in autumn of the first year and the game is broke.   :-\ :-\

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 12, 2015, 03:26:39 pm »

@Emperor
Me and Ferno has both done what you said for the embark points to take effect but the embark points does not appear to equal either total in the launcher on the embarking menu. the links for the wiki will help me in the modding and the equipping of my dwarven Militia quite nicely.

@qorthos
load your save up to http://dffd.bay12games.com/ and I will try to take a crack at it. also tell me more about what you was doing at the time of the corruption/crash?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 12, 2015, 04:22:24 pm »

They have the same result but apply at different times. The World Gen settings change the embark points in the... world gen settings. The Embark/Migrants setting relies on a dfhack script/plugin thing to adjust the embark points (which is also why you can change the embark dimensions - well, this is in the ini too - and size of the embark group). I have read in passing once that the embark points are also variable, which surprised me since I wasn't aware that was the case. But I have had some weird cases where I'd embark just fine, but then embark in the same world with the same embark profile and come up short in points, so I don't know. Depending on when the dfhack script applies, it might negate this variability, or it might not.

I don't think there's any real changes to the materials between v6.2 and v.006. I could've sworn the manual had a chart of the material raws somewhere, but any data compiled from them during v6.2 should still be accurate (meaning the link Emperor provided above).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 04:24:05 pm by Niveras »

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2015, 04:19:25 pm »

Thanks for the help.  :)
I really appreciate it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 166