Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201283 times)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1500 on: December 16, 2013, 08:01:39 am »

K, thanks

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: December 16, 2013, 08:02:20 am »

Meph! What is the skill for dwarves firing guns and does being part of the Marksman guild/garrison help it raise faster?

Mr. Svinlesha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: December 16, 2013, 08:46:07 am »

I seem to be having a problem with my furniture workshop.  All the items in the workshop are listed in red despite the fact that I have an available mason and over 50 stone blocks.  In addition I keep getting spam about a bedroom set being finished, but I don't see anything being build.  This is after queuing up 8 normal stone bedroom sets with the manager.

What am I doing wrong?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1503 on: December 16, 2013, 09:34:19 am »

Mr. Svinlesha: Burrows? Is it outside/inside of a burrow, and the reagents are stored somewhere else?

Gamerlord! Read the manual :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 16, 2013, 09:36:34 am »

DAMN YOU MEPH.

Mr. Svinlesha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: December 16, 2013, 09:47:12 am »

Meph:

No burrows at all, yet.

The blocks are stored in bins, could that be an issue?

PS: I know you've heard this a thousand times before, but thanks!  What a brilliant mod!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1506 on: December 16, 2013, 09:51:37 am »

It certainly starts the job, then cancels it, otherwise you wouldnt get this "has been created" announcement. So my best guess is that the dwarf starts, doesnt find the reagents, then stops. So he picks up the bin with the blocks, suddenly cant find the second block anymore (which is in the bin he is carrying) and cancels. Try a stockpile with blocks and no bins.

And every thanks is welcome ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mr. Svinlesha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: December 16, 2013, 11:51:24 am »

Heya again Meph,

Well, nope, still doesn't work.  The items are written in red in the workshop, as if the materials aren't available.

Is there some special trick to using this particular workshop?  Do I need to activate it somehow?  It's built, I have a mason and stone blocks.

What I can do is add "Skill Masonry" to the work list in the shop, which along with "Skill Bonecrafting" and a few others is white and available.  If I do that and let the game run a bit, the "Skill Masonry" rubric will become active, a dwarf will hop into the workshop for a quick second, and then the rubric will be gone when I look next: as if the dwarf had somehow made "Skill Masonry."  But that doesn't seem to change anything afterwards.

Btw, when I try to make a bedroom set, and click on the red text, it says "takes place at a furniture workshop" in red as well -- as if that was what was preventing the shop from working, if you know what I mean.

I'm probably missing something very simple....

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1508 on: December 16, 2013, 12:00:09 pm »

Heya again Meph,

Well, nope, still doesn't work.  The items are written in red in the workshop, as if the materials aren't available.

Is there some special trick to using this particular workshop?  Do I need to activate it somehow?  It's built, I have a mason and stone blocks.

What I can do is add "Skill Masonry" to the work list in the shop, which along with "Skill Bonecrafting" and a few others is white and available.  If I do that and let the game run a bit, the "Skill Masonry" rubric will become active, a dwarf will hop into the workshop for a quick second, and then the rubric will be gone when I look next: as if the dwarf had somehow made "Skill Masonry."  But that doesn't seem to change anything afterwards.

Btw, when I try to make a bedroom set, and click on the red text, it says "takes place at a furniture workshop" in red as well -- as if that was what was preventing the shop from working, if you know what I mean.

I will boot the game up and give the workshop a go.

EDIT: Genned a world, standard setting, embarked, made a furniture shop, had no problem making stone block furniture, wood furniture or metal bar furniture... the workshop works. I cant tell what is going wrong in your fort. Probably the bins. The SKILL SOMETHING is just a title, a little ingame help so you know which skill is being used. It doesnt do anything.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 12:07:32 pm by Meph »

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: December 16, 2013, 12:24:56 pm »

Heya again Meph,

If you are sure you have all the regents and the reaction is still in red, check your stockpile links or burrows.

Mr. Svinlesha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: December 16, 2013, 12:45:57 pm »

Eureka!

I had accidentally marked a stone stockpile to give the furniture workshop, instead of the masonry beside it.

I knew it was something simple...sry to bother, thanks again!

Mr. Svinlesha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: December 16, 2013, 02:05:55 pm »

Can I ask another stupid question while I'm at it?  How do I keep my animals regularly fed in the stall?  Is it self regulating?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1512 on: December 16, 2013, 02:12:17 pm »

No, its manually. You look, see that they are hungry, then run the reaction. It isnt timed, you would have to do it by hand, but one reaction feeds all the pets on the stables in one go.

Mr. Svinlesha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: December 16, 2013, 03:57:51 pm »

Meph,

I seem to have figured out a way to automate it with dfhack .. if you hit Ctrl-W while you're in the stables' workshop menu, you can use workflow to automate the feeding.

:)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: December 16, 2013, 05:37:28 pm »

I got some mithril stuff from a relic, some arrows, bolts, a platemail, and a shield. Should I keep them, or melt them to make them into patterned mithril?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 165