Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201293 times)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1470 on: December 08, 2013, 01:20:12 pm »

I know I'm not who you asked, but I jsut wanna say I love the mod.
Right now I'm trying to wrap my head around/dive into the mod's smelting. Admitedly, I've not read on it in a long while, but I'll figure it out.
One question though, actually, wait, I got my hunter hunting, so no questions. The thing was i was making mod ammo, percing wood bolts, and he would only use plain ones form a craftdwarf shop.

In the military screen when you assign ammo for hunters you probably have wood bolts selected.  However the game sees each variety of bolt as separate ammo.  So add a new ammo and select piercing bolts and make the material wood.  You'd have to do the same thing in the military for broadhead ammo, etc.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: December 08, 2013, 02:59:00 pm »

I can't use 8 blocks to make slade even though the manual says I can.

Not /100%/ positive but I'm pretty sure something got changed to that recipe though I can't quite recall what. On the other hand I might be completely wrong. :D

Zombiearcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: December 09, 2013, 01:09:13 pm »

First off love the mod and have been playing for a while.

How does one research a crucible? I have most of the other forges and smelters but I don't seem to be able to do crucible research. I looked at the dwarf manual and the raws for the building but no help. Can some nice person please list exactly what I need? I already have the researchers study built btw and have access to all of the reagents.

KroganElite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: December 09, 2013, 01:55:20 pm »

How does one research a crucible? I have most of the other forges and smelters but I don't seem to be able to do crucible research. I looked at the dwarf manual and the raws for the building but no help. Can some nice person please list exactly what I need? I already have the researchers study built btw and have access to all of the reagents.

This wiki page should help.

Zombiearcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: December 09, 2013, 03:32:07 pm »

This wiki page should help.

Thanks, I wasn't aware masterwork had its own wiki, :)

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: December 10, 2013, 04:56:17 pm »

How do you deal with a schizoprehnic dwarf? I have several in my ~1.5 year old fortress and occasionally one freaks out. This always causes a loyalty cascade which (usually) results in 1-2 survivors after everything's over.  I'm looking for solutions that don't include myself organizing an (un)fortunate accident. Will the schizophrenics eventually stop being aggressive if I can keep my military far away from them?

Edit: The real problem is that once my military gets a single kill it seems to be too late as they will no longer obey station order so I can't even block them in somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:59:33 pm by oldark »

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: December 12, 2013, 09:52:39 pm »

How do you deal with a schizoprehnic dwarf? I have several in my ~1.5 year old fortress and occasionally one freaks out. This always causes a loyalty cascade which (usually) results in 1-2 survivors after everything's over.  I'm looking for solutions that don't include myself organizing an (un)fortunate accident. Will the schizophrenics eventually stop being aggressive if I can keep my military far away from them?

Edit: The real problem is that once my military gets a single kill it seems to be too late as they will no longer obey station order so I can't even block them in somewhere.

Your best bet is to make them Golems or sacrifice to Armok for great reward. Another option is suicide patrols looking for ambushes.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: December 13, 2013, 08:23:24 am »

I managed to hit underground cavern with my miners and always when that happens.. plants from that cavern start spawning also in my fortress. E.G. cavern trees, grass and various colors appear in my fortress. I do not like that infestation and I tried making many "ventilation" shafts dismantling all doors so air would be fresh.. or putting various doors between cavern and fortress.

Nothing helps, is there any !MAGICAL! solution for this ? And I apologize if this is not problem/bug/w/e of Masterwork but vanilla.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: December 13, 2013, 08:49:57 am »

I managed to hit underground cavern with my miners and always when that happens.. plants from that cavern start spawning also in my fortress. E.G. cavern trees, grass and various colors appear in my fortress. I do not like that infestation and I tried making many "ventilation" shafts dismantling all doors so air would be fresh.. or putting various doors between cavern and fortress.

Nothing helps, is there any !MAGICAL! solution for this ? And I apologize if this is not problem/bug/w/e of Masterwork but vanilla.
It is a vanilla thing. And a solution is to build stone roads on top of all pathways of your dirt fortress and carve your fortress into proper stone layers in the future.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: December 13, 2013, 06:59:21 pm »

Best bet in the future is just to carve your fortress into stone instead of soil. Stockpiles seems to prevent tree growth so often I have my larger stockpiles in the soil layers along with my farms.

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: December 14, 2013, 01:36:02 pm »

How good is orichalcum? Is it near or surpassing adamantine in coolness?
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: December 14, 2013, 02:31:38 pm »

How good is orichalcum? Is it near or surpassing adamantine in coolness?

It's about equal to steel for bladed weapons, but is much heavier, making it better for blunt weapons than steel is.

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: December 14, 2013, 02:54:53 pm »

What about silver for blunt damage?
Also, what about the reactions, I have the impression it's some sort of holy metal.
I can't really make heads or tails of what to do with it, seems like it's pretty much omnipurpose.
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: December 14, 2013, 03:22:04 pm »

What about silver for blunt damage?
Also, what about the reactions, I have the impression it's some sort of holy metal.
I can't really make heads or tails of what to do with it, seems like it's pretty much omnipurpose.

Orichalcum is slightly heavier than silver, but not by much. They should be about the same for blunt weaponry.

Orichalcum is used for quite a few different reactions, so it might be better to just go with other materials for your armor and weaponry, and save orichalcum for special reactions.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: December 15, 2013, 04:14:42 am »

What might prevent ink production?  Jugs, ash, blood, dye, graphite, quills and library supplies all in stock.  No warrens, skill or manager issues, the Make Ink jobs are inactive.  My forts generally last as long as it takes Meph to introduce a new version and this is the first one without ink.  The military actually gets by OK with unpoisoned ☼steel weapons and mithril armor but it’s a handicap not to have any of the better workshops. 

Any ideas?
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 165