Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201254 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1455 on: December 04, 2013, 01:20:45 am »

Settings outside of init settings won't change anything in current worlds.

In terms of skill... not quite additive. If the only difference is the natural skills... each level takes 50x^2+950x experience points to get to, where x is the level.

Ferec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: December 04, 2013, 02:00:16 pm »

Can someone help me understand why I am able to equip 4 mail hoods and 3 plate boots on a single dwarf? The quick guide lists a plate boot as having a size of 25 with a permit of only 15. That means I should only be able to equip one pair of boots right? Or am I missing something about the size/permit variables?

Ferec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: December 05, 2013, 09:55:39 am »

never mind i found the discrepancy in the data files.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: December 05, 2013, 05:41:00 pm »

What is the value of a trade liscense?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 06, 2013, 10:22:01 am »

Again?   :)
The value of a Trade License is that it is necessary to build the specialty Mountainhomes Markets (Bomrek’s, Teduk’s, etc.).  The cost is a bit over 4K, initial asking price.
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: December 06, 2013, 06:21:52 pm »

Again?   :)
The value of a Trade License is that it is necessary to build the specialty Mountainhomes Markets (Bomrek’s, Teduk’s, etc.).  The cost is a bit over 4K, initial asking price.

I did not see any answers the first time. Thanks.
I have two slabs that need to be engraved right now and no dwarf is going to engrave them. My stonecrafter/potter is sitting around with "no job" as his current "job". Also, my dwarves are refusing to haul the two ashlander elf babysnatchers into their intended cage even though there are several dwarves with hauling enabled who are just sitting around doing nothing. Why is this?
edit: The dwarves are stripping them, so I do not see the problem.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:25:51 pm by someone12345 »
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 06, 2013, 06:39:47 pm »

slabs need to be engraved, not crafted! (it is the same labor as engraving walls, smoothing stone etc)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: December 06, 2013, 06:46:45 pm »

slabs need to be engraved, not crafted! (it is the same labor as engraving walls, smoothing stone etc)
But I have an engraver too!

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 06, 2013, 08:01:13 pm »

and he is idling?
because engraving slabs is basically the lowest priority of all engraving tasks (and even hauling is often done before honoring the dead...)

rustyshack1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions - Gremlin invasion?? Also, pond doesn't work.
« Reply #1464 on: December 07, 2013, 08:24:18 pm »

Just started playing DF a bit ago, found this mod the other day. Seems pretty excellent, I especially like the manufacturing add ons (what kind of dwarf makes just one bolt??!). So, I started up a fortress the other day, and things were going pretty solid. I did run into some problems when I hit the cave system with some gremlins and blade spiders. I have been getting better with military though so it didn't set me back too much...until...

I was "ambushed" by around 10 armed gremlins about 2 z-levels below my main base. At which point they traipse right up into my crafting and living areas and proceed to shoot/stab/rend a number of holes into everyone they see. My two squads had been up topside dealing with a small ambush from tigermen...never had dogs so I couldn't do the usual defense. Much less so from below.

Getting to the point, I have some questions:
1. Do gremlin invasions happen often? If so is there a better way to defend down below? Cavern baddies always tear my guys to pieces...
2. How do I assign someone to work at the fish pond and make poles and nets? Pretty mystified as to how the stable works too...do I assign it as a pen?
3. Also how do I make ink? I have the paper thing down, and I'm pretty sure I've squished some cochineals into some form of dye but it still won't let me build any research areas.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 07, 2013, 08:48:51 pm »

1) drawbridges are your friend, there is no reason (besides loving the extra challenge) not to seal off the caverns when the need arises
2) fishfarming labor has to be enabled, all tasks are done at the fishpond
and yes, just pen over your stables to make em work
3) manual answers this well: Ink => Craftsdwarf, from dye, graphit, blood or ash.

rustyshack1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: December 08, 2013, 02:12:05 am »

danke schön :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1467 on: December 08, 2013, 03:13:55 am »

Bitte sehr.  (even if I dont have anything to do with the answer^^)

How do you like the mod so far?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #1468 on: December 08, 2013, 03:25:58 am »

I know I'm not who you asked, but I jsut wanna say I love the mod.
Right now I'm trying to wrap my head around/dive into the mod's smelting. Admitedly, I've not read on it in a long while, but I'll figure it out.
One question though, actually, wait, I got my hunter hunting, so no questions. The thing was i was making mod ammo, percing wood bolts, and he would only use plain ones form a craftdwarf shop.

KroganElite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: December 08, 2013, 08:35:11 am »

I can't use 8 blocks to make slade even though the manual says I can.

I can't extract pure tetrahedrite using the ore processor even though pure tetrahedrite can be used for job orders in the "u+m" hotkey screen.

Is my game just bugged or what? All my settings are default(All workshops on). Simple stones and minerals are also off. This is really bugging me because I can't make volcanic gear and my copper production is wasteful and produces a lot of slag.

Please advise. D:

edit: also what is up with guys with missing limbs. They are ALWAYS bleeding. They used up all my soap so quickly. In vanilla i've never had this problem. This has to be a bug since it doesn't make sense that it wouldn't clot by now.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:41:28 am by KroganElite »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 165