Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 932265 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2015, 12:26:08 am »

Okay I am having a separate problem now. for some reason the save system is misnaming my save files or is having some sort of naming failure. all of my df-hack quicksaves and quit saves are being written in a back up folder for a couple of seasons ago. an example is that my saves are being written into the auto-save folder "region2-00125-01-15-00125-10-01" even though the saves are being saved on dates in 00126-01-xx. So I know that Meph most-likely didn't tweak the save system but Iam asking to please point me to the right forum/thread if I am experiencing an actual bug, cause as they say when your looking for an elf ask a tree.

You probably loaded the save game name="region2-00125-01-15" so now when it autosaves, it's appending the new date, and it looks as if there's two dates in the string.  Nothing to do with Masterwork.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2015, 04:12:00 pm »

Probably its written somewhere but...how do i make this thing work? I created the world and everything, there is the graphic mod but it only lets me play as the dwarf fortress. I changed the things in "Masterwork DF" so i should be able to play as hermit gnome and the other cool things...

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2015, 07:16:05 am »

v.006 ("Masterwork Reborn") only has dwarves and kobolds at the moment. You'll need to download v.6.2 for the other races to be playable.

Note that v.6.2, as noted in the thread title, runs on DF34.11 so some of the 40.XX improvements (stepladders, non-destructive plant gathering, minor hauling improvements, multi-tile trees) won't be present.

Assuming you only posted here because the other thread is locked, did you change the "Fort" setting on the civs in the launcher (Civilizations tab)? By default, I think only dwarves are fort-enabled; the other races being mostly "active" (e.g. present during world gen but not fort-enabled). Note that changing those settings will require genning a new world.

If you have more than one race fort-enabled, you can determine to which race a civ belongs by, during fort-selection, tabbing through the lists until you see the neighboring races. The first one in the list will be your own civ's race.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:19:39 am by Niveras »

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2015, 10:13:33 am »

v.006 ("Masterwork Reborn") only has dwarves and kobolds at the moment. You'll need to download v.6.2 for the other races to be playable.

Note that v.6.2, as noted in the thread title, runs on DF34.11 so some of the 40.XX improvements (stepladders, non-destructive plant gathering, minor hauling improvements, multi-tile trees) won't be present.

Assuming you only posted here because the other thread is locked, did you change the "Fort" setting on the civs in the launcher (Civilizations tab)? By default, I think only dwarves are fort-enabled; the other races being mostly "active" (e.g. present during world gen but not fort-enabled). Note that changing those settings will require genning a new world.

If you have more than one race fort-enabled, you can determine to which race a civ belongs by, during fort-selection, tabbing through the lists until you see the neighboring races. The first one in the list will be your own civ's race.

Oooh yeah right i had to download v.6.2... i totally did it...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2015, 10:51:15 am »

That's totally not true, because Reborn already has dwarves, kobolds, gnomes and succubi.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2015, 01:14:16 pm »

Ah, you're right, I missed it because they were buried not as prominently displayed as dwarves/kobolds in the change log post.

dentainferno

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2015, 09:02:36 pm »

For some reason I have bee having issues with path finding, mining, and other random issues.  My dwarves is getting stuck trying to get a drink or food.  I had to tell my dwarves at least 5 times to make a craftsdwarfs workshop.  My dwarf Mosus almost died from not being able to get a drink when I have plenty and also food.  I also had to tell my miners many times to mine an area so I can use it as a Hopital the final time it mined but now its black and the raw materials flash on the screen.  my militia commander has also been having issues if someone can please take a look at my save posted here <http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10833> 

MasterWorks Reborn Settings

Last 2 Pages of Logs
Page 1
Page 2

The Mining Area I did thats Black [edit: Dramegno has found that the Black area was still marked to be mined although it has been mined makes since to me since before they finally mined the area they would try and mine but the blocks they were mining was being replaced with Black un-mined blocks.][edit:using d-x and selecting the area and removing the designation clears up the flashing black spot]
1st Pic
2nd Pic

Incase anyone was wondering about the Inappropriate Dig Square
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:18:27 am by dentainferno »

some cascadian guy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2015, 01:36:13 pm »

Dumb question from a noob and first time poster:

I'm a big fan of Masterwork and now am trying to jump in on REBORN but I've realized something after playing vanilla 40.24. I absolutely love the clean, plain font. I can't bring myself to play REBORN with any of the fonts the game has, I dislike seeing sprites pop up where characters should be and all that jazz. How can I change the font to vanilla dwarf fortress while still using a tilepack (spacefox)?

EDIT: oops I realize I put this in the wrong place. One thousand apologies

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2015, 02:16:31 pm »

GRAPHICS:NO

I think that should be an option in the launcher, at least.

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2015, 05:15:40 pm »

Dumb question from a noob and first time poster:

I'm a big fan of Masterwork and now am trying to jump in on REBORN but I've realized something after playing vanilla 40.24. I absolutely love the clean, plain font. I can't bring myself to play REBORN with any of the fonts the game has, I dislike seeing sprites pop up where characters should be and all that jazz. How can I change the font to vanilla dwarf fortress while still using a tilepack (spacefox)?

EDIT: oops I realize I put this in the wrong place. One thousand apologies

My guess is under Settings->Graphics->Print Mode there may be a setting for what it is you want. Text-Will-Be-Text is the Masterwork default I believe and you can choose which font you want to use for that in the section below graphics under TWBT Font.

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2015, 07:17:11 am »

okay, i have two questions: First, when I choose fortress mode and want to embark I always start off with kobolds, where can I choose which race I wanna play?
Second: How can I turn off aquifers I haven't found the option yet in the settings :s

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2015, 08:57:12 am »

First :
Choosing a civ
-----------------------

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143091.msg5619893#msg5619893

Second : You have to do it manually - the GUI doesn't have the option as of current.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2015, 09:03:29 am »

1) Either:
 a) In the Civilizations tab of the launcher, check only the race you want to play as under the "Fort" column (so the other races, e.g. kobolds, have an X); or,
 b) If multiple races are fort-enabled, use the "neighboring civilizations" list in the embark screen to see what race your select civ belongs to. The first race in the list is yours.

2) The launcher isn't complete for the new version yet so there's no easy toggle to remove aquifers. You can go into the raws to remove the tag yourself, though. Most of them are inorganic_stone_soil, though some are in _stone_layer, _stone_mineral, and fuel_masterwork. Just ctrl-f [aquifer] and delete any instance you find. According to the wiki this can be done before or after a world gen, but make sure you're editing the right files in either case (raw/objects/ if you're going to gen a new world, data/save/[region] if you're modifying an existing one).

Khorinis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2015, 10:38:48 am »

That's the problem I turn Kobold off and only dwarf on in the "fortress" section in the settings but I still start out with kobolds....

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 09, 2015, 11:03:40 am »

That's the problem I turn Kobold off and only dwarf on in the "fortress" section in the settings but I still start out with kobolds....

Try generating a new world.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 166