Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201292 times)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1485 on: December 15, 2013, 06:05:16 am »

Try putting a few of the reactions into the manager, even though they are red in the workshop. That can sometimes make it start recognizing stuff again.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: December 15, 2013, 11:48:54 am »

Could be a issue with some of those item being in bins or bags inside of bins/barrels.  That tends to screw up a lot of things.  Try making a few smaller stockpiles without bins/barrels that take from your main stockpiles.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 15, 2013, 12:31:08 pm »

I have got little problem, how the hell you select which race you wanna embark with on newest version ? Like what the hell I enabled cutebolsd orcs and dwarfs to be generated on one world,  I checked worlds and they are all ther but I am unable to anyhow select it in them in embark mode, I can only choose dwarfs. And when I try deselect dwarfs and orcs in settings so I can play as kobolds nothing happens...

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 15, 2013, 04:26:44 pm »

I have got little problem, how the hell you select which race you wanna embark with on newest version ? Like what the hell I enabled cutebolsd orcs and dwarfs to be generated on one world,  I checked worlds and they are all ther but I am unable to anyhow select it in them in embark mode, I can only choose dwarfs. And when I try deselect dwarfs and orcs in settings so I can play as kobolds nothing happens...

Did you enable all the boxes when you generated the world?  You can enable Taiga Orcs and Cutebolds under "add civs" but then you need to enable them as set playable too.

Then when you are selecting from the list of possible embarks choose one with Orcs or Kobolds.  Also you might want to check to see if they survived world gen.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 04:56:44 pm by kamikazi1231 »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: December 15, 2013, 04:57:03 pm »

It's a pain in the ass with any mod that has multiple playable races selected at once. When on the embark screen if selecting a civ you gotta select the one that is the race you want to play. There's not really a way of telling which is which afaik. Also these settings are gened into the raws, you will have to gen a new world to do the kobolds only thing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1490 on: December 15, 2013, 05:40:53 pm »

The names help, and you can see the active sites of the civ on the map. Dwraves will look like statues, kobolds like grates and orcs had another symbol as well... so there is a way to tell them apart, but its not very intuitive. You go to the embark selector, cycle with tab through the views till you see the civ-view, then you can go up and down to select the one you want to play.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jerbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: December 15, 2013, 05:59:27 pm »

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do I get insects to make the red dye? Ive not really messed with beekeeping much, so maybe this is an obvious answer, but I can't figure it out.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1492 on: December 15, 2013, 06:09:04 pm »

You answered it yourself. Beekeeping is the key. You need a cochineal colony on the map, then build a hive, and your beekeeper/hivekeeper will gather them and put them into the hive. You can nopw culivate them, split the hives or gather their products, which is made to dye automatically. Same as honey.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jerbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: December 15, 2013, 06:17:34 pm »

Okay thanks. I guess its time to learn beekeeping. Do any merchants happen to trade the red dye?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: December 15, 2013, 07:51:19 pm »

It's a pain in the ass with any mod that has multiple playable races selected at once. When on the embark screen if selecting a civ you gotta select the one that is the race you want to play. There's not really a way of telling which is which afaik. Also these settings are gened into the raws, you will have to gen a new world to do the kobolds only thing.

If you tab through to the screen that shows you neighboring civs the one at the very top of the list is yours.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: December 15, 2013, 08:03:46 pm »

You answered it yourself. Beekeeping is the key. You need a cochineal colony on the map, then build a hive, and your beekeeper/hivekeeper will gather them and put them into the hive. You can nopw culivate them, split the hives or gather their products, which is made to dye automatically. Same as honey.

Also be careful with beekeeping.  I've never messed with it much myself because of the vanilla bugs.  I'm not sure if Masterwork fixes it or not but you pretty much want only one dwarf to be a beekeeper/hiverkeeper.  There were vanilla bugs causing dwarves to get stuck or hives to not split properly because of multiple dwarves trying to queue up the same hive.  It was a royal pain to fix and ended up with a lot of hives lost and dwarves stuck and starving to death.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1496 on: December 15, 2013, 08:19:46 pm »

Also be careful with beekeeping.  I've never messed with it much myself because of the vanilla bugs.  I'm not sure if Masterwork fixes it or not but you pretty much want only one dwarf to be a beekeeper/hiverkeeper.  There were vanilla bugs causing dwarves to get stuck or hives to not split properly because of multiple dwarves trying to queue up the same hive.  It was a royal pain to fix and ended up with a lot of hives lost and dwarves stuck and starving to death.
The vanilla bug still exists. Only ever use a single hivekeeper.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: December 15, 2013, 08:27:50 pm »

If you tab through to the screen that shows you neighboring civs the one at the very top of the list is yours.

Oh that's a good idea

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: December 16, 2013, 05:24:21 am »

How much healing do the "light repairs" on Golems(Dwarf kind) do? And if it takes some time, about how long?

Just wondering if I should keep the severely battered Ada Speargolem I have out of combat for a little bit or throw it at another FB and recycle.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1499 on: December 16, 2013, 05:57:38 am »

It raises recuperation (healing) to max for 1 month. It doesnt heal broken bones, but everything else should be fine by that time.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 165